What's new

Youm e Shuhda 2012

Yes.. Last yr's ceremony was excellent... Infact it was in tht ceremony tht I heard this song Ye Ghazi Ye tere purisrar bandey for the first time....and loved it absolutely...infact Hum koi shahadat bhoolay nahi was excellent too... Heard tht one, for the first time also

But considering the fact tht this ceremony will be held tomorrow only, will it be aired live on tv channels? Bcoz tomorrow is Youm e Shahadat...so it should be airing tomorrow only....If it will be live telecast...what will be the timings? I dont want to miss it...at all

No media channel gives any damn to army, unless it is something that portraits them as enemies and wicked organisation.
You maybe able to watch on PTV, they always air these shows live.

No media channel gives any damn to army, unless it is something that portraits them as enemies and wicked organisation.
You maybe able to watch on PTV, they always air these shows live.

Well...last yr..mostly channels aired tht Youm e shuhda ceremony....but u are right...there has been massive increase in negative propaganda against army since the last yr specifically.....so i doubt they would show it this yr.......Gosh...i hate our media channels for this....Always portraying Pak Army as evil...esp..idiots like Hamid Mir and Najam Sethi, infact except a few patriots, everyone's mission to defame Army...We are just an ungrateful nation... Whether its any war, or natural disaster, like floods, or earthquake...it is always Pak Army tht comes to our rescue...and helps us...whereas it clearly isnt their job... Their job is only to defend the borders....but yet, they are always the first ones, to come out for help... Why dont these media channels, at such times as floods or earthquakes dont say...tht it isnt the job of Army, and it should go to its barracks...and let the politicians perform their duty? The politicians at such times, also, are having trips of foreign countries, whereas Army gets engaged in rescue and relief operations..Why dont the media raise hue and cry then...tht politicians should take the front seat...when clearly its the job of the govt to perform such duties? Just like they make hue and cry...abt Pak Army's role in foreign policy? When politicians wont do their duty, obviously someone will have to fill the void, whether natural disasters or in foreign policy, so obv Army would do it, while politicians are busy writing memo....I sometimes wonder...tht media does so much propaganda against Army...what if after getting fed up of the propaganda against them...they say...ok...u dont want us...lets go back...and do whatever u want? I dread tht day... when Army's morale and motivation, will go down, due to the baseless propaganda against them, on media channels. And to be honest...they would be justified to an extent...bcoz who would want to seve and sacrifice for ungrateful ppl...who even dont value their sacrifices? Even they have families...and they still help us selflessly.. I seriously wonder...tht why uptil now...hasnt their morale gone down after so much baseless propaganda against them? Although i hope...tht such day never comes tht they get distracted due to media, and hope tht the media learns its lesson before tht... Although i have no hopes from this media........Even i get sooo much frustrated when i see ppl bashing army or media doing propaganda against them, tht i want to hit them hard...but still army is sacrificing their lives... I must say they must be truly selfless ppl then..who dont care for the propaganda against them, and continue to serve Pak... Well..i just want to say to them, tht inspite of the negative propaganda against Army on channels....still many ppl like us, do really value their sacrifices, and hope tht their motivation level never goes down..bcoz ppl do genuinely care for them... Truly salute the soldiers...:pakistan:

Army to pay homage to martyrs today

ISLAMABAD - The whole nation is standing with the families of around 40,000 soldiers and civilians who lost their lives fighting the terrorists in the ongoing war to clean the motherland from those who were out to disrupt the public peace.Pakistan Army has arranged a programme at GHQs Auditorium to show solidarity with the families of martyrs and to pay homage to all those who had sacrificed their lives for the better future of the country.Although, the families of the Army personnel who had embraced martyrdom while fighting the terrorists or who fell victim to the terrorists attacks were well taken care of by the Pakistan Army, but at the same time most of the family members during their interaction with media raised the question that of why the state seemed helpless against terrorists who attacked innocent people, and very few were brought to justice.There was no answer to this question as only a handful of the terrorists could be brought to justice and most of the involved in of heinous crimes avoided capital punishment taking advantage of the loopholes in the legal system, which needed complete overhauling.An official of law enforcement agency dealing with counter-terrorism cell on condition of anonymity informed TheNation that there were major flaws in the laws dealing with terrorist and some special laws should be put in place to get rid of this growing menace, which has acquired a monstrous dimension.He said that country was passing through an extra-ordinary situation and extra-ordinary measures would be required to deal with it. He said that at present some 1000 persons arrested on serious charges were facing trail, but the conviction rate is less than one per cent and most of the hardened criminals managed to deceive the legal system and went out to do more damage He said that Pakistan should adopt the same measures as adopted by various states to tackle the extra-ordinary situations and cited the example of United States of America which had introduced Patriot Law after 9/11 and the whole nation including civil society and media supported the government in containing the menace of terrorism. Similarly, when United Kingdom faced riots the government had established special courts working day and night and over 1000 individuals were sent to jail within a month.He further said that the law enforcement agencies and government alone could not curb the growing terrorism from society and each and every segment of society including media and intelligentsia has a role to play and besides projecting the sacrifices of all those who had given their lives for the motherland they should also project the true and ugly face of terrorists who had not only made numerous women widows and children orphans but had caused severe damage to the very foundations of the state.

Army to pay homage to martyrs today | The Nation

Tumhein watan ki baitian aur maain salam kehti hain..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... So, the ceremony hasnt started yet..i guess...bcoz it has not started airing on PTV ...dont know when will it start? Anxiously waiting...

No PR103/2012-ISPR Dated: April 29, 2012
Rawalpindi - April 29, 2012:

Yaum-e-Shuhada will be observed with perseverance and solemnity at all Garrisons of the country on 30 April 2012. .

To the berieved families of Martyres, the children and kids, sisters and brothers, I SMIQBAL and my family stand by you at this moment of grieve. Our Shaheed always live in our hearts and the nation shall not forget the gift given by Shaheeds as a fruit of Freedom. God bless you all.
My message to the families of Siachen tragedy is that we are your sons, brothers, dont feel alone, your beloved are the part of our destiny. We stand by you and pray God bless you.
SMIQBAL.

Only Gen Kiyani's speech was shown on all channels, including PTV...otherwise the whole ceremony was not aired...:angry: I waited so much... Will it be telecasted on some other day? I hope they do telecast the whole ceremony...
Gen Kiyani's speech was good...I especially liked tht, he especially mentioned abt Abottabad operation and Salala attack and also said tht foreign countries had run a full negative propaganda campaign against Pakistan..which has forced us to revise our relationship with them... His speech was overall good...

The speech by COAS did have a message in it to the government and US. When he said that some foreign people Truro violate our sovereignty.

The speech by COAS did have a message in it to the government and US. When he said that some foreign people Truro violate our sovereignty.

Yes u r right.. His speech had lot of important messages for the concerned ppl... He was clearly targetting America, esp when he mentioned abt Abottabad and Salala incident and tht foreign countries had run propaganda against Pakistan...Later on, when he spoke abt democratic institutions, he said tht constitution has laid down responsiblities of every institution in clear terms, and we must respect tht...and tht the ultimate aim of democratic process is welfare of the ppl.. There, he was clearly referring to the tussle between SC and the govt, and he was clearly giving a message to the govt tht they must respect tht constitution and hence SC's verdict.. It had a clear message for the govt, if we read between the lines...

But... as i said before.....why didnt they air the whole ceremony?...dont know whether they will air the whole ceremony at some other day or not? If yes, when? I seriously want to watch the whole ceremony....

3206.gif

A must read column by Wasi Shah on Youm e Shuhda Ceremony... He also tells tht this ceremony will be telecasted on 6th May

Heres the link of his column... Very very emotional

Bora Baloch Baap Aur Youm-e-Shuhada by Wasi Shah | Latest Pakistan News in Urdu | Breaking News | Urdu Columns | Jobs in Pakistan | Exam Results | SMS

The emotions which i felt after reading the column by Syed Wasi Shah, are described best..in this song.. Nothing else to say

Rang Laye ga Shaheedon ka laho(Pakistan Army Song) - YouTube

Back
Top Bottom