What's new

‘You have so beautiful white skin’: India and its problems with skin colour - German tourist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan is very concerned about India.

Whites getting preferential treatment in India is very common.
Their is a inbuilt reflex to admire the white skin in a average Indian.I have seen it so many times in India that its not funny.
Go to a restuarant and without fail the whites will get served first and with great deference
.Very common in north India and Goa and the whites know it.
Outside the big cities people will line up to get photographed with random whites. Just saw it in Mohali during the test against england. The white guy was a bricklayer from england and ppl were coming up to get photographed with him.
Problem is not the fascination with white skin but when you start discriminating against your own people.
And also we think we are superior to the blacks and east asians and discriminate against them. Every east asian is called a Nepali .Worse for the blacks though.
Pakistan also suffers from this complex . The fuss about that chaiwala because he is fair and green eyed. Bet a brown complexion guy from karachi is never gonna get modelling assignments.

I thought you were here to teach us how not to make racist comments on an already stretched logic thread.

Pakistanis, while obsessed with white skin think Indians doing the same is racist but hold the most disgusting foul odious petty minded racist gutter hole views about Indians.
You took in a bad way while it was a light hearted post :(

Whoever wrote that has clearly never actually been to the UK. :lol:

In the top three countries of origin for UK immigrants going back almost two decades? India & Pakistan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom#Countries_of_origin

Muslim-community-in-White-007.jpg

London, not Lahore.

There is no point in cherry picking picture and facts in an attempt to gloss over and discount the blatant racist practices of the west.

India is part of the UK lead "common wealth nations" which was created due to their own insistence while "granting" independence to the colonies .

That is why Indian and UK embassy are called "High commissions" and not consulates.

Despite this, UK has racist visa policies that give "special privileged" to Canada, New Zealand and Australia. Not to mention EU and US.

This is just one example. You can do a review of US visa policies and emigration rules for the past 200 years to get a better picture of your own nation. :disagree:

Do it and let me know what you find.

Their is a inbuilt reflex to admire the white skin in a average Indian.I have seen it so many times in India that its not funny.
Go to a restuarant and without fail the whites will get served first and with great deference
Outside the big cities people will line up to get photographed with random whites. Just saw it in Mohali during the test against england. The white guy was a bricklayer from england and ppl were coming up to get photographed with him.
Problem is not the fascination with white skin but when you start discriminating against your own people.
And also we think we are superior to the blacks and east asians and discriminate against them. Every east asian is called a Nepali .Worse for the blacks though.
Pakistan also suffers from this complex . The fuss about that chaiwala because he is fair and green eyed. Bet a brown complexion guy from karachi is never gonna get modelling assignments.
no wonder when my pathan cousin visited india , he told me was being treated well , and people asked to take pictures with him.

Mostly correct, aside from the bar thing.
In most bars and clubs, stags (single guys ) aren't easily allowed.

My Brother who is definitely Indian , Faced same issues during his 4 year College education in Bengaluru .

Ham kalae hai to kya huya , dil walae hain :D Ham tera tera tera ( :DGora )chahana vala hain :D
Perfect song
So sad this guy passed away in ATR crash :-(

Rulers of this region mainly had lighter skin so its ingrained in our brains light skin = royalty

:-)

I totally agree with article writer. This is very very common in India. We are super racist people. I have friends from various countries. Similar observation is told by all my European and American friends. This observation did not change from exchange students to till date from my colleagues.

Thanks god, i am beyond all this , that's why i just hit irrespective of race or color as long i like it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well you can say in Pakistan we from KPK can exhibit much "racism" when angry :D but over all the intensity is less than India when compared to entire Pakistan. But non the less we are also obsessed with skin color. The only difference is that physical assault on white tourists in India is at top when you compared to Pakistan. Rather honestly here the foreigners are not attacked sexuality due to their skin tone.

I would again state that I would call these "beauty standards" and not racism. African-Americans have a huge range of skin tones ranging from darn near white all the way to purple black .... yet they as a group no matter how light or dark are usually at the receiving end of something bad ...

As far as racism goes, Pakistan is a relatively very tolerant country in terms of discrimination based on race ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ly-tolerant-countries/?utm_term=.b7ca6e21623f

But then again, we do have a problem where being a dark skin tone = ugly. Last I checked Tyra banks, Rihanna, Beyonce, Hally Berry etc. were dark skinned and all of them are drop dead gorgeous in my book...

Once you live in country full of whites and have seen white skin up close you fall in love with brown skin all over again. I am rarely attracted by white woman anymore

All races admire whites. The preference for lighter skin exists in every race including the blacks! Two things are what every humans look into: Sharp, symmetric face and body as well as lighter skin color. Something bad, but inherent character of all humans. In the case of South Asia, people gets divided as castes and classes on this basis. Some intelligent people thousands of years ago, created this to prevent miscegenation, perhaps.

Pakistan is very concerned about India.

We are your sworn friends we should be concerned

Indians need a thorough education to rid themselves of this ridiculous perception.

And some hot latinas.

Education has nothing to do with psyche but change in status changes many thing i feel

Whoever wrote that has clearly never actually been to the UK. :lol:

In the top three countries of origin for UK immigrants going back almost two decades? India & Pakistan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign-born_population_of_the_United_Kingdom#Countries_of_origin

Muslim-community-in-White-007.jpg

London, not Lahore.

Yeh and mostly brownest Pakistanis are mainly UK citizens don't know about Indians.

The very fact that you choose to ignore my post where it spells out the racist policies of UK and the reason for their multiculturalism tells us about your agenda.

The vary fact that you admit that UK visa rules have "special conditions" for white christians who you choose to cover with a fig leaf called "EU members" shows your inherent hypocrisy.

Its hilarious that you choose to focus on the micro minorities in Europe while discounting the majority as white christians :lol: ...... same being true for the US.

I would be wasting my time debating more given your obvious Racist views and deliberate blindness to what my Picture of UK visa policy makes it clear in red and blue.

I have not bothered to share my personal experience of racism in US or Europe or M.E because I choose to discount personal experience unlike you.

Spare me your 10 cent psycho babble about colonisation given your background as a mixed breed "burger" pretending to pass of as an Australian of any consequence. If you must pity anyone, pity yourself.

A lot of babble without little or any facts.. A simple notion.. Show everyone here a single instance a non white person have been denied visa to enter either the UK or any other Western nation solely based on his/her skin color ?

You cant since you're just a little drama queen getting your panties wet on a online forum, I pity you because of your inferiority complex, Pure bred or not thats just pathetic

As I said, i have not found any evidence or even heart a story that person have been rejected visa on the basis of the skin colour though a large number of people from south asia get their visa rejected most of the times they do not fulfil the requirements and that has to do with the lower education standard ...a lot of people thus consult travel agents etc. Furthermore, I'm not saying that all the rejections are justified but the reasons are other than the skin color. The western countries are paranoid due to the security situation so sometimes people with a particular appearances may face difficulty in getting the visa..

I agree, Not for one second do i deny racism and prejudice is'nt prevalent in Western societies, In fact it's ironic that we see a rise in nationalism and racism in White societies as a reaction to far liberal policies and open borders thrust down on them for last two or three decades, But you and i both know they have also made huge progress

What i find hilarious is this hypocritical hyperbole of some South Asians screaming the racist card when some of their societies are the worst from of discrimination known to mankind.. Not just in terms of people's complexions but worst kind in caste discrimination, It seems for some it has hit a raw nerve, Hence the overreaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom