You Are a Hero, Not Me

behnam

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
You Are a Hero, Not Me
(By pilot Colonel Waali Oveissi)
Before the Islamic revolution, in the years 1354 and 1355 (shamsi calender), Martyr Ardestani who was a second lieutenant and was one of the newly graduated pilots. He was dispatched to Pakistan to participate in a series of shooting competitions done by airplanes.
There was a major, among Pakistani pilots, who had shot down some Indian airplanes in the war between India and Pakistan. And he was considered a hero of the war of the country's Air Force. This situation caused him to become famous among pilots. Therefore, he walked in a certain proud manner and he rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, and he prided himself up to the highest degree.

It was the competition day, and the airplanes, which were supposed to participate in the competition, left the ground. Martyr Ardestani, was well dressed to some extent, although he was young. He decided to get involved on a trial air combat with Pakistani major. As he performed skillful maneuvers, the Pakistani colonel let him be in the on-the-spot shooting range. That is to say, he positioned his airplane in a manner that he found himself behind the Pakistani plane. The meaning of this action according to pilot's art and air combat is equal to hitting the opponent's plane.
The flights were over, and the planes landed on the ground one after another. The Pakistani major rolled down his-shirt sleeves so unbelievably, and approached martyr Ardestani and told him in English "You are a hero not me!"
%D8%B4%D9%87%DB%8C%D8%AF%20%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AF%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%DB%8C.jpg

Last edited:
He decided to get involved on a trial air combat with Pakistani major. As he performed skillful maneuvers, the Pakistani colonel let him be in the on-the-spot shooting range..
To be very frank sir there is no major or colonel who flies in PAF,second bold parts says he isdoing trial air combat with major and next he was locking a plane being flown by a colonel...and which fighter used by PAF and Iranian Air force...

To be very frank sir there is no major or colonel who flies in PAF,second bold parts says he isdoing trial air combat with major and next he was locking a plane being flown by a colonel...and which fighter used by PAF and Iranian Air force...
well,you wanna tell me that that in 1970s there was no major or colonel who flies in PAF?? this story is available on official website of Iran air force...i think that fighter was F-86 sabre with were used by two air forces.
source:
nahaja.aja.ir/Portal/Home/ShowPage.aspx?Object=News&CategoryID=408eeb60-f363-4df3-a78a-ae1343a3023b&WebPartID=a1f9e425-f7c2-4cea-898d-1db17a38889d&ID=6af8ca04-212b-410e-a326-2df004963c30

Last edited:
mostafa ardestani was born in 1949 in iran. after getting diploma he went to military service.in 1971 he went to Flight School.and sended to usa.and return to Iran as second lieutenant pilot of F-5 tiger..in Friday February 3, 1995 iriaf lockheed jet crashed and he and other 11 commanders including (iriaf chief Mansour Sattari) died.
75561.jpg

75565.jpg

You Are a Hero, Not Me
(By pilot Colonel Waali Oveissi)
Before the Islamic revolution, in the years 1345 and 1355 (shamsi calender), Martyr Ardestani who was a second lieutenant and was one of the newly graduated pilots. He was dispatched to Pakistan to participate in a series of shooting competitions done by airplanes.
There was a major, among Pakistani pilots, who had shot down some Indian airplanes in the war between India and Pakistan. And he was considered a hero of the war of the country's Air Force. This situation caused him to become famous among pilots. Therefore, he walked in a certain proud manner and he rolled up the sleeves of his shirt, and he prided himself up to the highest degree.

It was the competition day, and the airplanes, which were supposed to participate in the competition, left the ground. Martyr Ardestani, was well dressed to some extent, although he was young. He decided to get involved on a trial air combat with Pakistani major. As he performed skillful maneuvers, the Pakistani colonel let him be in the on-the-spot shooting range. That is to say, he positioned his airplane in a manner that he found himself behind the Pakistani plane. The meaning of this action according to pilot's art and air combat is equal to hitting the opponent's plane.
The flights were over, and the planes landed on the ground one after another. The Pakistani major rolled down his-shirt sleeves so unbelievably, and approached martyr Ardestani and told him in English "You are a hero not me!"
%D8%B4%D9%87%DB%8C%D8%AF%20%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%AF%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%DB%8C.jpg
Sell your stuff somewhere else dude ...great many of your pilots were trained in PAF Academy Risalpur ...8-)

Sell your stuff somewhere else dude ...great many of your pilots were trained in PAF Academy Risalpur ...8-)
90 percent of iranian pilots trained in u.s .in 1970 pilot Volunteer gets too much so some sended to pakistan . why did you get upset? that was a true story.one thing doesnt change everyting..i know pakistani pilots are real high quality and good.best and greatest pilots of iran trained in us. every iranian pilot who trained in us had 2 million $ price while every f-4 phantom had 4$ million dollars.

Last edited:
90 percent of iranian pilots trained in u.s .in 1970 pilot Volunteer gets too much so some sended to pakistan.why did you get upset? that was a true story.one thing doesnt change everythink..i know pakistani pilots are real high quality and good. mostly iraqi pilots trained in pakistan in saddam period with very low price.but every iranian pilot who trained in us had 2 million $ price.
I am getting mad because your story is making neither head nor tail ...and the way your story is written ....
He decided to get involved on a trial air combat with Pakistani major. As he performed skillful maneuvers, the Pakistani colonel let him be in the on-the-spot shooting range. That is to say, he positioned his airplane in a manner that he found himself behind the Pakistani plane. The meaning of this action according to pilot's art and air combat is equal to hitting the opponent's plane.
Do you even know anything about how Exercises or Gunnery Competitions are held ? Why a 'major' who has shot down some Indian planes would let a rookie get behind him and just for this 'act of bravery' would then commend him 'You are a hero, not me' ? Grow up please !

hey pal take it easy, i just copy it from official website iran army, translation is not good all all,if you can read persian go to this link:
aja.ir/portal/Home/ShowPage.aspx?Object=News&CategoryID=7914e658-317f-4242-9439-bb5967090597&WebPartID=aa16cd17-acce-4187-baf5-f00bd7aeda87&ID=e32f7b09-fd44-4718-9071-93a445e791b9
and read it,..

and by the way he wasnt a rookie. this flight happend on 1976 .and he was chosen by iran air force as one of the best and was sended to pakistan.for dogfighting.

Pakistan air force Navy and Army have British officers designation not American designations under which a Pilot can be a major, colonel etc.

Pakistan air force Navy and Army have British officers designation not American designations under which a Pilot can be a major, colonel etc.
sir i just use the equal of BPS-18 rank witch is a major in u.s designations.i think bps-18 is major in u.s ranks.

he is a terrorist sympathizer , don't get offended by the dude
I am not a terrorist, I don't belong to Hizbullah !

and by the way he wasnt a rookie. this flight happend on 1976 .and he was chosen by iran air force as one of the best and was sended to pakistan.for dogfighting.
Aah, Pas che bayad kard !

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom