What's new

YES GHAURI-III EXISTS

Oh I can guarantee you will be one pretty isolated state if your missiles manage to reach new york. North Korea and Iran come to mind. :P

Yes. I think this is why the SLV project is on hold. For political rather than technical reasons.

I would rather look out for a shaheen III..
The ghauri series... are pretty primitive in terms of guidance and design.

Its always good to have a diversified inventory.

Then put a nuclear warhead on it.

And risk the annihilation of the entire South Asian continent. Nuclear weapon is not like a conventional weapon, its used as a last resort and one needs to understand the destruction these evil weapons can cause. If nuclear weapons are exchanged, words cannot describe the pain the people will go through, lets pray to God that a day never comes when nuclear missile storage facilities are put on full alert.

Yes. I think this is why the SLV project is on hold. For political rather than technical reasons.

It is not on hold. I can safely say that but cannot, for obvious reasons, cite the source.

Zardari has dried up the funding, but our Military R&D is robust enough to keep working.

Scrapping or putting a project on hold is an engineering nightmare. Rather work slowly but surely.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

I wonder how will they test missiles with range longer than the length of our country? Because a missile can fall in international waters, but you have to notify all the vessels of commerce and war. Not an easy thing.

I wonder how will they test missiles with range longer than the length of our country? Because a missile can fall in international waters, but you have to notify all the vessels of commerce and war. Not an easy thing.

Pakistan does so every time when we test Shaheen 3...

It is not on hold. I can safely say that but cannot, for obvious reasons, cite the source.

Zardari has dried up the funding, but our Military R&D is robust enough to keep working.

Scrapping or putting a project on hold is an engineering nightmare. Rather work slowly but surely.

---------- Post added at 02:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

Two facts are interesting.

1. There was a quote from the head of Suparco that they were 3 years away from an SLV. This was about 15 years ago.

2. The quote from a conversation between Khan ( of the famous Khan network) and Musharaff, when Khan asked if he should start building an ICBM due to the friction with the US, and Musharaff replied no. If there was an Slv program in existence then, surely Khan would no about it?

2. The quote from a conversation between Khan ( of the famous Khan network) and Musharaff, when Khan asked if he should start building an ICBM due to the friction with the US, and Musharaff replied no. If there was an Slv program in existence then, surely Khan would no about it?

If this was his reply which i am sure it was.....then he is an asshole. Pakistan needed an ICBM the moment we were threaten to be bombed back to stone age, we needed one to make sure such a situation never arises again where we have to face this option " our way or the high way".

Perhaps if Pakistan want to avoid episodes of "My way or Hiway", they may be better served by focusing on building and expansive and vibrant economy which does not require capital from abroad -- I mean surely that and not ICBM which some may have less and others more of, is a better guarantor of the Pakistani state's autonomy

Economy is the basic factor behind every development but an equally strong military is required to protect those vital interests. Strictly speaking from a military point of view, a threat of that scale should have left us with some serious thinking...........Is India the only rival we should we worried about?

I agree India is just a rival there are enemies and would be enemies around and far -- but Economy first - no economy no weapons, actually no economy, no state - our enemies will win by our default

Perhaps if Pakistan want to avoid episodes of "My way or Hiway", they may be better served by focusing on building and expansive and vibrant economy which does not require capital from abroad -- I mean surely that and not ICBM which some may have less and others more of, is a better guarantor of the Pakistani state's autonomy

That would not have worked in Sep 2001. The US would have given that ultimatum to any country on the planet and it would have complied, economy or no economy.

In fact, even with an ICBM, Pakistan had no choice in 2001. The US would have literally bombed us to stone age if we did not comply. Musharraf had no choice.

Back
Top Bottom