What's new

Yechury says yoga is 'dog's body movement', Twitter users lash out

Then you have not read his pro islamist posts then. In any case his hateful mind is a product of his religious upbringing.
his islam is so far from current islamic practice, you can call it deen-e-jamahir :devil:
anyway my point is he is not abusive, just because he is critical of hindu faith does not make him a monster. Try to take criticism on chin.

He tries to hide his islamo fascist tendencies under a leftist veneer. But he does not even try to hide his hatred of hindus. A typical islamist lowlife.

come on... just because i am born muslim doesn't mean i hate people from another culture... have you seen me calling people names??

Everybody loves doggy pose. :lol:

i am a commie missionary, and am feminist too, so i like the ladies take a higher position.

Then you have not read his pro islamist posts then. In any case his hateful mind is a product of his religious upbringing.

have you ever seen me make mujhaidind type of posts ??

also, you should go to the "syria civil war" thread to see posts by thrax and belew kelew to see some real reactionary posts, and then compare them to mine.

Last edited:
My Grandfather(Nana) use to do Yoga, since he stayed in Shimla (India) trust me He was in very good shape and very active. So that makes me think Yoga or whatever you wanna call it is a good thing to do.
some say people who do yoga are already health conscious, which means they try to live a healthy lifestyle. Yoga has some benefits but its not a miracle, it has to complemented with everything else like balanced diet, brisk walking(if old) and some aerobics.

some say people who do yoga are already health conscious, which means they try to live a healthy lifestyle. Yoga has some benefits but its not a miracle, it has to complemented with everything else like balanced diet, brisk walking(if old) and some aerobics.

What I think is, Yoga is basically a name given to a certain life style doing certain exercises, I can recall my Grandfather use to walk very early, always use to go to walk in morning and then doing Yoga (Breathing exercises) and other stretching exercises. He use to follow a very strict routine maybe that was the key to some good Health. Basically I think Yoga is more like a discipline you have to follow, you can give it W.e name you like, basically it is just a healthy pattern you have to follow.

According to a PTI report, Yechury had on Sunday said: "All yoga exercises can be noticed in dog's body movement."

I've seen only a few yoga moves that dogs can do. Yechury is exaggerating.

19059769622_20f101fd62_b.jpg

What I think is, Yoga is basically a name given to a certain life style doing certain exercises, I can recall my Grandfather use to walk very early, always use to go to walk in morning and then doing Yoga (Breathing exercises) and other stretching exercises. He use to follow a very strict routine maybe that was the key to some good Health. Basically I think Yoga is more like a discipline you have to follow, you can give it W.e name you like, basically it is just a healthy pattern you have to follow.
thats what I was pointing at. BTW yoga is not only breating exercise it also includes the stretching exercies. It improves your balance and posture. However it cannot burn enough calories, you need to do something else for that.
The religious fight is unnecessary, you will get exactly same benefit without religious mumbo jumbo. However, people find sanity in religion, it gives them an anchor in chaotic world. In a silent room you might find a state that feels like close to bliss (and god?).. thats why it is said yoga is for mind and body...
you can remove hindu layer and ad muslim layer on top, instead of saying oooom say aaaallaaaahhhhh.. if it makes you feel good.. or do plain vanila... upto you.

First try to understand what each leaders of India are saying.

(Sitaram Yechury is general secretary of the CPI(M) and a Rajya Sabha MP. The views expressed are personal)

Yoga is an ancient Indian set of practices that predates the Vedic civilisation. Several seals discovered at the Indus Valley Civilisation sites depict figures and positions resembling yoga meditation poses. The Rig Veda and various later Upanishads mentioned this term. The Katha Upanishad, believed to be composed between the fourth and third centuries BCE, describes yoga as the steady control of the senses leading to a supreme state. The Buddhist Pali Canons and earlier Jain texts also speak of meditative postures to liberate cognition. There are Patanjali’s yoga sutras. The Bhagwat Gita gives the descriptions of karma, bhakti and jnana yogas. It is believed that there is an energy lying dormant in every human body, Kundalini (which in Sanskrit means coiled like a snake). The aim of yoga is to arouse this energy lying at the bottom of the spine to reach the brain, leading to spiritual liberation. The exercises prescribed to achieve this state were broadly believed to be the yoga postures.

Such sublime spiritual pursuits, however, are not the concern of Modi. Yoga is to be practised for improving the quality of life. Indeed, many find it useful. It is marketed in the West, particularly in the US, as a cardio exercise supplement. Pranayam and body stretches to ensure the flow of oxygen to all cells could be as ancient a practice as human existence itself. An unsung yoga teacher once drew an analogy with a dog immediately after awakening stretching its entire body to activate itself. Today’s yoga postures may well have emerged from our ancients, the hunter-gatherers, stretching themselves as the day begins to embark on their adventures.
Haven't got time for these leftists who's agenda is to standstill or grow backwards.

There is nothing understand form a hypocrite commie like Sitaram Yechury. He is the same guy who preaches against capitalists & on the other hand begs the supreme capitalist leader to take a position on Indian internal affairs.

his islam is so far from current islamic practice, you can call it deen-e-jamahir :devil:
anyway my point is he is not abusive, just because he is critical of hindu faith does not make him a monster. Try to take criticism on chin.

Religion is a personal issue but mainly its because of regional and international politics, we read strange things.

There are certain people who tries to align buddhism with Islam and seperate it from Rig Vedic religion. Islam is the religion of the same ancient Rig Vedic people and Arabs are close to Indians.

Haven't got time for these leftists who's agenda is to standstill or grow backwards.

There is nothing understand form a hypocrite commie like Sitaram Yechury. He is the same guy who preaches against capitalists & on the other hand begs the supreme capitalist leader to take a position on Indian internal affairs.

Where you see propaganda here ?

Yoga is an ancient Indian set of practices that predates the Vedic civilisation. Several seals discovered at the Indus Valley Civilisation sites depict figures and positions resembling yoga meditation poses. The Rig Veda and various later Upanishads mentioned this term. The Katha Upanishad, believed to be composed between the fourth and third centuries BCE, describes yoga as the steady control of the senses leading to a supreme state. The Buddhist Pali Canons and earlier Jain texts also speak of meditative postures to liberate cognition. There are Patanjali’s yoga sutras. The Bhagwat Gita gives the descriptions of karma, bhakti and jnana yogas. It is believed that there is an energy lying dormant in every human body, Kundalini (which in Sanskrit means coiled like a snake). The aim of yoga is to arouse this energy lying at the bottom of the spine to reach the brain, leading to spiritual liberation. The exercises prescribed to achieve this state were broadly believed to be the yoga postures.

20150617_135437.jpg

Religion is a personal issue but mainly its because of regional and international politics, we read strange things.

There are certain people who tries to align buddhism with Islam and seperate it from Rig Vedic religion. Islam is the religion of the same ancient Rig Vedic people and Arabs are close to Indians.

Rig vedic people had religion based on natural forces.. thats like religion v 1.0
islam came thousands of years after them, mostly work of an individual but surely many more persons were involved, its sudden departure from prevalent belief and certainly did not develop organically out of it, we can call it religion v 2.0 (most abrahamic religions are).
Rig vedic people worshipped elements like fire, water and other natural phenomena as god.

thats what I was pointing at. BTW yoga is not only breating exercise it also includes the stretching exercies. It improves your balance and posture. However it cannot burn enough calories, you need to do something else for that.
The religious fight is unnecessary, you will get exactly same benefit without religious mumbo jumbo. However, people find sanity in religion, it gives them an anchor in chaotic world. In a silent room you might find a state that feels like close to bliss (and god?).. thats why it is said yoga is for mind and body...
you can remove hindu layer and ad muslim layer on top, instead of saying oooom say aaaallaaaahhhhh.. if it makes you feel good.. or do plain vanila... upto you.

i think this will help its acceptance.

1. remove any religious-mysticism attachment, whether hindu or saying "allaaah" or in terms of clothing color or talking about "spiritual upliftment" or attaching it to certain occasions or ceremonies.

2. mix it with other techniques.

3. if it is really true that it is from before vedic civilization, it should be made prominent...

First try to understand what each leaders of India are saying.

(Sitaram Yechury is general secretary of the CPI(M) and a Rajya Sabha MP. The views expressed are personal)

Yoga is an ancient Indian set of practices that predates the Vedic civilisation.

Where you see propaganda here ?

View attachment 231793
Don't bother.. We are talking about two different things here!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom