What's new

Yasen submarines to be equipped with hypersonic missles with 1000km range

This is good. Nuclear attack submarines are a cost effective way to destroy a large blue water navy (such as America's).

This is good. Nuclear attack submarines are a cost effective way to destroy a large blue water navy (such as America's).

nice way to put it, "They are good to destroy".

and i don't think their main target is to destroy ships in case of a NATO vs Russia war, but to launch Nuclear warheads aimed at the west. why do you think most of the nuclear armed subs of Russia is placed in the Northern fleet.

Lame journalism. Hypersonic missile with range of 1000 km wont fit into that submarine. Even Granit monster missile, which is carried by special class of huge SSGN submarines has range of only 550 km and its supersonic, not hypersonic.

Lame journalism. Hypersonic missile with range of 1000 km wont fit into that submarine. Even Granit monster missile, which is carried by special class of huge SSGN submarines has range of only 550 km and its supersonic, not hypersonic.

Another gem from our Israeli guru :lol: Of course who if not him would know the size of new classified Russian hypersonic cruise missiles and whether they will fit or not into that submarine :lol:

but seriously..
zircon-s is still unfinished and in experimental phase....

but seriously..
zircon-s is still unfinished and in experimental phase....

There aren't any hyper-sonic missile that have been inducted into the military, gotta start somewhere. Plus with the induction dates of the submarines I am pretty sure Russia can come up with the missile in time.

the range of the hypersonic missiles is 1000km looks very less to me ...they shold greater than 1500km at least...to be a formidable attacking force IMO......:coffee:

nice way to put it, "They are good to destroy".

and i don't think their main target is to destroy ships in case of a NATO vs Russia war, but to launch Nuclear warheads aimed at the west. why do you think most of the nuclear armed subs of Russia is placed in the Northern fleet.

That's certainly an important task, which is what the Borei ballistic missile submarines are for. But relying on a nuclear deterrent is risky. If Russia get's involved in a conventional war, I doubt they'd be willing to start armageddon by using nukes. This is where the attack submarines come in. They can destroy the aircraft carriers and other ships that are used to project power.

Another gem from our Israeli guru :lol: Of course who if not him would know the size of new classified Russian hypersonic cruise missiles and whether they will fit or not into that submarine :lol:
Its simply basic physics, no need to be a guru. With speed increase fuel consumption is growing exponentially. Thats why 7 ton Granit has range of 550 km and 3 ton new Brahmos/Oniks - only 300 km and bot missiles are only supersonic. Also Granit is way too big for Yasen class submarine.

until now the russian doctrine about super/hypersonic cruise missiles was to increase speed not range....
but the subscwill be introduced in 2021...
lets see what type sorcery the russians come up with.

until now the russian doctrine about super/hypersonic cruise missiles was to increase speed not range....
but the subscwill be introduced in 2021...
lets see what type sorcery the russians come up with.

One is already undergoing sea trials. The last of the subs will be introduced by 2021, but some of them should be introduced much earlier.

Obviously, the zircon-s is not ready yet, so we won't be able to see it in action for a while.

Actually, it could be much more efficient by flying hypersonically in the outer atmosphere. Basically, the faster you fly, the shorter amount of time you need to stay in the air for any given distance. This means less fuel consumption.

it was a serious question...

since some old Soviet style subs had swimming pools inside the submarines, i was wondering if this one would have that luxury to. :)

Yes sadly the old Soviet submarine swimming pool was also know as the reactor coolant, for the sake of the crew i hope swimming is no longer a requirement.

Yes sadly the old Soviet submarine swimming pool was also know as the reactor coolant, for the sake of the crew i hope swimming is no longer a requirement.

Does this look like reactor coolant to you?

1_087.jpg

Its simply basic physics, no need to be a guru. With speed increase fuel consumption is growing exponentially. Thats why 7 ton Granit has range of 550 km and 3 ton new Brahmos/Oniks - only 300 km and bot missiles are only supersonic. Also Granit is way too big for Yasen class submarine.

Range could be increased by improving the efficiency of engines also.....

Currently most countries are experimenting with scramjet engines.

Actually, it could be much more efficient by flying hypersonically in the outer atmosphere. Basically, the faster you fly, the shorter amount of time you need to stay in the air for any given distance. This means less fuel consumption.

Seriously dude,Are you joking????

This is bullshit Physics.

Back
Top Bottom