What's new

Y-8 GUNSHIP INFO (similar to AC-130U)

well they will be at half of prize of AC 130 but man they offer serious fire power but out millitary think tank is nuts they buy rubbish and they waste money on stupid things

I wonder if Pakistan armed forces will get his word it can come handy against terrorist and there hide outs.

Hope this becomes a reality and we can have some of these. It will give awesome firepower to our COIN operations.

This already has become a reality. It has been developed and built from a modified Y-8 series.

This might have been designed as a counter-insurgency system, but unless the opposition is particularly well-equipped with MANPADs or mobile anti-aircraft systems, it looks as if it will be a punishing ground support system as well.

The specs are certainly scary.

That's why it's deployed in the Xinjiang Military Region. It is designed for the Turkestan terrorists.

直升机比这种飞机还经济,效果还更好,并且对打击恐怖主义势力还有另一种优势:直升机可以在城市内低空飞行,而飞机不行。这种不伦不类的飞机是一种浪费。米国有的,不一定是都合理的。许多米国的武器项目只不过是一些利益集团捞钱的工具罢了。

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

in my above post i said helicopters are still better in this regard, and have the added advantage of being able to fly low within urban areas while this plane can't.

Helicopters don't have sufficient firepower. Airborne artillery is the greatest invention since the MOAB.

Back
Top Bottom