Y-7 AWACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aimarraul

Reaction score
2ut2lx2.jpg

dgmek8.jpg

Y-7 AWACS

During a visit of Chinese vice prime minister to the 603 Institute in April 2005, the head of the institute introduced a new AWACS model to the VIP visitors. The model appears similar to American E-2C, characterized by a large rotodome and a large cooling intake on top of forward cabin. It also features two turboprop engines with 6-blade high-efficient propellers. This new AWACS might be based on the Y-7/MA-60 passenger aircraft but might also be a completely new deisgn. The radar may be a scale-down version used by KJ-2000 AWACS with three AESA arrays installed in a fixed rotodome. The emergence of Y-7 AWACS suggests that Chinese are working on a dedicated AWACS platform for the indigenous aircraft carrier which is currently under construction and will feature steam catapults. A recent rumor (September 2010) claimed that a prototype was built and is being tested at CFTE, featuring four E-2C style vertical tailfins. The fixed AESA radar is also being tested at CFTE onboard a Y-8 T0518 testbed

- Last Updated 2/21/11

hope this real``

It is real!
From those persons we see, we could understand that the AWACS project was started at late 90's, more than 10 years! It means that chinese development on a complete aircraft carrier system was started more than 10 yrs.:smokin:
Y-7AWACS.jpg

how come so many good news recently?

This photo has been been shown to me before. Apparently, it's an EW aircraft that is somehow meant to be similar to the Y-8 AWACS.

They were seen testing at CFTE with tail hooks, meaning that they are meant for the aircraft carrier.

I wonder if this thing is capable of being launched without steam or electromagnetic catapults?

the klj-2000 is not likily aesa but just pesa or you could leave it at esa. reason why is say so, is because the radome houses three radars, and AESA is usually expensive, and usually only 1 is used and rotated.
keep in mind the kj-2000 came up pretty quick, and likily is a stop gap for future aesa Awacs.
The plaaf had these useless airframes, that they put to use.
you see the shortcomings from lack of, modern Awacs, being filled with quantity.
if the PLAN seriously builds a carrier AEW or AWacs, that is an achievement on its self.
However, i'd be more interested in what the actual engines in the carrier itself.
if they don't have enough power, launching large aircraft would be diffuculte, not to mention limited top speed.
Which is critical in open ocean operations.

the klj-2000 is not likily aesa but just pesa or you could leave it at esa. reason why is say so, is because the radome houses three radars, and AESA is usually expensive, and usually only 1 is used and rotated.
keep in mind the kj-2000 came up pretty quick, and likily is a stop gap for future aesa Awacs.
The plaaf had these useless airframes, that they put to use.
you see the shortcomings from lack of, modern Awacs, being filled with quantity.
if the PLAN seriously builds a carrier AEW or AWacs, that is an achievement on its self.
However, i'd be more interested in what the actual engines in the carrier itself.
if they don't have enough power, launching large aircraft would be diffuculte, not to mention limited top speed.
Which is critical in open ocean operations.

Jealous much?

We have money to burn and the KJ 2000 project cost billions. The airframe itself only cost a few dozen million. Guess where the rest of that money went.

As for expensive AESA radars you might want to see the gigantic 4 AESA panels we packed on the 052C and recently Varyag.

type-348_052-c.jpg

We don't skimp out on the important things.

BTW we are currently constructing 4 more 052Cs with 16 gigantic AESAs.

index.php

This is what happens when you can build things domestically and not pay ridiculous prices for downgraded foreign systems.

PS.

Check out the other platforms in China that have confirmed AESA radars.

KJ 200

Linear beam

KJ200_7-1.jpg

ZDK 03

rotodome

Img272044945.jpg

HQ 9

landbasedaesa.jpg

Jealous much?

We have money to burn and the KJ 2000 project cost billions. The airframe itself only cost a few dozen million. Guess where the rest of that money went.

As for expensive AESA radars you might want to see the gigantic 4 AESA panels we packed on the 052C and recently Varyag.
really? let me remind you that China tried to purchase the Phalcon, as the first option.
second, i guess the Chinese managed to keep their AESA cool right? you must be the local expert on radars,
tell me, why try to purchase Phlacons, when a local AESA was 3 years away?
answer, because it wasn't.
question 2
why use three radars, when AESA in a rotodome is usually a single radar?
Answer
its not AESA
the US has ground based AESA since 1952. thats a history lesson.
building AESA modules isn't diffuculte as employing it on a large aircraft, and keeping it cool.
its also easier to base it in a ship or otherwise.
the only airborne AESA is likily the kj-200 which uses the beam to keep the AESA cool.
but you know you know best.
but i guess, if the KJ-2000 was so, effective, the PLAAF also employed it on various other, and i can count 2 other programs.
i am not jealous. simply realistic.

BTW we are currently constructing 4 more 052Cs with 16 gigantic AESAs.

This is what happens when you can build things domestically and not pay ridiculous prices for downgraded foreign systems.

PS.

Check out the other platforms in China that have confirmed AESA radars.

KJ 200

Linear beam
really?
why bother trying to purchase Phalcon?
because its so much more expensive right?
It is well known fact, that materials cost the same! Your T-99 mbt or otherwise would cost the same in the US!
the only difference in price would come from R&D, which needs to be payed off.
It is not that building at home is the best thing for China, rather it is the only option for China!
R&D costs are massive, that is why collabration is the new buzz word.
China does have a massive economy, but since your so good with numbers, you should also be aware,
India's GDP is what China's was 10 years ago. but i'm sure you realize that.

oh yes, China does.
J-10 recieved IOC in 2006, and till date it is yet to recieve FOC.
but more than a 100 J-10s are in service. powered by Russian engines, like your 500+ fleet of flankers,
compared to Indias 110+ flankers.
The PLA are not as stringent as the PA or InA. that is fact. That is why when Pakistani's order something, Chinese, it comes with a dash of western equipment or soviet.
example would be AK which uses a Ukrainian engine, and an FCS from somewhere else i hope. Your FC-1 concept was mangled and brushed off for a JF-17, and the PAF still wants to employ western avonics and equipment on it.
despite China's emergence in R&D, the lack of international collabration has left it in a somewhat of a darkage.
the only help arrives from the bankrupt Russian firms. who also sold you the license production of Su-27, and yet you harp saying its indegnious.
which by the was is made in China, but the PLAAF still pay royalties for the J-11. they always will, unless, unless ofcourse, they want the fleet flankers to be grounded when the Russians stop the sale of engines.
regards,
ps, your ultra patriotism is joke for me.

really? let me remind you that China tried to purchase the Phalcon, as the first option.
second, i guess the Chinese managed to keep their AESA cool right? you must be the local expert on radars,
tell me, why try to purchase Phlacons, when a local AESA was 3 years away?
answer, because it wasn't.
question 2
why use three radars, when AESA in a rotodome is usually a single radar?
Answer
its not AESA
the US has ground based AESA since 1952. thats a history lesson.
building AESA modules isn't diffuculte as employing it on a large aircraft, and keeping it cool.
its also easier to base it in a ship or otherwise.
the only airborne AESA is likily the kj-200 which uses the beam to keep the AESA cool.
but you know you know best.
but i guess, if the KJ-2000 was so, effective, the PLAAF also employed it on various other, and i can count 2 other programs.
i am not jealous. simply realistic.

We did try to purchase the phalcon. US blocked it.

We then invested billions of dollars into a Domestic AWACS.

As for 3 years, not everyone follows India's timeline in producing weapons. We plan something and we get it done.

Three AESAs give continuous 360 coverage and thats pretty important when it has to cover several hundred kilometers of area

As for your Bharat Rakshak logic. It might get you a few pats on the backs there there but it won't work here.

And India has yet to deploy any domestic airborne AESA. Thats also a history lesson. See how off topic that is?

The IL 76 has plenty of power to keep the AESAs cool. Don't you worry.

The KJ 2000 has been in service for 8 years now, and there are far more than just two AESA programs.

Yes you are very much jealous, and you show it by trolling here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom