What's new

XL Axiata picks Ericsson 5G tech to power east Indonesia

so basically Indonesia wants forced tech transfer and forced employment of Indonesians, even if Indonesia does not have enough talents for the job. Indonesia wants to learn from Saudi Arabia where Saudis are paid to do nothing in "management" while Indonesians and Indians are the ones who actually do the backbreaking work in Saudi Arabia. Indonesians want to be paid for a "job" regardless of whether they have the talent or not.

Is my understanding correct?

Tech transfer / TOT and mandatory local content percentage has always been a requirement for all major projects of national or strategic importance... even more so if one is being funded through the national budget... be it in manufacturing, industry, military, mining, refining, energy, infrastructure etc... it's actually written in the law...
So anyone can have a chance as long as the requirements are met... and actually in the minerals refining industry, China is likely the top investor in Indonesia now as they seem to be the most flexible in meeting the ToT requirements...
If local talent is not available or insufficient, then training locals by the winning party is also part of the ToT requirement... So no, local talents will not just be sitting by in management doing nothing..

so basically Indonesia wants forced tech transfer and forced employment of Indonesians, even if Indonesia does not have enough talents for the job. Indonesia wants to learn from Saudi Arabia where Saudis are paid to do nothing in "management" while Indonesians and Indians are the ones who actually do the backbreaking work in Saudi Arabia. Indonesians want to be paid for a "job" regardless of whether they have the talent or not.

Is my understanding correct?

LOL. My brother is in the network telecommunication sectors and have already worked in Lucent, Siemens, Nokia, Erricson, ect. He is not even a graduate from the best STEM university in Indonesia and his academic record is just average but his first assignment right after graduation is working in USA and after that he went to several Western countries that include Spain and Australia. He worked there with his Indonesian colleagues coming from similar Indonesian university from him.

He has experience working in Siemen, Erricson, Nokia companies in Indonesia and only few foreigners working in that companies while most of the engineering people are Indonesian. I have for instant come to his office in Erricson heardquarter in Indonesia.

While for Huawei Indonesia, it is an open secret that they employ many Chinese from mainland for engineering job that can be done by Indonesian engineers. My brother is in the industry since he is graduated so he doesnt talk bulshit. My best friend who work in Siemen Indonesia also confirm that fact. There is one network engineer that I personally know (working in national company) due to my work that comfirm that as well and he has experience working with Chinese Huawei engineers in Indonesia.

Erricson Indonesia headquarter in Pondok Indah, South Jakarta
11738086.jpg

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom