What's new

Xinjiang Desert town, Hotan Yōtkan Old Town, Tales of the One Thousand and One Nights in real life

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Xinjiang Desert town, Hotan Yōtkan Old Town, Tales of the One Thousand and One Nights in real life​

调整大小 88523e89gy1h4llhmbzxhj21w02imnpe.jpg
6395bdbcly1h4g1yr39r1j20u019047d.jpg
93d0be68ly1h4gp0rgzkvj20zk0np7b5.jpg
调整大小 6ad5c634ly1h4ougkzsgxj22yo1o07wh.jpg
微信图片_20230107214547.jpg
调整大小 c2e60debly1h4u4qfluwwj235s2dchdv.jpg
微信图片_20230107214609.jpg

Reducing indigenous populations is to seemingly dancing musical people for entertainment where they don't have any complex thought or unique ideas might question your preferences or political views is an old colonial mindset

These are Muslim people, yet they've been dressed up in the racist way Disney has imagined Arabs and Arabia (Agraba) in an India and Arabian without any mix. People should just save themselves the trouble and either visit authentic Uyghur areas or find the closes Disney land and you can see Princess Jasmin, Pocahontas, Mulan, Cinderella, and the Beast all for the price of one trip

Reducing indigenous populations is to seemingly dancing musical people for entertainment where they don't have any complex thought or unique ideas might question your preferences or political views is an old colonial mindset

These are Muslim people, yet they've been dressed up in the racist way Disney has imagined Arabs and Arabia (Agraba) in an India and Arabian without any mix. People should just save themselves the trouble and either visit authentic Uyghur areas or find the closes Disney land and you can see Princess Jasmin, Pocahontas, Mulan, Cinderella, and the Beast all for the price of one trip
Locals do live in that old town, it's not an amusement park, and I hope the anthentic Uyghur areas you mentioned doesn't mean mud huts without electricity, running water and flush toliets, those "authentic" old Uyghur dewellings had long gone, the "old towns" in Uyghurs cities are all completely renovated houses hooked up with all the modern facilities.

Below is all Uyghur Kashgar oldtown, all renovated though, now all these houses can withstand scale 8 degree earquakes and are connected with eletricity, natural gas, running water, flush toilets..

English subtitles are available

Young couple, ( husband Chinese and wife Korean ) visit Xinjiang Kashgar old town.
The Korean lady asks a little girl whether she heard a country called Republic of Korea, the little girl shakes her head. Korean lady was very disappointed...

Later on, the young Chinese and Korean couple met the older sisters of these little kids, the older sisters are teenagers and they are so suprised that the lady is actually a Korean, unlike their little brothers, the teenager girls know Korea very well and love Korean music and TV shows, the teen girls can even speak Korean , they speak in Korean " How are you, I m Chinese". This makes this Korean lady very very happy.

I didn't realize Ürümqi, Kashgar, and Karamay were small towns made of mud houses up until now. When you talk about mud houses it seems like propaganda.

The Uyghurs in XInjiang didn't all live in mud houses.
There are many build up towns and cities that Uyghurs live in.

I've travelled a lot of the world and authentic experiences are always better than the artificial ones governments create with a disconnect to history, culture, and values of the locals. Most of the people on this forum would be interested in authentic Uyghur experiences like these:

I didn't realize Ürümqi, Kashgar, and Karamay were small towns made of mud houses up until now. When you talk about mud houses it seems like propaganda.
There is a dedicated musem for this massive renovation project in Kashgar

Western media's report on Kashgar old town rebuild project in 2011, saying China was destroying Uyghur houses and livelihood

The Uyghurs in XInjiang didn't all live in mud houses.
There are many build up towns and cities that Uyghurs live in.
The videos you posted are after renovation scenes, Kashgar old town renovation project started in 2011, mainly focused on earthquake resistance, modern life facilities and broadening narrow alleys to enable fire trucks and ambulances to get in.

Seems like you need to review what I posted. Apparently like we're ignoring the latest housing facilities coming in the form of prisons and reeducation camps for Uyghurs.
Looks like poor planning anyway

The museum video also shows a real lack of religious spaces like mosques. Why is that? As you can see from the video I shared, those areas could benefit from more mosques. Current ones seem to be serving large amounts of people where people have to fit onto stairs just to pray.

How many mosques more mosques will the region have than before?

Kashgar oldtown today 10 years after the renovation projects, Uyghurs are still there, this Uyghur old town is not destroyed as western media claimed.

Seems like you need to review what I posted. Apparently like we're ignoring the latest housing facilities coming in the form of prisons and reeducation camps for Uyghurs.

The museum video also shows a real lack of religious spaces like mosques. Why is that? As you can see from the video I shared, those areas could benefit from more mosques. Current ones seem to be serving large amounts of people where people have to fit onto stairs just to pray.

If you had already made up your mind and insist, there is no pointing for future discussion. check out the kids smile and laugh to figure out if they are genuine.

The renovation project rebuilt houses with same style on the same spots, only replaced mud with concrete and steel, the outsides look exactly the same, so you can say there was no planning, the old city from appearance is intact.

Last edited:
Kashgar oldtown today 10 years after the renovation projects, Uyghurs are still there, this Uyghur old town is not destroyed as western media claimed.

If you had already made up your mind and insist, there is no pointing for future discussion. check out the kids smile and laugh to figure out if they are genuine.

The renovation project rebuilt houses with same style on the same spots, only replaced mud with concrete and steel, the outsides look exactly the same, so you can say there was no planning, the old city from appearance is intact.
Personal insults really? It seems my comments and unanswered questions have been too much for you. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Development is good, but the concerns and questions I've posed are also genuine

I don't know how many, but there is a big one. A tourist circles around the Kashgar old town from outside, a big mosque is next the the old town

Kashgar is more crowded than Beijing and Shanghai, tourist couldn't get in so she just drove around the oldtown to have a general look.

Personal insults really?
What? I insulted you? where?

Looks fake and tacky. Like a literal potemptkin Disney Aladdin movie set.

Looks fake and tacky. Like a literal potemptkin Disney Aladdin movie set.
Locals live in the old town, most of them have homestay business, the theme is designed to attract more tourists so the locals can have good income. they don't do all of those for nothing.

Locals live in the old town, most of them have homestay business, the theme is designed to attract more tourists so the locals can have good income. they don't do all of those for nothing.
Yeah obviously it’s for tourists, it’s very tacky and inauthentic. It’s just reflective of the low cultural awareness of the tourist classes that they enjoy this kind of tacky shit.

Back
Top Bottom