What's new

Xiaomi crosses one million devices sold in India

TimeTraveller

Reaction score
Country
India
Xiaomi India Head Manu Jain had earlier said that the recent lawsuit didn't affect them and now Hugo Barra has revealed that the company has sold over a million smartphones in India.

10407140_1568407873373778_3023266500743477872_n.jpg

Xiaomin has insisted that the Ericsson case hasn’t hurt them, and if the company's latest post is accurate, then that claim may be true. Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra posted on Facebook yesterday, announcing that the company has crossed the million mark in India. Yes, according to Barra’s post, Xiaomi has now sold one million smartphones in India, in less than six months after starting operations here.

The company was recently hit with a ban enforced by the Delhi High Court, after a patent infringement case registered by Ericsson. Xiaomi was later allowed to sell its Snapdragon-powered devices in the country. India Head, Manu Jain explained that Xiaomi was able to demonstrate to the court that it had the required permits through its licensing agreement with Qualcomm.

Capture.JPG

The court case is pending a hearing on February 5 and Xiaomi has been allowed to sell its devices running on Qualcomm chipsets since then. While it has been insinuated that the company may be hurt by the initial ban, the truth is that most of its devices already run on Qualcomm chipsets. Furthermore, Xiaomi is going ahead with its product plans, announcing the Redmi Note 4G sale for December 30. In addition, Xiaomi will also be bringing the Xi aomi Mi4 to India soon.

@Chinese-Dragon and others....:-)

Source : Xiaomi crosses one million devices sold in India | Digit.in

Xiaomo is not in Pakistan and I won't buy it because I don't like to have big screen phones. I am better with standard keypad phones. BTW I think most they will be able to sell huge number of their devices in Pakistan too.

Do you guys have Lenovo smartphones in the South Asian market?

Or do they mostly stick with laptops/tablets/etc?
Haha.. I know you're a huge fan of Lenovo. I've used a K860 once and found the phone to be very good until I had a problem with spares and Lenovo had stopped manufacturing the K860. But didn't like Vibe much. My current phone is the MI 3. It's a beautiful phone. Smooth and fast. Some users complain of heating, but it's normal for phones to heat up when the processor is being tweaked for higher performance. Also, it's not significantly a deal breaker.
Prior to this, I used a Huawei Ascend Mate. Cheers!

These idiots would have sold at least two million more if they made the stocks more available. they release only 40k units at one time , it gets bought up in seconds.

Xiaomi is amazing value for money phones.

I wonder why the Xiaomi has stopped selling Mi 3 in India?

Do you guys have Lenovo smartphones in the South Asian market?

Or do they mostly stick with laptops/tablets/etc?

The suckers at Xiaomi should release more Phones i missed Mi 3,you know when they will release Mi 4 here & how is it against other phones in it's class

Haha.. I know you're a huge fan of Lenovo. I've used a K860 once and found the phone to be very good until I had a problem with spares and Lenovo had stopped manufacturing the K860. But didn't like Vibe much. My current phone is the MI 3. It's a beautiful phone. Smooth and fast. Some users complain of heating, but it's normal for phones to heat up when the processor is being tweaked for higher performance. Also, it's not significantly a deal breaker.
Prior to this, I used a Huawei Ascend Mate. Cheers!

LOL yes I have a bias towards Lenovo since I've been buying their stuff since I was a kid. :P

Next time I'll try a Huawei or Xiaomi, I've got my eye on a few of their products which are extremely tempting.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom