What's new

Xi Jinping appointed vice-chairman of Central Military Commission

Well Bo's son is a pretty intelligent individual, given how well he is doing in academics and sports (yes that part is unusual). He attends Oxford and apparently the picture was taken at a Club at a Party. He is not as useless and stupid as the picture suggests.

On the otherhand I wonder if Bo Xilai gave the kid a beating after the picture became popular...

Well Bo's son is a pretty intelligent individual, given how well he is doing in academics and sports (yes that part is unusual). He attends Oxford and apparently the picture was taken at a Club at a Party. He is not as useless and stupid as the picture suggests.

On the otherhand I wonder if Bo Xilai gave the kid a beating after the picture became popular...

Apparently his son is at balliol, I even used to go there for dinner some days -- for ~£4.30 you can get a 3 course meal and I thought that was pricey for a student lol... never went to a balliol bop, no doubt would have found this dude there by the look of it...

Apparently his son is at balliol, I even used to go there for dinner some days -- for ~£4.30 you can get a 3 course meal and I thought that was pricey for a student lol... never went to a balliol bop, no doubt would have found this dude there by the look of it...

Are you an Oxbridge graduate?

I was, though only for one year (postgrad). Had a blast time -- the drinks at most colleges' bars were just £1 a pint! I think you guys at north american colleges seriously missed out under the 21 age limit law :D In fact during the formal halls having your dinner served with wine here is a standard...

I heard bhutto's son was there too, walking around on campus with body guards etc though I never saw him either, he must be living a different life from us the puny civilians.

I was, though only for one year (postgrad). Had a blast time -- the drinks at most colleges' bars were just £1 a pint! I think you guys at north american colleges seriously missed out under the 21 age limit law :D In fact during the formal halls having your dinner served with wine here is a standard...

I heard bhutto's son was there too, walking around on campus with body guards etc though I never saw him either, he must be living a different life from us the puny civilians.

Save your admonishments for the Americans, our drinking age is 18-19. :D and we in Canada are hardly known for being abstemious.It does sound like you had a blast.

Save your admonishments for the Americans, our drinking age is 18-19. :D and we in Canada are hardly known for being abstemious.It does sound like you had a blast.

Haha, fair play :cheers: I was also told that in the US one of the first things a fresher does is go get a fake ID, lol...

Haha, fair play :cheers: I was also told that in the US one of the first things a fresher does is go get a fake ID, lol...

Not to mention crossing the border to drink and gamble at Niagara falls. American puritanism is rather silly and dated me thinks.

hey, topjumper, me too! perhaps we even share the same Alma mater :cheers: Bo's son was named as top 10 Chinese Youth of Britain or somthing like that about 2 years ago.

Never have dined at that balliol though. Talking about school dining, the English are still too conservative however. You gotta love it the old continent style as we never have to check ID for spirits. In my former collegue in Holland, we had 2 self-run pubs within the 16th century castle inside the campus. Every Thursday we had a mandatory full-dress dinner party inside the castle followed by open bar with free beers and wine, with which everyone must give a decent speech (or poem could do) though. The worst speaker would be threw into the moat immediately after voting with his suit/tie on, even in winter when the water tempreture is approaching zero. I got my "luck" several times, were not pretty... :lol:

He doesn't look as good as Li Keqiang. Li should have been the new "face" of China. No offense to Mr. Xi but I wish our leaders look more serious. I was hoping for Bo Xilai. Looks like a movie star, cracks down on crime, tough on corruption, talks straight and sends text messages.

Lol can't have everything, except maybe in movies.

ab2tposter.jpg

hey, topjumper, me too! perhaps we even share the same Alma mater :cheers: Bo's son was named as top 10 Chinese Youth of Britain or somthing like that about 2 years ago.

Never have dined at that balliol though. Talking about school dining, the English are still too conservative however. You gotta love it the old continent style as we never have to check ID for spirits. In my former collegue in Holland, we had 2 self-run pubs within the 16th century castle inside the campus. Every Thursday we had a mandatory full-dress dinner party inside the castle followed by open bar with free beers and wine, with which everyone must give a decent speech (or poem could do) though. The worst speaker would be threw into the moat immediately after voting with his suit/tie on, even in winter when the water tempreture is approaching zero. I got my "luck" several times, were not pretty... :lol:

Wow, what a coincidence indeed :-) which college were you at? I was at pembroke.

lol dude your college in holland sounds heck load of fun :lol: did you do your high school there? I freaking did my high school in China, brutal memories -- had to get up at 6am and finish around 9pm every day, only allowed to have sunday afternoon & evening off, that's my teenage years wasted...

Balliol's hall is open to everyone, but non-college members has to pay a premium to dine there, but it is the one of the few that closes late so it comes handy when you are hungry and have nowhere else to go (it's either that or Hussain's kebab :D).

Not sure about Bo's son being some top 10 chinese youth cr*p though, powerful family's influence goes a long way even in a different country, I wouldn't be surprised if balliol accepted him without a blink.

btw, I just realized there is a "Hussain's kebab van appreciation society" on fb! no joke... Hussain's kebab van appreciation society | Facebook

Oh, pity... I was partially trained by Ox DPhil, and recently received my PhD in economics in Holland. I went thru almost entire Belgian and Dutch edu system ( yeah I have duel nationality and studied in both places) starting at 8 as a kid. I had my high school in Holland btw. Fortunately my college in Holland was the best available here (fresh tab beer is for token money or virtually free in our castle pubs, directly shipped in from Amsterdam Heineken brewery :smitten:) . BTW Many famous Dutch politicians, billionaires and CEOs went to my college...oh, the ex-CEO of Heineken graduated here too. I went thru a programme called "Intensief Doctoraal Programma" ( in English Intensive Doctorate Program) that nicknamed by others as Intensive Drinking Programme only because we just drink way too much every thursday nights :lol:

Though I still have a faint memory of my first 2 years of schooling in Beijing Jinshan School (right next to the Forbidden City): it was quite harsh. My dad told me later that I was ranked #1 in the class and got 2 full scores of 100 points in both Maths and Chinese Literature even I had fever at the day of the final exams.:D But I completely forgot that...sign.

Honestly, I too think Bo's son is cr*p.

On kababs, the UK ones I tried are nothing close to the Dutch ones. The best place serving beef kababs I've ever known is in the center of Utrecht near a Chinese toko! :smitten:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom