What's new

Xi Jinping appointed vice-chairman of Central Military Commission

aimarraul

Reaction score
Xi Jinping appointed vice-chairman of Central Military Commission
Posted on 18 October 2010 by adminPrint

Oct. 18 (China Military News cited from Xinhua) -- Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping has been appointed vice-chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC) of the Communist Party of China (CPC).

The Fifth Plenary Session of the 17th CPC Central Committee announced in a communique at the close of the four-day meeting Monday that the CMC was augmented to include Xi as a vice-chairman.

Xi is also member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee.

Born in 1953, Xi has served in a number of positions related to the armed forces and military reserve affairs during his previous tenures at national and local levels.
xijinping.jpg

He was a military officer in active service when he worked as a secretary at the General Office of the Central Military Commission from 1979 to 1982.

He served as the first political commissar and first secretary of the Party committee of people's armed forces department of Zhengding County, Hebei Province, from 1983 to 1985 when he was the secretary of the county's Party committee.

Xi later served as the first secretary of the sub-military area commands' Party committees of Ningde and Fuzhou, both in Fujian Province, from 1988 to 1993.

From 1996 to 1999, he served as the first political commissar of the anti-aircraft artillery reserve division of Fujian provincial military area command, when he was deputy secretary of the CPC Fujian Provincial Committee.

chinaxijinping.jpg

October 17, 2010 - "BEIJING - China's Communist Party appointed Vice President Xi Jinping to a key military post, cementing his status as heir apparent to president and party chief Hu Jintao and removing much of the uncertainty surrounding the country's leadership succession." "Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping has been appointed vice-chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC) of the Communist Party of China (CPC)." "Xi is also a member of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee."

Appearances do not matter. It is not important whether the President of China is photogenic, possesses average weight, or tall. The only critical issue is whether he can perform the job as President of China.

The President of China is expected to maintain social stability and continue the modernization of China (e.g. infrastructure upgrades, widening social safety net, gradual improvement in personal freedoms, improving living standards, higher levels of general education for the populace, etc.). These are the benchmarks that every President of China is to be judged.

It is frivolous to be concerned with trivial matters, such as the weight of the next President of China. I only care about his competence in domestic and foreign affairs, improving China's technological level, and building a stronger military to prevent any potential military invasions by foreigners (e.g. see CHINA TO RESEARCH ARTEFACTS LOOTED IN ANGLO-FRENCH ATTACK ON SUMMER PALACE IN 1860).

Deng Xiaoping was not a physical specimen. However, he was the most pivotal and crucial leader in China's history. Without Deng Xiaoping, modern China would not exist.

At the end of every Chinese President's administration, the only question that must be answered is: Are the Chinese people better off now? If the answer is clearly "yes" then the President of China did his job.

Last edited:
Appearances do not matter. It is not important whether the President of China is photogenic, possesses average weight, or tall. The only issue that is critical is whether he can perform the job as President of China.

Deng Xiaoping was not a physical specimen. However, he was the most pivotal and crucial leader in China's history. Without Deng Xiaoping, modern China would not exist.

At the end of every Chinese President's administration, the only question that must be answered is: Are the Chinese people better off now? If the answer is clearly "yes" then the President of China did his job.

Good point. :cheers:

Deng Xiaoping was hardly photogenic, yet he was still a fantastic leader.

Being a great leader requires extraordinary capability and vision.

what does he think is less important, point is what does the party think, what does the Central Politburo nine member think.
china say goodbye to Big Brother system long time ago.

Then his appointment is a non-event? Is he a expansionist?

if indians are to think that he should be an expansionist, then fellow chinese and xi jinping himself should try their very hard to make leadership a real expansionist towards south asia in order not to disappoint eager anticipation of indians.

indian funny mindsets and anticipations of xi jinping as an expansionist in fact urges the chinese to fulfill or realize your expectation by qualifying themselves to be more than fitted enemy of india. (process of self-realization of nightmare for india)

BigMoney - Its a question posed to the Chinese poster not my opinion on whether Jingping is expansionist. Its wierd that I got no response when I want to know whats Jingpings views are...How does this amount to 'INDIANS' providing ammunition to the Chinese to be aggresive by fearing them to be so? Im at a loss of words. Is his appintment going to change nothing? Does one persons view who is in a senior role matter nothing? Im confused. This is for the record my question not of India neither does this means Indians are interested in this post or have an opinion.

BigMoney - Its a question posed to the Chinese poster not my opinion on whether Jingping is expansionist. Its wierd that I got no response when I want to know whats Jingpings views are...

Will it stop Indian's from alleging aggression whatever he says? That's not how paranoia works.

Fair enough. Maybe if we list his achievements we can predict what his priorities could be...Im hearing that China wants to bring prosperity to its interiors and also bridge the rich-poor divide; these are very good things for the region. Hopefully, it will also mean a more nuanced Yuan value. But I find atleast the talk is about the right stuff...given the economic downturn in the west and the weakness in USD.

Fair enough. Maybe if we list his achievements we can predict what his priorities could be...Im hearing that China wants to bring prosperity to its interiors and also bridge the rich-poor divide; these are very good things for the region. Hopefully, it will also mean a more nuanced Yuan value. But I find atleast the talk is about the right stuff...given the economic downturn in the west and the weakness in USD.

he is very political and generally doesn't let his view out often(ie neutral) at his most outspoken time he said something like the west needs to stop criticizing china which frankly isnt really an "outburst".

but about the future path of china.

given the meetings and statements from the government in general, the next 5 years plan is focus not on all out economic growth but on more equal wealth distribution

他說擴張主義 我以為包括武裝沖突和邊界擴張 這只是不見硝煙的宣示主權行動 和日本做的一模一樣

你个猪脑,人家后门一松弛你就闻着屁上啊,TG这是扩张主义吗,中国现在声称的领土哪一寸不是因为二战或者建国后的贫弱而丢失的,你这思维模式,也就跟台巴子一个德行,两边都用行动宣示了,那离冲突还远吗?现在部队说的最多的8字警讯是什么:“放弃幻想,准备打仗”

Back
Top Bottom