What's new

Wu Bangguo: China will never have multiparty government

We have an equality oriented democracy. That's to say, our democracy and election system are designed with stability in mind. We also have multiple candidate, freely contested elections. Just that most candidates happen to be CPC. But in the end, democracy is about selecting individuals.

Equality is a concept that may be foreign to some people unfortunately enough to live in a society with 3/10 of the richest people on earth but also more starving people than Africa, and that's just too bad.

I doubt you even know meaning of democracy .

Democracy is

By the people
Off the people
For the people

Three pillar on which a modern democracy stands on are

Is free media(Freedom of expression)
Independent judiciary.
Parliament(actual representatives of people and not a select few, making laws)

So what equivalent pillars does your "quality oriented democracy" encompasses?

Democracy is
By the people
Off the peopleFor the people

Independent judiciary.

Well said my friend. :rofl:

Democracy is

By the people
Off the people
For the people

Independent judiciary.

come back to tell us how good democracy is when your country GDP economics and millitary is over take china other wise you just talk rubbish just like many of your fellow country men period.

I understand and sympathize with your inability to comprehend with the above.

:coffee:Who allows you to define "democracy"?
You may have the right to define "Indian-style Democracy." But you have no right to define "Chinese-style Democracy."

The rules of Chinese-style democracy defined by the Chinese people, not by the Western. That is our rule.
If you do not want to accept it, get out of our country, for example, Google.
If you know how to respect the Chinese people, we can become friends and partners, for example, Baidu.

Indians do not understand our rules, that is normal. Because you have been accustomed to the Western-rules.
I know the Indians and Chinese are not the same.

How Chinese people think the Western-style Democracy? We do not trust the Western-style Democracy. If one politicians to accept Western's help, we will abandon him, we will think he is a traitor. For example, Liu Xiaobo, his political life has finished.
Liu Xiaobo received Western aid, so he will service the West interests, not our interest. We will not trust him.

Why is that so? China has a traditional Ruling Ideology, that is "内圣外王".
That is why most Chinese people do not trust the Western. Because the Western is that "内圣外王"! We are too familiar with the practice of the Western. We have 5,000 years to play "内圣外王".

What is "内圣外王"?
make easy, "内圣" is "protect own citizens, defend their interests", "外王" is "unfair treatment of foreign, implementation imperialism."
内圣外王 - 维基百科,自由的百科全书
So Western-style Democracy is only democracy in the Western people. Other countries democratic, have or have not, the decision by the Western's interests.

Therefore, Chinese people will see "Dictatorship" or "Democracy" as the Western to develop rules of the game.
Britons have rules "The transmission of civilization", use it to colonial the world.
Crusader have rules "Holy war", use it to invasion of the Middle East.
Ancient China also have rules "教化蛮夷", we certainly is not a good neighbor...

So We will not follow the rules of the Western, we will draw up own rules.
Western media can not deceive us. It wants us to do, not necessarily in our interest, just consistent with USA interests.
We will find own way, to develop new rules(Collectivism and pragmatism) of the game, protect our own interests.

In the US at least it's the non-democratic Supreme Court that serves at the last guardian of civil liberty, not the "democratic" congress or president, who can be easily manipulated by "campaign contributions". While China urgently needs a judicial system that is not at the whim of CPC, it does not need the pork barrel politics associated with Western "democracy".

1. Chinese people believe that, Chinese-style Democracy is people-oriented and Prosperous life.
Chinese people believe that the reality and Collectivism, Chinese people believe that prosperous life important than a single vote.
We know Western media hopes that China has a bloody revolution, to terminate the rise of China, but that is impossible.

2. Ordinary Chinese people can become president, but not through the media to get the seat. You have to start from the most junior civil servants, You must through capacity and effort been promoted again and again, So he is definitely not a fool who can be president.
So USA had some good president, for example: Clinton, Bush(old)...and USA also had some bad president, for example(only my opinion): Bush(young), Obama...But the China National policy is very stable. That is the advantage of the Chinese govt.

3. Wall Street can control USA gov through the media.
For example, family planning, state-owned enterprises reform, etc... these policies all can not implemented in the USA. Because selfish media will destroy it all, and USA President also did not dare to do it. But China can do it!

4. Does Hu Jintao have term limits ? Yes, 10 Years.
Does China's rights by one person to master it? No, nine people rule the country together. Hu Jintao's State Rights a lot less than Obama.

5. China will continue to increase democracy politics? Yes, Of course. China's model of democracy will be Nordic. We will continue political reform, never stops.

:coffee:Who allows you to define "democracy"?
You may have the right to define "Indian-style Democracy." But you have no right to define "Chinese-style Democracy."

This is not my definition but definition of democracy itself

Equality of all citizens(every citizens has equal right elect his representative, is equal under the eyes of law and enjoys freedom expression is what is democracy, anything other than this is just something else.

We do not say Western-rule is wrong, we respect it in Western. So they should respect the Chinese-rules in China.
Chinese believe that, the world has not wrong rule, just have different rule.

Why democracy? In order to voting games and television show? No, that in order to freedom.
What is freedom? There are two freedom.
One is the Country Freedom, the most important Country Freedom is trade freedom. Embargo destroy the trade freedom. But the Western just love to do. And Marine hegemony also is a threat to trade freedom.
Another is the Individual Freedom, the most important Individual Freedom is thought freedom. Values and rules freedom. But the Western media can not accept different values and rules.

As for your other questions: Please use the Chinese-rules to rethink.

Chinese-rules:
1# Collectivism, 2# Pragmatism, 3# Non-interference in internal affairs of other countries.

This is not my definition but definition of democracy itself

Equality of all citizens(every citizens has equal right elect his representative, is equal under the eyes of law and enjoys freedom expression is what is democracy, anything other than this is just something else.

Why do you think that this definition is correct? Because it is the Western-rule?
I tell you, the world has not wrong rule, just have different rule.

If you do not know what I mean, I said more simpler:
I tell you, the world has not wrong democracy, just have different democracy.

Living in other people's rules, Indians also believe that is an honor.
Oh, I almost forgot that, Indians also have to be proud of living in “civilization-rules", British “civilization-rules".

Why do you think that this definition is correct? Because it is the Western-rule?
I tell you: the world has not wrong rule, just have different rule.

Every word has a particular meaning/definition..I am not saying Chinese system is good or bad, but its not just democracy, as it does not satisfy the basic principles of democratic rule..no amount of fancy word play can change that.

PS: I never knew China/Chinese were a wannabe democracy or why the obsession to relate with that particular word..just call your self something else(eg Communist), nothing wrong in it.

Every word has a particular meaning/definition..I am not saying Chinese system is good or bad, but its not just democracy, as it does not satisfy the basic principles of democratic rule..no amount of fancy word play can change that.

PS: I never knew China/Chinese were a wannabe democracy or why the obsession to relate with that particular word..just call your self something else(eg Communist), nothing wrong in it.

The problem is not a word, only in the meaning of the word, democracy is no different and communism, all are idealistic. China's understanding of democracy is the practical problem. I'm tired of pointless fighting and some Indians. I hope we take a good discussion.

Back
Top Bottom