What's new

Wu Bangguo: China will never have multiparty government

Let me end it for once and for all.

@all Indian members
China is not a "democracy", and India is a "democracy". But we Chinese are happy with the present China, and we hope you are happy with the present India.

I hope every Indian member will be satisfied with my answer.

yes we are.

not true. remember attack on parliament of India. congress declared that they will support NDA in their decisions. non ruling party keeps check on behavior of ruling party.

A good observation. However, our elections are still plagued with corruption for most power positions and it's best to not let that get to the national level directly. By having councils vote for the next higher level the incentive for corruption is reduced.

lets end this topic.
China will not have multi party government. their nation came under communist rule in 1949. it was weak, unstable. for curing this Mao worked lot. after his death china combined communism and capitalism and china is now factory of world. CCP will not allow multiparty government as they think it will hamper progress of china as parties will lose time over debating vital issues and works will not done on time.

very true. just remember cccp. no one in USSR was able to oppose their wrong decisions because party had all powers. or take example of Qaddafi.

For both countries, not a simple comparison. party system is only one thing for a country's system of governance

very true. just remember cccp. no one in USSR was able to oppose their wrong decisions because party had all powers. or take example of Qaddafi.

CCCP is not 1 person. Gaddafi is 1 person with absolute power. The CCCP collapsed because the soviet union was never 1 country anyways, they invested too much into military and were destabilized by the CIA.

lets end this topic.
China will not have multi party government. their nation came under communist rule in 1949. it was weak, unstable. for curing this Mao worked lot. after his death china combined communism and capitalism and china is now factory of world. CCP will not allow multiparty government as they think it will hamper progress of china as parties will lose time over debating vital issues and works will not done on time.

I personally think that there are several important things that China needs, and multiparty democracy is not one of them.

1.) full nationalization of the military 2.) ending unnecessary censorship, especially the censors deleting negative news about Japan, India and the US and suppressing positive news about our own country 3.) judicial independence and suppression of corruption

Multiparty elections of course do not help with any of those.

CCCP is not 1 person. Gaddafi is 1 person with absolute power. The CCCP collapsed because the soviet union was never 1 country anyways, they invested too much into military and were destabilized by the CIA.

see post number 94.

yes we are.

Then good, because no one is asking you to change what you have.

So let me revise my post to

China is not a "democracy", and India is a "democracy". But we Chinese are happy with the present China, and we know you Indians are happy with the present India.

Since we are all happy with what we have, what is the point of such discussion? Too much time, bandwidth and energy are wasted on this meaningless debate.

lets end this topic.

To be more accurate, it is not just CCP thinks China should stick to the current system. Most Chinese people including me, believe China is better off with the current system.

Steady and gradual reformations are urgently needed, but any reckless overhaul in the current system is not in the interest of China and Chinese people.

maybe at this stage, one party ruling is fine for China. However, I do think there should be more room available for freedom of speech gradually.

maybe at this stage, one party ruling is fine for China. However, I do think there should be more room available for freedom of speech gradually.

There is freedom of speech as long as you do not support terrorism or british colonialism.

Back
Top Bottom