What's new

WS-17

WS-13A is targeted to deliver 100kN in afterburner thrust.

I think 115-120kN is realistic for this engine which would be a generation ahead.

I think Tiger was referring to WS-13E,not WS-17 which is a totally different story。

I could be wrong though。:oops:

Until 2020 for the previous one, and after 2020 for this one.

Despite it's young origin, the Chinese engine industry is catching up quite fast. But why did it take an bit long to mature? Was it the complexity to develop super-alloys needed to develop an heat resistant turbine blade? I though China (and E.Asia in general) were quite advance in Ceramics and have good chemical industries due to heavy industrialization.

What's WS-13E mentioned in the article?

"用户使用VMT80加工了包括用户使用VMT80加工了包括离心叶轮、XX17涡扇航空发动机风扇整体叶盘、某型轴流风机多种型号叶轮、XX13E涡扇航空发动机整体叶盘、某型涡轴航空发动机离心叶轮等多种零件。加工零件均满足设计精度指标要求,通过了用户验收"

What @ChineseTiger1986 's quote above has indicated because of the advancement in machinery (该课题完成了VMT80和VMT100两款4台样机的研制), tools and industrial tech it helps improve the precision in producing contrufugal impellers, fan blades etc

"用户使用VMT80加工了包括用户使用VMT80加工了包括离心叶轮、XX17涡扇航空发动机风扇整体叶盘、某型轴流风机多种型号叶轮、XX13E涡扇航空发动机整体叶盘、某型涡轴航空发动机离心叶轮等多种零件。加工零件均满足设计精度指标要求,通过了用户验收"

What @ChineseTiger1986 's quote above has indicated because of the advancement in machinery (该课题完成了VMT80和VMT100两款4台样机的研制), tools and industrial tech it helps improve the precision in producing contrufugal impellers, fan blades etc

China recently mastered 7 axis tools in advance machinery and used in Submarine construction. So what you said is probable!

Back
Top Bottom