What's new

WS-13 engine

salman77

Reaction score
WS-13 engine specifications:

1.It uses solid titanium alloy fan blades.
2.It has a digital authority control system.
3.It has a thrust of about 7.8.
4.It's length is about 4.14 metres.
5.It's diameter is about 1.02 metres.
6.Dry weight of the WS-13 is about 1,135 kg.
7.Maximum thrust of the engine is about is about 86.37 kn.
8.Cruise thrust is about 51.2 kn.
9.Needs an overhaul for every 810 hours.
10.Total life of the engine is about 2200 hours.

http://cimg2.163.com/cnews/2006/12/31/2006123109395422f1b.jpg

no this is futur engine of jf 17

you see this is why neither pakistan or china is making a fuss about all this rd-93 business, as usual only india. eitherway jf-17 will fly in PAF.

you see this is why neither pakistan or china is making a fuss about all this rd-93 business, as usual only india. eitherway jf-17 will fly in PAF.

So? Obviously Pakistan cannot make a fuss about it because they cannot do anything about it. India and China have been buying Russian military equipment for a very long.time, and neither oppose any equipment sold to the other. Thus China cannot do anything as India does not do anything against Chinese military getting equipment. The problem is Pakistan. Obviously JF-17 will fly with or without RD-33. But the point is, not giving that engine, will knock JF-17 off for atleast 5 years, till the time China matures its own engine. And that is what counts.
I hope i have made everything abundantly clear.

So? Obviously Pakistan cannot make a fuss about it because they cannot do anything about it. India and China have been buying Russian military equipment for a very long.time, and neither oppose any equipment sold to the other. Thus China cannot do anything as India does not do anything against Chinese military getting equipment. The problem is Pakistan. Obviously JF-17 will fly with or without RD-33. But the point is, not giving that engine, will knock JF-17 off for atleast 5 years, till the time China matures its own engine. And that is what counts.

My own take is that Pakistan and China will get around this issue. There are engines already in China and if Pakistan really pushes for it, Chinese will send the aircraft over notwithstanding Russian objections (which again will be muted and half hearted given the minor significance of the issue). In any case, the RD-93 was a short term solution (after the engines reach EoL, they woudl have been replaced by WS-13 in any case). So its going to be a matter of hurrying things up wrt WS-13 and ensuring that teething problems would have to be dealt with in service.

Pakistan and China have not come this far to give up and throw in the towel with regards to the JF-17.

Pakistan and China have not come this far to give up and throw in the towel with regards to the JF-17.
Yes mate, ofcourse such a small issue cannot make Pak-China throw in the towel. But the issue is significant enough to cause a proper delay in its time schedule, which is basically what I think the govt wants.
Also, i donot think that China would be able to export the engines without Russia's permission no matter what. It simply wont be able to. It might yet get Russia to agree to the sale, but it cant export withour Russian consent.

Yes mate, ofcourse such a small issue cannot make Pak-China throw in the towel. But the issue is significant enough to cause a proper delay in its time schedule, which is basically what I think the govt wants.
Also, i donot think that China would be able to export the engines without Russia's permission no matter what. It simply wont be able to. It might yet get Russia to agree to the sale, but it cant export withour Russian consent.

Now this is what I would consider speculation. There has been no comment from either China or Pakistan. Typically both of these countries work silently on solutions and my own gut feeling is that they already had a way around this problem thus no drastic reaction from any of the official quarters. Secondly there is no evidence that the delay in induction has altered the schedule.

On the Russian re-export consent, lets not kid ourselves here. There is a vast precedence of Chinese doing exactly that. If Russian assurances make you feel good, believe it. Reality may even be that the Russians are actively helping the Chinese on WS-13 in lieu of the tough talk on the RD-93s.

Reality may even be that the Russians are actively helping the Chinese on WS-13 in lieu of the tough talk on the RD-93s.

That is VERY believable mate. But i would still say China can sell the reverse-engineered Russian equipment, but it cannot sell Russian equipment directly for use on a large scale to Pakistan. What China can do and has done in the past is that it can provide say some engines for studying etc, reverse engineering, but China cannot send engines for Pakistan on such a public issue.

i think we must to talk with turkey to also help us foe ws-13 engine improvement

turkey dnt have experiance in jet engine manufacturing

And the engine is ready..it just need sometime to get mature.

JFT in 2010 march had taxi trials with ws-13 and first flight in 2011 jan.

SO the engine is ready with the higher thrust then before

bt need time to mature..atleast 2 years

and now we also dnt need it because russia has displayed a higher thrust rd-93 for JFT in zhuhai airshow with max thrust till 98KN.

so we are nt in hurry for Ws-13

Knock JF-17 off for 5 years?

What world you living in, kid?

There is a reason why PAF purchased the first 100 engines and got them delivered to China/Pakistan, way before the first JF-17 went into serial production. At that time Musharraf himself talked to Putin, and they agreed that As long as Pakistan/China don't export planes with RD-93/33 to other nations, it is fine. The RD-93 bureau wanted cash, and PAF paid upfront. Why would they scuttle a deal because of India?

Just like Brazil didn't give a damn and sold the MARs to PAF.

The fact is, JF-17s are flying in high colors, with more on the way.

No point in bringing "what the past could have done" to this thread.

India desperate to scuttle Defense deals, from France, Germany, Russia to Brazil, for Pakistan, shows how much confidence they have in their own forces.

Post something if you know about the developments of WS-13.

Knock JF-17 off for 5 years?

What world you living in, kid?

There is a reason why PAF purchased the first 100 engines and got them delivered to China/Pakistan, way before the first JF-17 went into serial production. At that time Musharraf himself talked to Putin, and they agreed that As long as Pakistan/China don't export planes with RD-93/33 to other nations, it is fine. The RD-93 bureau wanted cash, and PAF paid upfront. Why would they scuttle a deal because of India?

Just like Brazil didn't give a damn and sold the MARs to PAF.

The fact is, JF-17s are flying in high colors, with more on the way.

No point in bringing "what the past could have done" to this thread.

India desperate to scuttle Defense deals, from France, Germany, Russia to Brazil, for Pakistan, shows how much confidence they have in their own forces.

Post something if you know about the developments of WS-13.

This proves Russia values China more than India. India cant even block a small RD-93 re export to Pakistan despite being Russia long time ally and largest buyer of their arms.

It was even humilitate further when Putin personally ink the deal of re export RD-93 to Pakistan to quash any India rumour RD-93 cannot be re-export by China to other countries.

That was a moment India hope to forgot...

Back
Top Bottom