What's new

WS-10 being largely deployed and WS-15 increasing the number of flights

ChineseTiger1986

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
近年来,随着重点型号发动机装备部队数量的逐渐扩大,以及新型发动机飞行检验任务的与日俱增,动力所的外场技术服务保障工作始终处于多型号、多任务、超常规、超预期的繁忙状态。外场技术服务保障团队不断刷新着自己创造的纪录:2011年的飞行架次和时数超越了以往的总和;现场服务保障人员的投入从2010年的8980人日增加到2011年的9852人日。外场技术服务保障团队成员年复一年离乡背井、夜以继日的辛勤努力,换来了外场保障工作不断取得新进步。

The highlighted words mean the largely deployed number of the common important engine (WS-10), and the increasing test flights of the new engine (WS-15).

The source is from China's official aviation news website. :coffee:

?????

近年来,随着重点型号发动机装备部队数量的逐渐扩大,以及新型发动机飞行检验任务的与日俱增,动力所的外场技术服务保障工作始终处于多型号、多任务、超常规、超预期的繁忙状态。外场技术服务保障团队不断刷新着自己创造的纪录:2011年的飞行架次和时数超越了以往的总和;现场服务保障人员的投入从2010年的8980人日增加到2011年的9852人日。外场技术服务保障团队成员年复一年离乡背井、夜以继日的辛勤努力,换来了外场保障工作不断取得新进步。

The highlighted words mean the largely deployed number of the common important engine (WS-10), and the increasing test flights of the new engine (WS-15).

The source is from China's official aviation news website. :coffee:

?????
It doesn't mention anything about the WS-15. Where did you get that particular information, or are you just speculating?

It doesn't mention anything about the WS-15. Where did you get that particular information, or are you just speculating?
lol now you get a taste of CCP style of leacking infos, so basically there are only three (officially acknowledged) types of engines for fighter jets in development, WS-10, WS-15 and WS-13, and the article mentioned one is mass produced for current deployment and one is under ever increasing rigid testing so it can only be WS-10 and Ws-15...the reason I exclude WS-13 is that the article hinted those are for PLA's own usage.

i know u guys take great satisfaction to bash india to pamper ur ego, BTW kaveri maynot be operational but atleast it didnot exploded in midair like
WS -10 in a test mule Su-27 in 2004
smiley-laughing024.gif

ws10explodinginmidair.jpg

Alternate Wars » The Truth about the WS-10

So caus a WS-10 exploded 8 years ago China should just rollover and give up?
Allot of people would take this as a sign that China is pushing its industrial base to the max. Instead of relying on foreign suppliers something India can't claim.

Now it seems that everything has strongly pointed towards WS-15 as the silver nozzled engine of J-20, while J-10B uses a golden nozzled variant of WS-10 which can also be either WS-10BIII or WS-10G. :coffee:

Now it seems that everything has strongly pointed towards WS-15 as the silver nozzled engine of J-20, while J-10B uses a golden nozzled variant of WS-10 which can also be either WS-10BIII or WS-10G. :coffee:

I'm pretty sure the one on the J-20 prototype is the WS-10G; it is not safe to test a prototype on another prototype.

Great news... Any update on WS-13?

The insiders have mentioned before, it is going to be operational around the time frame of 2012-2013.

BTW, this report only mentioned about PLAAF's indigenous engines which are WS-10 and WS-15, since WS-13 is a joint project with Pakistan.

The insiders have mentioned before, it is going to be operational around the time frame of 2012-2013.

BTW, this report only mentioned about PLAAF's indigenous engine which are WS-10 and WS-15, since WS-13 is a joint project with Pakistan.

What version exactly?

Ws-13A or B?

I read the B variant can have as much as 100 KN of thrust. & There are rumors that the A version already tested and passed evaluation.

What version exactly?

Ws-13A or B?

I read the B variant can have as much as 100 KN of thrust. & There are rumors that the A version already tested and passed evaluation.

I haven't heard anything about WS-13B, the variant they mentioned so far is WS-10A which is already 100kN in the afterburner thurst.

I haven't heard anything about WS-13B, the variant they mentioned so far is WS-10A which is already 100kN in the afterburner thurst.

Yeah, there is no B.. its just

Ws-13 (86 KN afterburner) and Ws-13 upgraded (100 KN afterburner)

When i said B i was referring to the upgraded version.

Yeah, there is no B.. its just

Ws-13 (86 KN afterburner) and Ws-13 upgraded (100 KN afterburner)

When i said B i was referring to the upgraded version.

BTW, WS-13A variant (100kN) is already the upgrade version of the primitive WS-13 variant (86kN).

If there is a WS-10B, then its thrust must be even higher.

BTW, this report only mentioned about PLAAF's indigenous engines which are WS-10 and WS-15, since WS-13 is a joint project with Pakistan.
The WS-18 is also slated to be mature around this same timeframe, although it's a copy of the D-30KP2 rather than wholly indigenous. Also, the WS-18 has been flight testing since 2009 and is supposed to either be on the initial test versions of the Y-20 or at the latest the production version. Assuming this report is legitimate, cannot be sure because there have been similar announcements that turned out to be false, I think it's more likely they are talking about the WS-18. Almost all WS-15 news to date has been speculations by various people and to my knowledge, there is no official confirmation about it's actual status. Whereas, the WS-18 has been officially acknowledged as being in flight tests since 2009 on the H-6K and officially declared to be a future engine choice of the Y-20. The Y-20 will take first flight sometime between 2012-2014.

Back
Top Bottom