What's new

Would the World Be Safer Without Religion?

Are you sure Japan is Atheist/Non-religious? As per various internet sources, 70-80% of Japan population is Buddhists.

East Asians tend to be "Cultural Buddhists". Because Buddhism is such an inherent part of East Asian culture.

So we can identify as Atheist or Buddhist at the same time.

East Asians tend to be "Cultural Buddhists". Because Buddhism is such an inherent part of East Asian culture.

What about Confucianism, Taoism and Shinto. Do you see people still practicing these religions in the East? Or are they more of philosophies? I remember reading about them in my history books.

all vedic origin religion Hinduism , Buddhism , Jainism , are Cultures which can identify Atheist as well as part of Religion .

What about Confucianism, Taoism and Shinto. Do you see people still practicing these religions in the East? Or are they more of philosophies? I remember reading about them in my history books.

It is really a combination of all of them.

My family still practices "Ancestor worship" during times like the Qingming Festival. Confucianism is really a lot about good morals and etiquette.

My parents are both Buddhists, so they venerate Buddhist deities as well.

Out of the many Gods, they are split between Buddhism and Taoism. Two of the most popular are Guanyin and Mazu (Tianhou). The first is a Buddhist Goddess (technically a Bodhisattva but anyway), and the second is a Taoist Goddess/Deity.

as long as we can accept that ppl of other religions will exist and practice their religion no matter what, religion is ok.

the problem arises when one religion proclaims that they are superior and the other religions have no right to exist.

basically eastern people are not that religious , they comparatively , culturally more inclined towards atheism.

Yes, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore are all with majority Atheist, all are Confucian-influenced area.
They think that religion is a very personal problem, I am a Atheist too, there are only 7-8 Christian(including my mother and my grandmother, they together at night of Monday, Wednesday, Sunday) in my village(about 400 people), but they only take together as a party only sing song or read bible, hardly can be called sincere.

Religion take a very little part in these areas, Confucian is main role in all the peoples thinking and manner even it's not a Religion and has nothing god, only a teacher and act manner .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom