What's new

Would conversion of C-130 into REK bomb truck help PAF strategic bombing?

A better solution would be to turn a C-130 into a flying drone platform. It depends on how large the drones are, but they could easily overwhelm what appears to be a struggling air defense system in India into complete chaos if hundreds of drones can be launched. Those drones would likely be ground support aircraft or if possible, jammers. India's ability to protect it's air communications looks like a significant weakness in their defense
We have few of them, and main job of C-130 is transport, if they will be destroyed what for transport left for Pakistan in war @zn426

We have few of them, and main job of C-130 is transport, if they will be destroyed what for transport left for Pakistan in war @zn426
I mean, you could probably make a ground launched REK with booster that detaches at 30000 feet and glides to target like the ground launched SDB.

I don't know if LD-10 is in service as ARM with PAF for JF-17.
i am not sure whether its LD-10 or some other Chinese ARM but surely we used Chinese ARM for JF-17, i read this on JF-17 thread sir

I don't understand how people come up with these kind of 'strategies'... but then.

As people have already said : USAF have absolute air-supremacy in Afghanistan, so they can use transport aircrafts as C-130 to drop massive ordinances like MOAB.

Now if Pakistan were to try similar they will run into many issues.

1. Any transport aircraft is a vital resource and scarce.

2. A aircraft like C-130 is HUGE (goes without saying). Indian AWACS will be able to see it from literally 300-400 KM away. Also a missile like R-77 with kinematic characteristics to work against an agile platform like a fighter jet will have a cakewalk against C-130, heck even BEYOND its advertised range of 60-80 KM. I dare say, it will go and hit it 150 KM far, simply because C-130 cann't maneuver and will provide a big target for R-77 to lock onto it. These missiles do not just disappear. They bleed away kinetic energy. A plane like C-130 cann't maneuver so it cann't make a missile bleed energy.

3. India from the look of it, has acquired R-27-R1/ER1. This missile has a range of 130KM. Against most likely a maneuvering target. Again, same argument as R-77 apply. You will lose your transport.

https://www.janes.com/article/90192...ssia-for-1-000-additional-air-to-air-missiles

So if I were someone making strategies for PAF, I will do what PAF does: Keep your assets like C-130, AWACS, Tankers away from enemy fire. They are support aircrafts and force multipliers for a reason.

i am not sure whether its LD-10 or some other Chinese ARM but surely we used Chinese ARM for JF-17, i read this on JF-17 thread sir
I'm not disagreeing. LD-10 was mentioned for deliveries. There is CM-102 also. I haven't seen integration.

I'm not disagreeing. LD-10 was mentioned for deliveries. There is CM-102 also. I haven't seen integration.
i don't know sir whether it is integrated or not, i read this information few months back so i can't remember whether it is integrated or not :angel:

then its has worst range, as compare to air launch version because of excess drag of thick atmosphere at lower altitudes @Philip the Arab
Actually the ground launched SDB has 150km range.

https://saab.com/land/weapon-system...-systems/ground-launched-small-diameter-bomb/

I don't understand how people come up with these kind of 'strategies'... but then.

As people have already said : USAF have absolute air-supremacy in Afghanistan, so they can use transport aircrafts as C-130 to drop massive ordinances like MOAB.

Now if Pakistan were to try similar they will run into many issues.

1. Any transport aircraft is a vital resource and scarce.

2. A aircraft like C-130 is HUGE (goes without saying). Indian AWACS will be able to see it from literally 300-400 KM away. Also a missile like R-77 with kinematic characteristics to work against an agile platform like a fighter jet will have a cakewalk against C-130, heck even BEYOND its advertised range of 60-80 KM. I dare say, it will go and hit it 150 KM far, simply because C-130 cann't maneuver and will provide a big target for R-77 to lock onto it. These missiles do not just disappear. They bleed away kinetic energy. A plane like C-130 cann't maneuver so it cann't make a missile bleed energy.

3. India from the look of it, has acquired R-27-R1/ER1. This missile has a range of 130KM. Against most likely a maneuvering target. Again, same argument as R-77 apply. You will lose your transport.

https://www.janes.com/article/90192...ssia-for-1-000-additional-air-to-air-missiles

So if I were someone making strategies for PAF, I will do what PAF does: Keep your assets like C-130, AWACS, Tankers away from enemy fire. They are support aircrafts and force multipliers for a reason.
I mean you could probably integrate a few cruise missiles with 500km range onto a C-130. This would surely be out of range of any SAM/A2A missile.

Actually the ground launched SDB has 150km range.

https://saab.com/land/weapon-system...-systems/ground-launched-small-diameter-bomb/

I mean you could probably integrate a few cruise missiles with 500km range onto a C-130. This would surely be out of range of any SAM/A2A missile.
We have no such technology and $$$ to develop such kind of weapons, and the article said its uses 6 rocket boosters to get SDB to higher elevation for less drag extend its range even China haven't develop such kind of weapon for its use @Philip the Arab

If I were to hit India with ALCMs, I can mount them on say F-16 or Mirages or Chinese aircrafts that you have. I will send a attack package of few F-16s with cruise missiles/glide bombs. So instead of 1 low maneuvering and hard to replace large platform, they have many small platform to target.

If I were to hit India with a MASSIVE force, I will just use Land based cruise missile or ballistic missile.

Come think of, isn't that what PAF did on 27th? Send a attack package of several fighters / fighter-bombers carrying ground attack ordinances and air to air missiles. It worked!

IMHO, C-130 is extraneous in this equation.

Why we put CMs on C-130, strike jets are swift and will reach near to to border at low altitude to avoid radar detection then launch CMs in different directions to reach deep inside enemy territories, ths C-130 can't able to do that, for India and Pakistan scenario S-300 radar range well in the 250-300 km within Pakistan, that means C-130 could able to launch CMs from Baluchistan province (western province that's border with Iran) then CMs has to travel 250-300 km within Pakistani air space then its able to go in Indian territories with in the range of 150-200 km, that's not deep enough to deter main military installation like command control centers/ air bases/supply depots etc etc

If I were to hit India with ALCMs, I can mount them on say F-16 or Mirages or Chinese aircrafts that you have. I will send a attack package of few F-16s with cruise missiles/glide bombs. So instead of 1 low maneuvering and hard to replace large platform, they have many small platform to target.

If I were to hit India with a MASSIVE force, I will just use Land based cruise missile or ballistic missile.

Come think of, isn't that what PAF did on 27th? Send a attack package of several fighters / fighter-bombers carrying ground attack ordinances and air to air missiles. It worked!

IMHO, C-130 is extraneous in this equation.
Integrating weapons on
Why we put CMs on C-130, strike jets are swift and will reach near to to border at low altitude to avoid radar detection then launch CMs in different directions to reach deep inside enemy territories, ths C-130 can't able to do that, for India and Pakistan scenario S-300 radar range well in the 250-300 km within Pakistan, that means C-130 could able to launch CMs from Baluchistan province (western province that's border with Iran) then CMs has to travel 250-300 km within Pakistani air space then its able to go in Indian territories with in the range of 150-200 km, that's not deep enough to deter main military installation like command control centers/ air bases/supply depots etc etc
Only jet that has CMs is Mirage right? F-16 is hard to integrate indigenous weapons and JF-17 can't carry Ra'ad.

Back
Top Bottom