What's new

Would any second hand aircraft help PAF in its modernization?

than why airforce go for Mig 29

Its less capable then F-16, if we buy them, it would be another headache for us, for establishing training units, pilot training, building assembly and too many things and indian lobby also, better is that we should stick onto chinese jets, J-10b!!

second hand Mirages 2000s are possible but Mig29 is not even PAF's requirement. there may be a very little chance of getting F15C/D from RSAF but I think that PAF will prefer J11BS(with western Avionics) over old US made jets.

Iremember that F15s have recently been grounded for fear of structural damage. Also, If my memory serves me right,(some senior member may correct me)PAf was offered a squadren of f15s along with E2hawkeyes. PAF was interested in E3sentries and not in f15s.
So in short our eyes will only be on F16s as used aircrafts. We will go on and buy J10 FC20s and thunder.
Araz

Yep, spares will be huge problem with F15 in time of sanctions as it is operated by Israel, SA and US only where as F16 is operated by several nations.

Look point blank simple! Mirage 2000's is a good choice of we can get our hands around it from UAE or France it self! j-11's perhaps is a good choice to get our hands around from China if we can furthermore, getting some more f-7pg's would help i think you see again again it comes down to funds and wats happening in our countries politcal arena so with these times i think sticking with jf-17's prog ,j-10's ,new f-16's and some more
f7-pg's also trying for j-11's and perhaps try to get some second hand mirage 2000's will do for now until the countries major prob's are solved and more funding is there for PAF just my thought.

In my opinion yes, and it would appear, so do the Armed Forces.

The 4 IL-76/8 tankers that have been ordered from the Ukraine I believe are used.

In addition to this, you have the intended procurement of the KC-135 from the US in order to offer a refueling platform for the F-16.

It would be a wise move to also try and get as many excess C-130s as possible to replace the 1960/70s vintage C-130s used by the PAF.

The navy and army seem to be following too with requests for Cobra Heli and P-3/Hawkeye. A good idea as we are on the frontline of the "War on Terror" :frown:.

If possible, the PAF should also try and secure some more F-16s through the EDA program as it has done. These frames would have relatively low hours/cycles when compared to the PAF fleet, would have been better maintained and would boost PAF capability significantly.

Regards

I still feel you should take the ToT route like in JF-17 and try to do with Chineese more. They are going to be with you for another 50 years min.

Hi,

In defence procurements, there are a couple of issues at hand. Is this going ot be a regular purchase or do you want it urgent.

A good example of urgent is when PAF took flight to china to get the F 7 PG's---another wonderful example is when indian army forund out that it doesnot have enough 155 mm ammo to fight the skirmish at kargil and they had to take a flight to israel / so africa to fulfill their need.

While it is easier to fulfill an order of 155 mm cannon shells in a few days---it is not easy to get your hands on a strike aircraft just like that---. That is why there is a saying---if you want a battle ship---you need to plan 10 years ahead of time---you simply cannot build and float a battle ship the day you go to war. PAF is in a tight corner---truthfully they may not have anything available now to counter the threat they are going to face today.

My thinking is----there is nothing available to pakistan today---we are stuck with whatever is in the pipeline and heed to the suggestion that my good buddy ROADRUNNER made to me one time----take it up the as s with a smile on your face.:enjoy:

Iremember that F15s have recently been grounded for fear of structural damage. Also, If my memory serves me right,(some senior member may correct me)PAf was offered a squadren of f15s along with E2hawkeyes. PAF was interested in E3sentries and not in f15s.
So in short our eyes will only be on F16s as used aircrafts. We will go on and buy J10 FC20s and thunder.
Araz

'
Hi Araz,

Only some of the older F 15 have been grounded---the structual damage was due to a certain part which did meet the minimum strength but was not thick enough---those planes are gone---the usaf pilots have put the F 15's through their paces----it is no surprises that some of them have structural failures---pliot egos---high quality G suits allowing the pilot to take max number of G's---fully loaded plane with all weapons on hard points---enough centrifugal force to tear up a plane---we have had that issue with some of our mirage planes as well.

@Keysersoze
i didnt know that capital letters were not allowed....niether did i contiously types in capital letters.
regards

f7-pg's also trying for j-11's and perhaps try to get some second hand mirage 2000's will do for now until the countries major prob's are solved and more funding is there for PAF just my thought.

More F-7PG? Welcome back to the 1990s PAF! :lol:
We already know Mirage 2000 won't happen, ex-PAF pilots have told us. Why would PAF want Mirage 2000 when the French are already offering Mirage 2000/Rafale level radars, HMD, EW/jammer suites, weaponry and more for J-10 and even engines as well for JF?

First you say funding is a problem, then you say PAF should try to get J-11? Make your mind up :crazy:

Last edited:
Salaams

I was wondering whether there are any good second hand aircraft which can be bought by PAF to enhance its capabilities in any role.
Both fighters and non fighter aircraft can be considered.

I know that there are many who disagree with this strategy but in light of modernization of air forces all over the world i feel that some worthwhile planes may also be grounded/decommissioned and with some good bargaining skills, maybe PAF can make a value deal out of this development.

Following questions also need to be answered for any particular choice of aircraft.

1) What numbers are available and can the second hand aircraft be actually acquired by Pakistan or will economic/political issues be too much to handle?

2) In what role can the aircraft add real value to PAF?

3) What will be the additional impact in terms of maintenance/repair/support of the aircraft in case it is purchased?

Do share your views in an organized manner, looking forward to some interesting ideas!
Many thanks.

only viable way is to buy 2nd-hand f-16s from all around the world ; whatever numbers you can , however you can ... :pakistan:

Great u just dug out a dead thread from 09..
because mods don't allow new threads. they say it has been discussed already etc

1wJXE.gif

Back
Top Bottom