What's new

World's THIRD LARGEST AIRFORCE! *Pictures*

Lol! You miserably tried to explain something (with a failed attempt at being sarcastic) no one asked you anything about. You also Failed to understand some basic "Sarcasm" in my first post. You could use a dosage of English Comprehension JUST about now.

You are exerting too much of a pressure, what do you expect:P

WHEW!!!! Thanks AM for taking out the trash!!!!:enjoy:

I've been there. Davis-Monthan AFB ( Yes! it is in fact an Air Force Base!!) is one amazing place Here is the link and some history. When I was there, they were re-building a B-36 Peacemaker for a museum somewhere..

http://www.dm.af.mil/units/amarc.asp

"Immediately after World War II, the Army's San Antonio Air Technical Service Command established a storage facility for B-29 and C-47 aircraft at Davis-Monthan AFB. Today, this facility is the Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group(AMARG), which has grown to include more than 4,200 aircraft and 40 aerospace vehicles from the Air Force, Navy-Marine Corps, Army, Coast Guard, and several federal agencies including NASA. With an original purchase price of more than $33 billion, this aerospace fleet provides a unique savings account from which military units throughout the world may withdraw parts and aircraft. The government earns additional income by selling aircraft to our allies."

I highlighted the "selling" part as tongue in cheek!! heh!

You know the funny thing is, I had guessed 4,000 aircraft without even any background information!

You know the funny thing is, I had guessed 4,000 aircraft without even any background information!

heh! guess who I'll call when my crystal ball goes fuzzy!

They also have several LARGE climate controlled warehouses for the electronics etc. they take off the aircraft before storing the shell. The dry desert is perfect for that - NO humidity at all.

Back
Top Bottom