What's new

World's First Computer Virus Was Created By Pakistanis

I remember back when we were kids, my Indian computer teacher used to tell us - Pakistani brain virus can come into your PC through the air.

Nonsense.

Then there was Michelangelo virus which used to infect PCs on a particular date of the year. Again same nonsense it will come into your PC through the air.

Solution? Shut down your PC on that day.

apparently wrong..first Theoretical Virus was created by John von Neumann and credit of original creation of a virus on computer goes to Veith Risak.what Farooq Alvi Brothers created is world's first boot sector virus..change the heading of the thread..

We r talking abt first virus ever here n its widely accepted too ie in january 1986 n was detected in september 86.

This video is itself a testimony of the world's first virus was Brain.

What u r talking abt is how people after him made their own version using different types of OS.

We r talking abt first virus ever here n its widely accepted too ie in january 1986 n was detected in september 86.

What u r talking abt is how people after him made their own version using different types of OS.

no it was First MS DOS boot virus.....not first virus.,

no it was First MS DOS boot virus.....not first virus.,

Stupid in 86 it was only DOS that was available then on those vintage analog computers.

But like they said they didnt made another after that because now a days people use this idea for criminal gains.

That was not their intention then.

Like they said if they would not had created it then it would have been someone else as people have that craze to explore new n different things.

This concept n this thing now called virus was first introduced by them n its accepted all around the world.

why why they make millions suffer

no bro, watch this video n what the anchor says abt them.

They didnt made for any evil use or to encourage that, they had even left their address, phone numbers and name in the virus's source codes.
And they r not ever sued for it nor did they made another virus after that.

Its just how people started using it for their personal gains.read post#13 and post#15 for more info.

Really an achivement! You Pakistani's (for good cause, securing a pharma company's data) invented virus and gave whole world a lesson how a sophisticated tech. can suck!
:tup:
Do you know who invented email?

I don't care about this video..but Brain is first IBM pc boot sector virus,neither "First Virus",nor "First Virus Ever",not even "First Infector Virus" and First "PC Virus"(which is Elk Cloner,created in 1981,that virus is actually first virus that built not for doing scientific research)..and even Creeper Virus was created atleast 15 years ago before this and first Mobile(not phone,virus with infecting other computers via ARPANET,grandfather of Internet) Virus,then there was Reaper Virus,some called it world's first Computer Worm..got it..if you don't like to believe it,read it(most common source of info,Wiki :lol:)....

Computer virus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

by the way,I'm not underestimating their achievement,but as I'm an enthusiast of Computer Virus,I hate wild claims...

and another thing,at first,"Virus" wasn't used for harming others but actually to perform various type of application and scientific research,but that doesn't discard them as "Computer Virus"..

I don't care about this video..but Brain is first IBM pc boot sector virus,neither "First Virus",nor "First Virus Ever",not even "First Infector Virus" and First "PC Virus"(which is Elk Cloner,created in 1981,that virus is actually first virus that built not for doing scientific research)..and even Creeper Virus was created atleast 15 years ago before this and first Mobile(not phone,virus with infecting other computers via ARPANET,grandfather of Internet) Virus,then there was Reaper Virus,some called it world's first Computer Worm..got it..if you don't like to believe it,read it(most common source of info,Wiki :lol:)....

Computer virus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

by the way,I'm not underestimating their achievement,but as I'm an enthusiast of Computer Virus,I hate wild claims...

and another thing,at first,"Virus" wasn't used for harming others but actually to perform various type of application and scientific research,but that doesn't discard them as "Computer Virus"..

LOL anything creative from Pak n this is yr answer LOL.

Buzz OFF kiddo.

LOL anything creative from Pak n this is yr answer LOL.

Buzz OFF kiddo.

see..I post with logic,you replied with ignorance..I already said that thats a great achievement,but I hate wild claims..now,if you don't want to know the truth and want to be happy by embracing lie,you're welcome..why don't you quote something more logical than this next time??

by the way,read this..(I know it'll be hard for you as you have to know more than little to understand few technical terms,but aileast try it)..

6 Computer Viruses That Changed The World

and one advice,youtube is flooding with videos that has little basis.If you want to learn something related to computer,various technical site/books is the best way,noy youtube.. :tup:

see..I post with logic,you replied with ignorance..I already said that thats a great achievement,but I hate wild claims..now,if you don't want to know the truth and want to be happy by embracing lie,you're welcome..why don't you quote something more logical than this next time??

by the way,read this..(I know it'll be hard for you as you have to know more than little to understand few technical terms,but aileast try it)..

6 Computer Viruses That Changed The World

and one advice,youtube is flooding with videos that has little basis.If you want to learn something related to computer,various technical site/books is the best way,noy youtube.. :tup:
Dude this video was not shared by us but a foreign member with a Finland's based guy n working for a well known company there. I think we will take their word serious then yr wild guesses n claims.

Dude this video was not shared by us but a foreign member with a Finland's based guy n working for a well known company there. I think we will take their word serious then yr wild guesses n claims.

I know..his name was Mikko Hyppönen.and he was from F-Secure(computer anti Virus company).do you want his own video???I can post that too..and only after his visit,this interview was arranged(I read it somewhere)..

but that doesn't changed the truth..either that guy missed a phrase or two or he is moron..World's first pc virus is Elk Cloner based on Apple-II..and thats not only me..I posted all the info you need..read it and get educated..I don't need wild guesses to establish this fact..

read this...

"Elk Cloner is one of the first known microcomputer viruses that spread "in the wild," i.e., outside the computer system or lab in which it was written.[1][2][3][4] It attached itself to Apple DOS 3.3 operating system and spread by floppy disk. It was written around 1982 by a 15-year-old high school student named Rich Skrenta."

Elk Cloner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The first computer virus was designed for an Apple computer, by a 15 year old | Quick Heal blog (Quick Heal Antivirus)

Computer Virus Timeline | Infoplease.com

Virus History Summary

Timeline of computer viruses and worms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

and this is the guy..

Rich_Skrenta.jpg

and this is his interview..

The 30-year-old prank that became the first computer virus ? The Register

None but some gossip site with noob editors and few Youtube videos posted claimed Brain as first Computer Virus(seriously???).everyone else gave dateline of known computer virus..I have no intention to fight with you on this topic..but no avail..read it or don't bother to quote..

Back
Top Bottom