What's new

World's best Special-Forces...

I was talking more so about recent times, the SAS may have been better than their US counterparts all the way upto the end of the 20th century, however the enormous budget that the US has and cutting edge military technology at their disposal (See the stealth blackhawk in OBL raid) and the enormous pool of manpower at their disposal, I cannot see the SAS being superior to them, besides in the last 30 odd years I am pretty certain they have been involved in more conflicts than the Brits, it is true during the first gulf war the US was skeptical about the capabilities of special ops but having observed the Brits in desert storm, gen Schwarzkopf went out of his way to enhance the US spec ops capabilities. Btw I have talked to members of Pak military who regard the SAS very highly but not more so than US spec ops.kudos NB I have a feeling we will have to agree to disagree.

Then we will agree to disagree on this one.:enjoy:

@MaarKhoor , why does the list not have syrian units or the wartime-constituted "khamis brigade" of libya??
@jamahir In the case of the Syrians, they do have a very experienced spetsnaz trained force, though I would not regard them as being as capable as say the SSG of Pakistan, as for the Libyans (khamis brigade) they simply did not posses the discipline or skill to be merited a place on this list, during the thawing of relations between the brits and the libyans their was a marked increase in security cooperation, the Libyans suggested this khamis brigade run by the Colonel's son Khamis get trained by the SAS, the brits were initially skeptical never the less they finally agreed to let ex SAS contracrs impart the training, a batch of troops was sent from Libya and according to the brits, none of them even managed to pass the preliminary tests, they just did not have the soldiering skills or the discipline to operate at the level of a professional spec ops soldeir.kudos

Why not put the FBI's HRT in the list too?

How many lives has the HRT saved outside America?

And this is not a jeer at TechnoGaiaGal! We are doing the apples and oranges thing here!
Maarkhoor offered his choice and backed it with various elements as forte of his faves.
But these units have different work and mission profiles. Seals equals roughly Commandos
Marines and yet we gave Delta Force here and GIGN tough incomparable by means or status.
Comparison is not reason anyway.

Maybe one of those complaining should compile a list by trade with police vs police, SF vs SF
and of course Spy vs Spy.
Hint, the CIA handbook ^ should be more useful than their special unit for that job. ;)

Thanks Mad for the pun and GN all, Tay.

What's the criteria to categorize these special forces as the "best"?!

It would be helpful if the Opening Poster first defines these criteria such as success rate, experience, training, training time etc, follows up by weighing them in terms of importance, and then provides his/her list based on this criteria.
The presentation of such lists should be standardized...

Exactly. Just becoz pakistani fanboys say so?

For example read the military operations of SSG posted here. Its a long list of failures, right from operation gibraltor that ended in defence of lahore, or 1971 when our villagers organized hunt parties or siachen where our regular troops bested the SSG and now quaid post is bana post. Yet the best. Why? Becoz one mian khurshid and other fanboys say so.

Playing RAINBOW SIX SIEGE ON PS 4 and man it is most complex warefare these people go through the conventional war or battle is child play for these wariors

MAARKHOR thanks i also reaseached about them since 1 year

Job of special forces is most hardened job in world they act against their nature which is difficult part to do and above it un predictable enemy an weapons they face

We also focus on shield guy in special forces he who enters in scene first

shield guy in forces should be highlightened after R 6 siege i knew the shield guy importancr

Handsdown SAS, Delta, and Sayeret Matkal.... the others are just...

well...

OTHERS!!

@mike2000 is back you stiff *ss Brit how did you red coats made the SAS such a bad*ss!!!
Guess it's mainly because the SAS were the world's first special forces, and they inspired all other countries around the world who followed in their footstep and even modeled themselves on the SAS. The experience gained from WWII, fighting all over the world in British former colonies, to independent movements,Korean war, Vietnam war, Missions in Asia(Oman, Aden, Malaya, Borneo),Africa, Iraq war, war on terror etc etc. In short, the SAS have been involved in constant continuous warfare/black ops for over half a century now( over 7 decades now) , they have been carrying out black ops even before the majority of countries today became independent. :cool:
French_sas_north_africa_1943.jpg
da7f0f73dacbf75ea29179a1c06616ad.jpg
6da0e7691e23cba93c33a4c5dc1b777c.jpg
d239bb268b77b6904cb071430e250acd.jpg
article-1278520-0993F6DA000005DC-562_233x430.jpg

sas_2466825b.jpg

Hint: The American special forces unit,Delta force, was formed by Colonel Charles Alvin Beckwith, who served with 22 SAS as an exchange officer, and recognized the need for a similar type of unit in the U.S army. In fact the SAS inspired(and still does) all special forces around the world:enjoy:

Did you ever look at the USAF CCT guys? They deploy with SEALS, Green Berets, 75th Rangers, and even MARSOC. Look at the training these guys go through. I can tell you this, they are qualified to deploy with all of the other SOF units which means that they have equivalent or better training. Take a look USAF CCT

yamam won contest in usa 2010 they broke world record of the contest of counter terorism and they won 2011 i think they best beacuse almost everythey the have operation they all was in special unit in army they have more expirnce in anti teror baecuse the life in isreal

yamam won contest in usa 2010 they broke world record of the contest of counter terorism and they won 2011 i think they best beacuse almost everythey the have operation they all was in special unit in army they have more expirnce in anti teror baecuse the life in isreal
dont take the list seriously it is written by pakistani fanboy to somehow paint SSG in top ten & best in south asia...you just need to read SSG history nothing but long list of failures in real wars

Back
Top Bottom