What's new

World Bank: Pakistan Economy is World's 23rd Largest

whts the GDP PPP in 2014? crossed 1 trillion mark?

I don't think so. For that to happen your GDP(PPP) must have increased by at least 30% in the last 3 years. I don't think it has happened. But in a couple of more years. you will be there. :cheers:

Congrats to Pakistan but I doubt that Pakistan has a GDP twice that of BD.

A lot of organisations use out of date figures for BD for some reason.

These are up to date figures till 2011, compared the same way for every country in the world.

I don't think so. For that to happen your GDP(PPP) must have increased by at least 30% in the last 3 years. I don't think it has happened. But in a couple of more years. you will be there. :cheers:

Yes you are right, another year is needed for 1 trillion PPP.

cool means with all hardship and propaganda against Pakistan we managed to be in trillion dollar club, amazing:) and now Pakistan GDP is almost double than the GDP of Bangladesh.

revenue and expenses of Pakistan are almost 3times of Bangladesh and our revenue is also expanding by more than 16% each year and the govt next estimate is in excess of 24%.

With the expanding tax collection and the increase in growth rate to 5.5% next year.It will be safe to assume that our Gap with Bangladesh will only getting wider.

Sometime it is not only about Growth rate because our GDP in real term is expanding much faster than bangladesh even under PPP,Imagine the future with PMLN and growth rate in excess of 6%

Look at the difference between china and india both have almost same population.....
Look at the difference between USA and China while China has 4 times more population then USA and after more than 7+ growth rate for 30 years. :cheers: Look differnece between Japan and Paksitan even Pakistan have more population than Japan :crazy:. #GrowUp :coffee:

Look at the difference between USA and China while China has 4 times more population then USA and after more than 7+ growth rate. :cheers: Look differnece between Japan and Paksitan even Pakistan have more population than Japan :crazy:. #GrowUp :coffee:

:toast_sign::toast_sign:

Look at the difference between USA and China while China has 4 times more population then USA and after more than 7+ growth rate for 30 years. :cheers: Look differnece between Japan and Paksitan even Pakistan have more population than Japan :crazy:. #GrowUp :coffee:

We don't compare ourselves with any country we know we are a fucked up economy from last six or seven years.... But you yindos are superpowa already and you can see china is almost there to take place of usa....:dance3:

Not really because our growth rate also has improved as compared to 2009-10-11.By no mean it is less than 950Billion dollars.

Lala,Aap kis dunia main reh rahe hain?

As per the last week GDP PPP updated list of world,Pakistan GDP is 794Billion dollars as of 2011-12 and expanding.

GDP, PPP (current international $) | Data | Table

Sir i do think the 790+ figure is a bit overstated. We need to wait for a more detailed economic survey. How can the PPP value be so high and nominal be so low?

revenue and expenses of Pakistan are almost 3times of Bangladesh and our revenue is also expanding by more than 16% each year and the govt next estimate is in excess of 24%.

With the expanding tax collection and the increase in growth rate to 5.5% next year.It will be safe to assume that our Gap with Bangladesh will only getting wider.

Sometime it is not only about Growth rate because our GDP in real term is expanding much faster than bangladesh even under PPP,Imagine the future with PMLN and growth rate in excess of 6%

What counts is GDP/capita growth and currently BD is growing at 5% a year in this variable.

For Pakistan to match this, then its GDP needs to grow at 7% a year since population growth rate is nearly 2% a year.

The gap between BD and Pakistan is closing as we speak.

We don't compare ourselves with any country we know we are a fucked up economy from last six or seven years.... But you yindos are superpowa already and you can see china is almost there to take place of usa....
Well its my reply to your that question about Population....and if China got 2nd place then India is also at 3rd, Difference is huge but we'll catch them 8-)

What counts for is GDP/capita growth and currently BD is growing at 5% a year in this variable.

For Pakistan to match this, then its GDP needs to grow at 7% a year since population growth rate is nearly 2% a year.

The gap between BD and Pakistan is closing as we speak.

Pakistan population growth is 1.5% not 2. This year Pakistan gdp growth was 4.14%, GDP touched $300 billion. And as said by Farhan, revenue and budget is almost 3 times bigger...

PPP gdp is also more then 2 times then Bangladesh.

Pakistan population growth is 1.5% not 2. This year Pakistan gdp growth was 4.14%, GDP touched $300 billion. And as said by Farhan, revenue and budget is almost 3 times bigger...

PPP gdp is also more then 2 times then Bangladesh.

He is wrong, last years budget was twice as big - 50 to 25 billion.

Like I say, Pakistan should grow at 7% a year then its population will be getting richer at the same rate as BD.

No problem with Pakistan progressing but taking issue with incorrect information.

How is that possible, I thought Pakistan's 200 billion decline during war terrorisms.

$788 billion PPP GDP of Pakistan is for 2011. World Bank data now shows $795 billion for 2012.

He is wrong, last years budget was twice as big - 50 to 25 billion.

Like I say, Pakistan should grow at 7% a year then its population will be getting richer at the same rate as BD.

No problem with Pakistan progressing but taking issue with incorrect information.

World Bank's 2012 data show Bangladesh's PPP GDP is $372 billion and Pakistan's PPP GDP at $795 billion is more than twice Bangladesh's.

Last edited:
Well its my reply to your that question about Population....and if China got 2nd place then India is also at 3rd, Difference is huge but we'll catch them 8-)

You will might catch up usa... Because china is moving too fast...

You will might catch up usa... Because china is moving too fast...
If we might catch up USA like China is doing now then why not China.... China is moving fast now and India is at its slowest that's why the difference is huge. if we will able to catch double digit growth which i think we will then we can also catch China... But admit that catching China will be difficult

Back
Top Bottom