What's new

World Air Force's in review 2013 edition

Oh ofcourse....pakistani pilots are almighty.Hear it from the horse's mouth then.F-16 net american pilots.No bias.Perhaps ur almight paf pilots aren't as almighty as u think.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_view...asc-sid-00e0de7451a5ffb0970d20bc4f504ea1.html

That is not to say PAF has bad pilots,but the assumption that PAF has so much superior pilots than InAF is quite amusing.Every AF has good and bad pilots and PAF certainly isn't some super AF.

You see the Number and Quality of Aircrafts of the Air Forces can be compared cos the specs(Though some are classified) are available in public domain.
PAF really lags its enemies (IAF and ISAF) behind in both,So what do they do to stay in the debate ?
Pull out that "Superior Man behind the inferior machine" rabit knowing well that,this cant be debated with facts in 2012.

Oh ofcourse....pakistani pilots are almighty.Hear it from the horse's mouth then.F-16 net american pilots.No bias.Perhaps ur almight paf pilots aren't as almighty as u think.
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_forum_view...asc-sid-00e0de7451a5ffb0970d20bc4f504ea1.html

That is not to say PAF has bad pilots,but the assumption that PAF has so much superior pilots than InAF is quite amusing.Every AF has good and bad pilots and PAF certainly isn't some super AF.

No one claimed PAF guys to be super human.

Now, regarding your thread, I read ALL of posts..took me while though...

So this thread only adds to my point? :lol:

Here is one guy who is presumably an ex USAF pilot. He says that he had experience with young PAF pilots who had no prior experience on aircrafts and when they went to jets from IFF, they performed horribly. Well, duhhhh...what else you can expect? PAF doesn't even operate that way..probably it was some experimental batch etc. Even though his story sounds fishy because;

A) PAF's F-16 pilots ALWAYS spend hundreds or even thousands of hours on different platforms before they switch to F-16s. Going straight to jets from IFF is never done in PAF!

B) PAF doesn't send its young cadets to USA. Experience pilots go their for advance training usually..but whatever..

C) This guy claims that Mechanics/Maintenance of PAF isn't upto the mark..but then, some other pilot tells him that how PAF was able to fly F-16s 100,000+ hours without a single accident, while it was under 'sanctions' of USA and was facing shortage of spares! The great American 'instructor' never reply to this argument :lol:

Anyways, I take his words. One other guy has similar story but he 'heard' it from others...

Now, there is another group of American instructors who are talking too.

According to one guy..Israeli pilots, Egyptian pilots, and PAF pilots came to 'hill' (Air Force training Academy) for the Viper training. Those PAF pilots were mature pilots as they had flown on other platforms before switching on to F-16s (standard procedure in PAF). Now, according to the USAF instructor, PAF pilots were ALL more aggressive than Israeli F-16 pilots, who were experienced IDAF pilots with having multiple Mig kills under their belt...:azn: This guy (instructor) highly praises PAF F-16 pilots along with Israelis.

So, your pick. One guy talks about YOUNG PAF guys doing what is not even a standard procedure in the PAF (hence a shaddy story)....while other guy talks about actual PAF F-16 pilots who were trained by standard PAF procedure...

Which one you think depicts PAF pilots? Even from your OWN thread, it is established that PAF pilots are one of the best in the world who can take on the 'badass' Israelis at will, if the need arises.

You can continue worshiping, or I must say "arse licking", Israelis though...

Your thread, dear, only supports my point!!!! Too sad that you didn't read the WHOLE thread...:lol:

F-16C+during+Pre+Delivery+Tests.jpg

:pakistan:

My point was not that the PAF pilots can't take on ISAF pilots but ur snide little comment that the IAf[indian air force] can't which assumes that PAF are somehow superior whereas veteran pilot trainers in the forum clearly say that whilethere are good PAF pilots many are substandard lots with poor performance and work ethics.

Oh and in case u want to fallback on the wild claim made by a pAF major that they beat RAF typhoons 3-0 in anatolian eagle in dogfights.H ewas later proved to be a fraud as RAF never brought typhoons to turkey when PAF was also present that is 2007.They brought typhoons in 2009 and PAF was absent.In 2007 when they sent tornadoes PAF was present.Not typhoons.

My point was not that the PAF pilots can't take on ISAF pilots but ur snide little comment that the IAf[indian air force] can't which assumes that PAF are somehow superior whereas veteran pilot trainers in the forum clearly say that whilethere are good PAF pilots many are substandard lots with poor performance and work ethics.

Again, you didn't read the thread. As I said, the guy saying this claims things that are really shady. Here is again for you...

He says that he had experience with young PAF pilots who had no prior experience on aircrafts and when they went to jets from IFF, they performed horribly. Well, duhhhh...what else you can expect? PAF doesn't even operate that way..probably it was some experimental batch etc. Even though his story sounds fishy because;

A) PAF's F-16 pilots ALWAYS spend hundreds or even thousands of hours on different platforms before they switch to F-16s. Going straight to jets from IFF is never done in PAF!

B) PAF doesn't send its young cadets to USA. Experience pilots go their for advance training usually..but whatever..

C) This guy claims that Mechanics/Maintenance of PAF isn't upto the mark..but then, some other pilot tells him that how PAF was able to fly F-16s 100,000+ hours without a single accident, while it was under 'sanctions' of USA and was facing shortage of spares! The great American 'instructor' never reply to this argument

Anyways, I take his words. One other guy has similar story but he 'heard' it from others...

Yes, even then I will take his words ...offcourse there are bad pilots in PAF too, just like in any other airforce.

My point, i wouldn't have brought this up if u hadn't made a snide comment on the IAF's supposed lack of ability in this thread.I have no agenda to malign the PAf as such.Both are professional respected forces with both good and bad pilots like every other air force.Move on then.Back to topic.

Oh and in case u want to fallback on the wild claim made by a pAF major that they beat RAF typhoons 3-0 in anatolian eagle in dogfights.H ewas later proved to be a fraud as RAF never brought typhoons to turkey when PAF was also present that is 2007.They brought typhoons in 2009 and PAF was absent.In 2007 when they sent tornadoes PAF was present.Not typhoons.

No one is bringing this sh!t here.

PAF record in previous "actual" war is enough to prove PAF's mettle. We don't need 'ego boosters' like some other do (Remember how IAF defeated USAF in Red Flags? Until the reality came out via Youtube Video? :lol:)

PAF pilots have shot-down Indian, Afghan, Soviet , and Israeli fighter pilots with exceptionally well record, during real wars/battles,

No one is talking about exercises here....

F-16s shooting down Eurofighters in WVR mode isn't big deal though...but again, I don't even care if this happened or not.

Regarding exercises, lets not even go there. Wasn't PAF able to 'bomb' USN Aircraft carrier during one exercise? Or how about PAF F-6 shooting down F-15 (the 2 on 2 exercise ended in a draw)? And there are many, many astonishing achievements of PAF in "exercises"....

My point, i wouldn't have brought this up if u hadn't made a snide comment on the IAF's supposed lack of ability in this thread.I have no agenda to malign the PAf as such.Both are professional respected forces with both good and bad pilots like every other air force.Move on then.Back to topic.

Ok Fair enough.

India has a impressive array ALL ROUND STRENGTH ie TRANSPORT , HELICOPTERS & SPECIAL MISSION.

I have serious doubts about authenticity of these statistics. India having 466 combat helicopters! Surely this must include all the rotary aircraft including the ones for training, transport , liaison etc.

Only authentic source for such data is the publication 'Military Balance' by the Institute of Strategic Studies London. May I inquire source of this info?

There is another angle to look at it

India has 614 Active combat aircraft to attack avg 323 km of Pakistani territorial width.
Pakistan has only 361 aircraft to attack avg 3146 km of Indian terroterial width.

In the end no jet fights with the "width" its jet against jet and india certainly has a numerical advantage though lowest in the history at this point in time.

PAF to IAF ratio --> 1.7

Thats great! PAF has way more combat aircraft per one km to protect Pakistani skies as compared to the indians...

PAF has 361 active combat aircrats to protect Pakistani airspace with the width of 550 km on average...

IAF has 614 active combat aircrafts to protect indian airspace with the width of 1850 km on average....

:cheers:

With the induction of JF-17 Thunders Block-II, Block-III ...PAF will be even more formidable force to guard the skies of this great nation! :pakistan:

I hope you have gone through the whole thread before you posted it here as a link. To be honest there is nothing int hat thread which can be quoted as "hear from the horses mouth". It looked more like a generalized unsubstantiated heresay statement from someone who did not even bothered to mention his interaction with PAF.

No it does not prove or dsiprove anything.

I'm not surprised that Nkorea is #5 in combat aircraft albeit most of it being substandard and outdated Soviet/Chinese aircraft, still if they are able to develop capable Air to ground weapons and missiles which can deliver nuclear weapons even up to 400km they can hold the samson option against the more advanced and better equipped South Korean military.

notice that 10 years ago the PLAAF would have 4 or 5 numbers down this list now they are 2 and 3 respectively in combat aircraft and combat helicopters..... peaceful rise indeed (sarcasm intended) this along with who knows how many infrastructure developments China will be more than a force to reckon with globally let alone regionally.

Back
Top Bottom