What's new

World Air Forces 2013

So contrary to 'popular belief'...

Pakistan Air Force has 361 active combat aircrafts.
Israeli Air Force has 243 active combat aircrafts.
Royal Saudi Air Force has 229 active combat aircrafts.
Egyptian Air Force has 450+ active combat aircrafts...
Indian Air Force has 614 active combat aircrafts..
Interesting... :cheers:
strange,Israel has over 430 fighter aircraft.
Where did you get the info from?

I know its strange.

PAF had 450+ fighter aircrafts...but the link in the OP (flightglobal) report says that PAF only has 361 now.

Same goes for Israel.

I guess the report is only taking into account the number of "active" aircraft..that is the aircrafts ready to fight. Many aircrafts of PAF are in Turkey for upgradation etc..so I guess this report doesn't count them.....

I know its strange.

PAF had 450+ fighter aircrafts...but the link in the OP (flightglobal) report says that PAF only has 361 now.

Same goes for Israel.

I guess the report is only taking into account the number of "active" aircraft..that is the aircrafts ready to fight. Many aircrafts of PAF are in Turkey for upgradation etc..so I guess this report doesn't count them.....

Nope, AFs keep two types of ac in it's inventory - active & reserves, active ac include even those ac which are send to foreign nations for upgrades/training etc. the criteria is that they should be an active participant of that AF & upgrades etc. are just temporary pauses, while reserves are the ac which are kept for use in any state of emergency but are not in active service, IAF keeps many of it's mig in reserves, if one even count them IAF's strength is 700+ easily.

Nope, AFs keep two types of ac in it's inventory - active & reserves, active ac include even those ac which are send to foreign nations for upgrades/training etc. the criteria is that they should be an active participant of that AF & upgrades etc. are just temporary pauses, while reserves are the ac which are kept for use in any state of emergency but are not in active service, IAF keeps many of it's mig in reserves, if one even count them IAF's strength is 700+ easily.

Oh Thank You.

Combat aircraft means combat aircraft.
Not A-4 Skyhawks or other aircraft, because they are using for training purposes.

Thats under 3 % of our GDP nothing more left to say.

But on education you spend even 3%
your country needs to spend more on R&D and try to depend on your own military hardware!

Combat aircraft means combat aircraft.
Not A-4 Skyhawks or other aircraft, because they are using for training purposes.

But on education you spend even 3%
your country needs to spend more on R&D and try to depend on your own military hardware!

Give me a source of your claim. You need to know that education is an affair of every single sate! Every state is responsible for education. Just look at the two states Kerala and Bihar. Kerala put more emphasis on education and health care and has an HDI which is comparable to every western country, while Bihar development level is closer to african countries.

Defense, major economic affairs and foreign affairs a the responsibility of the central government and no one else! And dont forget that India is located in one of the most unstable regions in the world and our military is also one of the reasons that the development of our country has been made possible!

Give me a source of your claim. You need to know that education is an affair of every single sate! Every state is responsible for education. Just look at the two states Kerala and Bihar. Kerala put more emphasis on education and health care and has an HDI which is comparable to every western country, while Bihar development level is closer to african countries.

Defense, major economic affairs and foreign affairs a the responsibility of the central government and no one else! And dont forget that India is located in one of the most unstable regions in the world and our military is also one of the reasons that the development of our country has been made possible!

You are talking about what development, Military Eduction Poverty HDI ?

So contrary to 'popular belief'...

Pakistan Air Force has 361 active combat aircrafts.
Israeli Air Force has 243 active combat aircrafts.
Royal Saudi Air Force has 229 active combat aircrafts.
Egyptian Air Force has 450+ active combat aircrafts...
Indian Air Force has 614 active combat aircrafts...

Interesting... :cheers:
First of all you should check also the quality. 1 Israeli or Saudi F-15s for instance equals to 10 Egyptian or Pakistani Mirage V.

Secondly, they consider 148 Israeli F-16A/B/D + 16 F-15 B/D as "training", although they are all perfectly capable for combat. That gives 407 combat aircrafts.

Finally Israel has large number of tankers, special mission aircrafts, UAVs. Which greatly increase air force capability. Quite large number of combat helicopters (including Apache Longbow and Cobras equipped with Spike NLOS - 25 km range).

You are talking about what development, Military Eduction Poverty HDI ?

HDI=Human Development Index.

You did not give me a source for your claim, and the fact is still the same: We spend less than 3% of on GDP on defense.
If you cant answer me, stop crying.

Over and out.

HDI=Human Development Index.

You did not give me a source for your claim, and the fact is still the same: We spend less than 3% of on GDP on defense.
If you cant answer me, stop crying.

Over and out.

OK you spend 2.5% + on defence but that does not include your arms purchasing right?
And in a government budget, there is certain amount which the government can spend without authorization on the congressmen. So by that your country is purchasing weapons.

It is showing that PAF has just 36 F-16's..... what about the rest 27?

I don't know man!
Maybe they are undergoing upgrades or in reserve states????

OK you spend 2.5% + on defence but that does not include your arms purchasing right?
And in a government budget, there is certain amount which the government can spend without authorization on the congressmen. So by that your country is purchasing weapons.

I don't know man!
Maybe they are undergoing upgrades or in reserve states????

Defense budget includes capital acquisition as well. By the way, MoD usually gives money back to the FM at the end of the FY.

So everytime you are writing something you are assuming .

Where is the proof that arms purchasing is not included in defence spending ??

Where is the proof that congressmen can spend without authorization on the govt. ??

So everytime you are writing something you are assuming .

Where is the proof that arms purchasing is not included in defence spending ??

Where is the proof that congressmen can spend without authorization on the govt. ??

So far he has not included even one source...

Back
Top Bottom