What's new

Work begins on first Hindu temple in Islamabad

Morpheus

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Web DeskOn Jun 24, 2020Last updated Jun 24, 2020

ISLAMABAD: A Hindu temple is being constructed in the federal capital for the first time in the country’s history.

A ceremony to mark the commencement of construction work on the temple in H-9/2 area of the capital was held on Tuesday. Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader and Parliamentary Secretary on Human Rights Lal Chand Malhi performed the groundbreaking.

The Capital Development Authority (CDA) had allotted a 20,000 square feet plot to Hindu Panchayat in 2017 for the purpose on the directives of the National Commission for Human Rights.

Construction work suffered delays owing to fulfillment of certain formalities, including the approval of the site map and other documents by the authorities concerned. The temple complex will include a cremation site and separate structures for other religious rituals.

The temple has been named Shri Krishna Mandir.

Speaking on the occasion, Lal Chand Malhi lamented that while India is obstructing Muslims’ access to mosques in occupied Kashmir, we are constructing Shri Krishna Mandir in Islamabad. He added it is the policy of the state and the Government of Pakistan to give rights to minorities residing here.

He appealed to the government to provide funds for the construction of the temple. Others present on the occasion were Hindu Panchayat’s Pritam Das, Mahesh Chaudhry, Ashok Kumar, and Chaman Lal.

https://arynews.tv/en/first-hindu-temple-construction-islamabad/

----------

I dont think there are any hindus in islamabad area. This is just a stupid gimmick by this incompetent govt. This money could well have been spent on otjer important stuff. If the govt cares that much about minorities then help the poor hindus in sindh and thar. With every passing day PTI is becoming a joke and we r realizing they are bigger morons than PMLN and PPP.

Aaahhh. Nothings like a good gimmick! Sad to see regressive policies implemented in Pakistan too.

Why not spend the money on feeding the poor?

Are there Hindus in Islamabad? There must be something in the Indian/Nepalese or West Indies High Commissions...

Good sign for miniorites
There are no Hindus in Islamabad. Those who are can visit the Indian/Nepalese/Guyana High Commissions on special occasions. This will only promote erosion of your value systems.

Web DeskOn Jun 24, 2020Last updated Jun 24, 2020

ISLAMABAD: A Hindu temple is being constructed in the federal capital for the first time in the country’s history.

A ceremony to mark the commencement of construction work on the temple in H-9/2 area of the capital was held on Tuesday. Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) leader and Parliamentary Secretary on Human Rights Lal Chand Malhi performed the groundbreaking.

The Capital Development Authority (CDA) had allotted a 20,000 square feet plot to Hindu Panchayat in 2017 for the purpose on the directives of the National Commission for Human Rights.

Construction work suffered delays owing to fulfillment of certain formalities, including the approval of the site map and other documents by the authorities concerned. The temple complex will include a cremation site and separate structures for other religious rituals.

The temple has been named Shri Krishna Mandir.

Speaking on the occasion, Lal Chand Malhi lamented that while India is obstructing Muslims’ access to mosques in occupied Kashmir, we are constructing Shri Krishna Mandir in Islamabad. He added it is the policy of the state and the Government of Pakistan to give rights to minorities residing here.

He appealed to the government to provide funds for the construction of the temple. Others present on the occasion were Hindu Panchayat’s Pritam Das, Mahesh Chaudhry, Ashok Kumar, and Chaman Lal.

https://arynews.tv/en/first-hindu-temple-construction-islamabad/

----------
Only one temple in 75 years?

The temple is probably being privately funded. All the news article says is that the land was alloted by the government.

I too didnt know there were many Hindus in Islamabad, but then again, how many do there need to be to justify a temple?

And then you say why you are called a fanatic.

There are urban Pakistani Hindus (Khatris) but yeah, the numbers are very low.
Come on. You accept that Hinduism is the most regressive 'faith' and go on to call me a fanatic for suggesting folks against building a temple.

A temples serves no purpose. Hence I opined against it.

I speak my mind, with logic. You are diplomatic on the other hand. :D

Back
Top Bottom