Women to lead Indian Army Units

Juggernautjatt

Reaction score
Country
India
Centre allows women to lead Army units
Tribune News Service

New Delhi, July 27
The Ministry of Defence has approved a proposal of the Army to allow women officers to command their units, a move that will bring them on a par with their male counterparts. The decision is applicable to women who will join as fresh recruits in 2015 and beyond.

The PTI adds that the government is planning to file an affidavit in the Supreme Court in this regard, highly placed Army sources said here.

The women officers would be given some relaxation in terms of physical standards but otherwise they would have to go through same regimen as male officers, the sources said.

Women, who are allowed permanent commission in select streams, had been demanding that they be allowed to command their units. The Army has chosen aviation as one of the streams in which women could be inducted and allowed to command.

In the IAF, women have been flying helicopters and transport planes. Engineers and signals branches are likely to be opened up for them soon.

Women will get to command units some 12 to 14 years down the line as this move will apply to those who join in 2015.

The women officers were first inducted in the early 1990s and have been now cleared to join the force as permanent commission officers in select branches such as legal, ordnance and supply. Women were allowed in medical arm of the forces even before the Independence.

Decision to benefit those joining in 2015
nat1.jpg
browdot.gif
Women will get to lead units some 12 to 14 years down the line as this move will apply to those who join in 2015
browdot.gif
They will be trained on the same pattern as their male counterparts
browdot.gif
The women officers were first inducted in the early 1990s and have been now cleared to join the force as permanent commission officers in select branches such as legal, ordnance and supply.

Centre allows women to lead Army units
Tribune News Service

New Delhi, July 27
The Ministry of Defence has approved a proposal of the Army to allow women officers to command their units, a move that will bring them on a par with their male counterparts. The decision is applicable to women who will join as fresh recruits in 2015 and beyond.

The PTI adds that the government is planning to file an affidavit in the Supreme Court in this regard, highly placed Army sources said here.

The women officers would be given some relaxation in terms of physical standards but otherwise they would have to go through same regimen as male officers, the sources said.

Women, who are allowed permanent commission in select streams, had been demanding that they be allowed to command their units. The Army has chosen aviation as one of the streams in which women could be inducted and allowed to command.

In the IAF, women have been flying helicopters and transport planes. Engineers and signals branches are likely to be opened up for them soon.

Women will get to command units some 12 to 14 years down the line as this move will apply to those who join in 2015.

The women officers were first inducted in the early 1990s and have been now cleared to join the force as permanent commission officers in select branches such as legal, ordnance and supply. Women were allowed in medical arm of the forces even before the Independence.

Decision to benefit those joining in 2015
nat1.jpg
browdot.gif
Women will get to lead units some 12 to 14 years down the line as this move will apply to those who join in 2015
browdot.gif
They will be trained on the same pattern as their male counterparts
browdot.gif
The women officers were first inducted in the early 1990s and have been now cleared to join the force as permanent commission officers in select branches such as legal, ordnance and supply.
good step

In fields like Aviation in the Air Traffic Control branch, women are eligible to command after 12 - 14 years. For SSC officers those are their last years of command since permanent commission is allowed only in judicial and ordinance branches as of now.

Some prominent feminists like levina may take hurt but in war there is no place for political correctness. To give you all an idea of of how it works out :

An average women weighs 125 - 135 pounds - an average IA soldier's kit consists of 10 kg Patka helmet (22 pounds) , 8 pound rifle, 60 pound body armor and 40 -60 pound backpack totaling 150 pounds.

150 > 125 - 135

Imagine this much weight being carried in combat!

In fields like Aviation in the Air Traffic Control branch, women are eligible to command after 12 - 14 years. For SSC officers those are their last years of command since permanent commission is allowed only in judicial and ordinance branches as of now.

Some prominent feminists like levina may take hurt but in war there is no place for political correctness. To give you all an idea of of how it works out :

An average women weighs 125 - 135 pounds - an average IA soldier's kit consists of 10 kg Patka helmet (22 pounds) , 8 pound rifle, 60 pound body armor and 40 -60 pound backpack totaling 150 pounds.

150 > 125 - 135

Yes some uniforms & gears, used in the military, weight 60 pounds or more! I am not saying women aren't strong, but they aren't strong enough. What if one of her fellow soldiers fell down and she was the only one around to save him. He weighs 200 pounds but with the 60 pounds worth of uniform...260 pounds. Say she weighs 190 pounds with her uniforms on. Will she be able to lift his weight plus the extra 120 pounds of uniform? I really don't think she can.
Plus the risk of sexual assault is too high in war.

150 > 125 - 135

male chauvinism zindabaad:devil:
:chilli::chilli::chilli:

Yes some uniforms & gears, used in the military, weight 60 pounds or more! I am not saying women aren't strong, but they aren't strong enough. What if one of her fellow soldiers fell down and she was the only one around to save him. He weighs 200 pounds but with the 60 pounds worth of uniform...260 pounds. Say she weighs 190 pounds with her uniforms on. Will she be able to lift his weight plus the extra 120 pounds of uniform? I really don't think she can.

Type in google women combat marines. 55% of the women cannot do 3 pull ups. Yet Obama is hellbent on integrating women into combat roles.

Even in fighter jets high G forces cause neuro - muscular injuries on women that make them limit their flying time. if they get pregnant, you have to retrain them spending double money.

Even PAF has stopped training women after their initial experience. PA tried using women but even they gave up.

There are just somethings in life that can't be forced on.

male chauvinism zindabaad:devil:
:chilli::chilli::chilli:

Are you a chauvinist because if so , then I am sorry for that.

In a place like Siachen with the factors I mentioned a woman won't last 5 minutes. All that abla nari nonsense does'nt work there.

150 > 125 - 135

As I mentioned in my post #3, what you've said about women carrying all that weight is not applicable for the simple reason that women in any case will not be allowed in combat units like the infantry, artillery and armored corps.

As I mentioned in my above post, what you've said about women carrying all that weight is not applicable for the simple reason that women in any case will not be allowed in combat units like the infantry, artillery and armored corps.

The article said certain battalions. So I must ask, are these permanent commissions or because SSC is now 14 years , they are being allowed?

Women officers will never ever be allowed command of units of fighting arms that include Infantry, Artillery and Armored Corps. Period!

Why?

If they pass all the required tests I see no problem with that.

BTW: I think all the tests, especially the the PT tests need to be the same for men and women. Sure, women do have different body compositions (generally) like more fat and less muscle but in combat, no one will give a fukc about that.

Besides, the Indian Armys physical requirements for men are a joke anyways... reducing them even further for women is totally insane.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom