What's new

Women pilot says PIA officers sexually harassing subordinates

westtowel

Reaction score
LAHORE: A woman pilot of the Pakistan International Airlines has accused senior officers of the state-run carrier of "sexually harassing" female subordinates and co-workers.

Captain Riffat Haee alleged senior officers of the PIA used to harass female pilots and other workers.

The female workers faced problems like withholding of promotion and even demotion if they refused to fulfil the "demands" of such officers, she further alleged.

She pointed out that she had complained to the PIA's standing committee on women's development but no action had been taken so far.

Acting on a petition filed by Haee, the Lahore high court on Wednesday sought a response to her allegations from PIA's managing director and other authorities.

The court, after hearing initial arguments in the case, issued notices to the managing director and other respondents and directed them to file their replies within two weeks.

Haee asked the court to take action against PIA officers responsible for harassing their female colleagues under a law against sexual harassment of women at workplaces.

Women pilot says PIA officers sexually harassing subordinates - The Times of India

The news was in local newspapers as well.
And Ive had first hand exp of PIA senior pilots attitude towards women.. especially when they get drunk.
Imagine how I felt riding jump in a 747 and finding the captain tipsy and the FO flying.

PIA is now the shame of the flying industry of Pakistan, poor aircraft maintenance, no safety equipment, over staffed, poor management, and now poor attitude and non-professionalism.

same here also....have heard about horror stories that goes on inside this huge base from reliable sources.They give booze to women and rape them.

Yes and somehow people with second "r_pe capital" of the world feel morally justified to troll with such news on PDF. Better harassment then r_pe!. Tharkis exist everywhere and the person in question is more likely to face disciplinary action than getting away with it.
This is a public Forum and the topic posted is not a fake as it is also came in other dailies...its always easy to take a pot shot at the OT to dodge or derail the thread..that mentality should change.. This is what i have learned during my stay here but you sir a senior pathetic..these kind of harassing issues does exists in many countries including mine too..i dont have a problem in discussing them in relevant threads.

This is a public Forum and the topic posted is not a fake as it is also came in other dailies...its always easy to take a pot shot at the OT to dodge or derail the thread..that mentality should change.. This is what i have learned during my stay here but you sir a senior pathetic..these kind of harassing issues does exists in many countries including mine too..i dont have a problem in discussing them in relevant threads.

the topic posted is old- maybe a few weeks old- TOI has picked on it now- Poor journalism-

I think after Pakistan railways the next in line to go bust is PIA! In our childhood we used to joke that PIA means Pee ker Aiye..it seems reality now!

The news was in local newspapers as well.
And Ive had first hand exp of PIA senior pilots attitude towards women.. especially when they get drunk.
Imagine how I felt riding jump in a 747 and finding the captain tipsy and the FO flying.

and yet they have one of the best safety records in the world...

This is why every Pakistani flys in Emirates when travelling to their homeland.

ek-606_oct18l.jpg

ek-606_oct18o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom