What's new

Witness To Surrender - 71 Indo-Pak War

fatman17

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Witness to Surrender, written by Brig Sadik Salik who was a Major at the time of war, became PoW for 2 years has written a comprehensive narration of events in a most 'un-baised' manner (especially since he was a army officer) - i have read many books but this is probably the most authoritative narration.

a must read.

Can we get or purchase the soft copy (electronic form) of this book.

actually this book was written in the late 70's - the publisher was Oxford University Press - Pakistan

Fatman et al:

It is an eerie conincedence that you bring up SIDDIQ Salik's book. I just finished it after reading General Mitha's, Gen Niazi's, and Brig. AR Siddiqui's books. I am currently reading Gen Gul Hassan's book.

Saliks' is the only book that I can get a hold of with some description of the battles - there are others but they are not available in the US.

There is one thing he said that I struggle with: that Gen Niazi should have fought to the last so that the 'annals of the Pak Army' would have a historic 'achievement'. I struggle with this opinion MIGHTILY. I can see Salik's point but who has the MORAL COURAGE TO sacrifice 47000 armed forces and thousands of WP civilians so that a losing albeit brave chapter can be written?

I just do not know the answer to that.

Anyway: :pakistan: :pakistan: :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom