What's new

Winner of MRCA: time to place ur bets

Which fighter aircraft do you think will win MRCA deal?

• Rafale

Votes: 48 27.7%
  • Eurofighter (typhoon)

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Mig-35

Votes: 17 9.8%
  • F-16 super viper

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • F-18 super hornet

Votes: 38 22.0%
  • SAAB Gripen

Votes: 11 6.4%

• Total voters

sunakaffck

Reaction score
my personal view

f-18-good choice but users have already thought of changing it with f-35 i.e. US ,canada
f-16-not a good choice primary user have already started making plans on making drones out of it official no. 130 unofficial as many as they like.plus the f-35 factor
gripen-ok choice but come on a more smaller jet then the lca mk1. i would say we have waited for a long time plz wait a lil more now for mk2
raffle-excellent choice. we also have mirage 2000(now going for upgrade for about 1.5 bn $ i think).french are our close frinds,reliable tech etc etc... just go for it
mig-35-good choice but not a time to go for russian tech once again. just give then some rest guys come on now even they are tired
eurofighter- great choice but too costly.

in short go for raffle dont be dumb ,dont let politics come in the way of defence.

P.S. stay away from relying on the U.S :pdf:

the cost of the euro fighter typhoon has declined about 25% due to the fall of euro in dollar term....but still costs more than other fighters.

European aerospace consortium is going to submit a renewed bid this month..

My question is why cant the Joint Fighter -F-35 be made part of the MRCA deal????

Boeing and Lockheed martin are both involved in the programme and is cheaper than EF

My question is why cant the Joint Fighter -F-35 be made part of the MRCA deal????

Boeing and Lockheed martin are both involved in the programme and is cheaper than EF

Because it is not operational, nor will it be in time when we want to induct it 2014/15 (F35 is expected at 2016, maybe later).

once viper will be selected ,they may further allow for f-35...

Eurofighter and Rafeale probably because the EF is a newish fighter with more development left in it and India is being offered the newest version (Trance 3) and full partnreship. Rafeale is also newish. but f18 is being replaced by f35.F16 same as above.Gripen same as LCA so no point.

Let me make it clear ,
F35 is not replacing F18E/F , only F18c/d are being replaced .
Just a week back Pentagon cleared sale of another 200 F18 more at 10% discount . F18 is being delivered to Aus and is in running for Japan as well . Outright rejecting it bcoz it will not last next decade is ignorance

What about AESA Radar??

I heard that AESA Radar of EF is not ready..so this bird is out of tender.....

Firstly F-35 will not be available in the time frame for MRCA. Secondly US will not allow its key technologies transfer to any country, even they denied to UK and Israel also, ToT is the key feature in MRCA deal. Moreover F-35 price will not fullfilled by the given budget for MRCA. Last but not the least its not operational yet and it cant take part in the comparitive trials which are going on different environment as per IAF requirement.

If I remember the no of planes we will buy might be divided among two bidders (dont remember the exact no.) ..if yes then either Rafale and Gripen.
and guys please dont compare gripen with tejas.

Back
Top Bottom