What's new

will these trials ever end????

itsme

BANNED
Reaction score
guys i have been noticing that india in last 10 yrs has developed a lot of army indegeneously, but pretty much everything is under trials or underdevelopment.

hal lch
hal lca
arjun tank
more than half of our missiles
nal saras
hal sitara
arihant nuclear submarine
abm system
hal luh
kaveri engine
gslv rocket failure 5 times and gslv mk3 still not launched
hypersonic vehicle from drdo
avatar rlv demonstrator program.
awacs program
irnss delayed
gagan satellite system delayed
chandrayaan 2 delayed

the question i am asking will we ppl always keep our stuff on trials and testing or actually induct them one day before they dont go absolete.

LCH will need at least 2 years before induction

LCA is so behind schedule I dont think it belongs in the IAF

Arjun tank is inducted, Mark 2 should be built next year

Which missiles specifically?

Saras / Sitaras I am not sure about

Ahrihant requires trained crews and sea trials

etc.

Indian R&D is done on a shoestring budget compared to western nations, keep that in mind.

Also, the bureaucracy involving DRDO, OFB, south block, etc. complicates matters to the 10th degree (turf wars).

I agree the delays are awful, but this problem cannot be fixed quickly. It is systematic, and requires a complete sea change in priorities, management, and doctrine.

LCH will need at least 2 years before induction

LCA is so behind schedule I dont think it belongs in the IAF

Arjun tank is inducted, Mark 2 should be built next year

Which missiles specifically?

Saras / Sitaras I am not sure about

Ahrihant requires trained crews and sea trials

etc.

Indian R&D is done on a shoestring budget compared to western nations, keep that in mind.

Also, the bureaucracy involving DRDO, OFB, south block, etc. complicates matters to the 10th degree (turf wars).

I agree the delays are awful, but this problem cannot be fixed quickly. It is systematic, and requires a complete sea change in priorities, management, and doctrine.

the problem with lca program is that the iaf is being a *****, they keep increasing demand for inducting it. now they r demanding an aesa radar in the plane. over all the plane was ready for induction 2 yrs ago, they simply keep increasing the demands and delaying the project. i think its govt is involved in this ****. there is definitely something drasticall wrong. india is awfull at comverting prototypes into reality.

When most of the new fighters in India's stable gonna have aesa why not LCA ? Also LCA may actually develop as a 4++ gen fighter in the process...

agree with the post above LCA was built as small 4th gen aircraft providing the number game to IAF .... but now they want all latest tech to go into that airframe ...... its like u book maruti 800 and tell maruti guys to give 4 wheel drive with Abs & Ebd without escalating the cost......
Lca as it is ,is a capable 4 gen may be Even 4.5 fighter jet ...... just need few tweaking ....

When most of the new fighters in India's stable gonna have aesa why not LCA ? Also LCA may actually develop as a 4++ gen fighter in the process...

dude but why not induct it and fit it with an aesa radar later, its doable. but they r simply not ready to start mass production of any indian product(except a few). they earn money off foreign deals?? forexample they know hal luh will make flight by this year or early nxt year, but they r pusing for a deal of 370 foreign luh helis, whyy??? fuckers just wanna earn money. they dont wnaa see indian made product.

Hey, that's just the way it is. Funding for many of these projects has only come about due India's economic rise and this is only relatively recent. We are in a sort of development period where hard lessons are being learnt to lay groundwork for future indigenous projects. Could be considered a sort of development revolution.

+btw major projects like ALH and Arjun are in service. And there are many,many projects that are smaller in scope that have been developed and introduced without so much attention/fanfare.

dude but why not induct it and fit it with an aesa radar later, its doable. but they r simply not ready to start mass production of any indian product(except a few). they earn money off foreign deals?? forexample they know hal luh will make flight by this year or early nxt year, but they r pusing for a deal of 370 foreign luh helis, whyy??? fuckers just wanna earn money. they dont wnaa see indian made product.

Maybe they wanna earn money but u may not be knowing the military industrial strength of India. While we produce around 10 MKIs per year, US alone produces around 48 F35s initially which would be increasing as it gets FoC.

So, what IAF wanna do is split up their requirements half between foreign vendor and half as domestic.

I think on missile arena we are good, but we lack on other areas.....
LCA is a formidable platform, but IAF raises the bar again and again....
Arjun tanks must be inducted in 1000s as even israeli experts have found it better than T90, yet we inducting around 300 only...
And in arihant we should be slow and steady... Its a nuke sub, which requires a lotta testing be4 inducting....

Back
Top Bottom