What's new

Will the US deploy Iron Dome to protect bases in the Gulf?

Combat proven against what? Being destroyed?
Turks, Israelies, Azeris and whoever just humiliate Russian air defense systems time after time

You sure? Or might it perhaps be that everybody humiliates Arabs who try to use weapons they cannot being to understand and thus cannot operate?
Iranians, Israelis, Russians, Turks.... NOT being Arabs are able to use weapons effectively or somewhat effectively.

You sure? Or might it perhaps be that everybody humiliates Arabs who try to use weapons they cannot being to understand and thus cannot operate?
Iranians, Israelis, Russians, Turks.... NOT being Arabs are able to use weapons effectively or somewhat effectively.
Since when armenians are muslims.
So your arguement is that everybody who uses RUSSIAN systems can not use them properly and that's somewhat proves that russian missile defense systems are good and Israeli ones are shitty?

First let this system protect Israel properly first with its abysmal record:

Question marks over Israel's much-lauded Iron Dome after it failed to intercept hundreds of missiles during two-day attack
"At the weekend around 690 missiles were launched into Israel over the course of two days, leaving four civilians dead and injuring nearly 200 people.

But of the hundreds of projectiles fired into the country, the Iron Dome only intercepted 240, according to Haaretz. "

First let this system protect Israel properly first with its abysmal record:

Question marks over Israel's much-lauded Iron Dome after it failed to intercept hundreds of missiles during two-day attack
"At the weekend around 690 missiles were launched into Israel over the course of two days, leaving four civilians dead and injuring nearly 200 people.

But of the hundreds of projectiles fired into the country, the Iron Dome only intercepted 240, according to Haaretz. "
Iron Dome shoot down rockets that are aimed to populated areas,
And no one claimed Iron dome has 100% success rate.
690 missiles were launched toward Israel and only 4 dead, that's some good defense system boy

And we will be able to test our Jericho 3 capabilities

Israel probably only has a few dozen or so of such missiles at most and thus they are useless without nuclear weapons. Now if you're suggesting Israel will resort to nuclear weapons, don't forget Israel can get annihilated with a single nuke. As late Iranian president had said:

Hashemi Rafsanjani, that claimed the. Jewish state is, as Barak put it, a ''one bomb state,'' meaning that a single bomb. could end Israel’s existence.11

Last edited:
Israel probably only has a few dozen or so of such missiles at most and thus they are useless without nuclear weapons. Now if you're suggesting Israel will resort to nuclear weapons, don't forget Israel can get annihilated with a single nuke. As late Iranian president had said:

If you're threatening Israel with hundreds of missiles, we'll deploy the nuclear option and the enemy knows it.
Saying that Israel is small is common fact, where are we going with that? geography class?

Iron Dome shoot down rockets that are aimed to populated areas,
And no one claimed Iron dome has 100% success rate.
690 missiles were launched toward Israel and only 4 dead, that's some good defense system boy

Try reading the article before commenting:

Now security experts in Israel are questioning why the Iron Dome was not more successful in intercepting more projectiles launched at civilian targets.

These rockets were fired at civilian targets but the Iron dome simply failed to destroy them. Your own experts are questioning its shortcomings openly.

Since when armenians are muslims

ARABS not Muslims. Armenian largest y dna haplogroup is J, Arab y dna.

Pakistanis are Muslims. Pakistanis can fight and understand weapons.
Iranians are Muslims. Iranians can fight and understand weapons.

yes, it is my belief. Russians use Russian weapons effectively. Indians have used Russian weapons to great effect against Pakistan who was armed with American and British weapons.
I never said Israeli Iron Dome was shitty. In fact, I said that Israelis can understand and use weapons effectively.

People are not the same as an Israeli you should also hold that belief.

Last edited:
If you're threatening Israel with hundreds of missiles, we'll deploy the nuclear option and the enemy knows it.
Saying that Israel is small is common fact, where are we going with that? geography class?

Those are non-nuclear missiles, you're threatening to use nuclear weapons (assuming you were) in response and I merely remind you how much vulnerable you are to such a system. Point is, if your country is so vulnerable to even conventional systems, then perhaps it is a good idea to avoid these chest thumpings.

Try reading the article before commenting:

These rockets were fired at civilian targets but the Iron dome simply failed to destroy them. Your own experts are questioning its shortcomings openly.

The number of Israeli civilians killed in the two-day over the weekend conflict was only one fewer than during 2014's Operation Protective Edge, which lasted two months and saw Palestinian factions launch 4,500 missiles into Israeli cities, The Jerusalem Post reports.

So basically 4500 missiles were launched into Israel and killed 5 people, that's what I understood from this article.
Experts can doubt all they want, but numers talk for themselves

The number of Israeli civilians killed in the two-day over the weekend conflict was only one fewer than during 2014's Operation Protective Edge, which lasted two months and saw Palestinian factions launch 4,500 missiles into Israeli cities, The Jerusalem Post reports.

So basically 4500 missiles were launched into Israel and killed 5 people, that's what I understood from this article.
Experts can doubt all they want, but numers talk for themselves

That is not how it works, you judge the effectiveness of a system by its intended purpose e.g. shooting down rockets. These rockets fired are unguided rockets meaning even if they are fired at a particular area, they may not cause much harm due to multiple factors. However, the iron dome is not a crystal ball, it cannot predict what exactly will happen so that is why it is suppose to shoot down any rockets being sent towards civilian areas and as you can see from the article, those rockets that were fired towards civilians sectors were not shot down i.e a failure on this systems part. So you can resort to all sort of mental gymnastics that you want, however the experts are right in this case. The system clearly failed, and failed badly.

That is not how it works, you judge the effectiveness of a system by its intended purpose e.g. shooting down rockets. These rockets fired are unguided rockets meaning even if they are fired at a particular area, they may not cause much harm due to multiple factors. However, the iron dome is not a crystal ball, it cannot predict what exactly will happen so that is why it is suppose to shoot down any rockets being sent towards civilian areas and as you can see from the article, those rockets that were fired towards civilians sectors were not shot down i.e a failure on this systems part. So you can resort to all sort of mental gymnastics that you want, however the experts are right in this case. The system clearly failed, and failed badly.
I can't see actually.
I see that the article state 690 missile were fired, and 200+ were intercepted
No where does it state how many were reached to populated area.
The only thing that fails is your logic

I can't see actually.
I see that the article state 690 missile were fired, and 200+ were intercepted
No where does it state how many were reached to populated area.
The only thing that fails is your logic

That is because you're not actually reading the article. This is the second time I am quoting this part of this for you to see:

Now security experts in Israel are questioning why the Iron Dome was not more successful in intercepting more projectiles launched at civilian targets.

Now to remind you how your iron dome is suppose to work. It detect targets being launched to civilian targets and targets those and does not target projectile that it calculated to miss those sector. However in this case these are projectile that were launched at civilian targets and were not destroyed. If they did not need to be destroyed i.e would not have reached civilians, then your experts would not have been commenting on why it failed to down them. This is common sense, no?

That is because you're not actually reading the article. This is the second time I am quoting this part of this for you to see:

Now to remind you how your iron dome is suppose to work. It detect targets being launched to civilian targets and targets those and does not target projectile that it calculated to miss those sector. However in this case these are projectile that were launched at civilian targets and were not destroyed. If they did not need to be destroyed i.e would not have reached civilians, then your experts would not have been commenting on why it failed to down them. This is common sense, no?
They doubt why the Iron Dome was not MORE successful at defending of populated areas, because 4 died and many injured, which is legitimate.
Nowhere do they state the missile defense system DIDN"T intercept or that IT"S NOT WORKING.
I literally said that like thousand times
Iron dome has 85% interception rate, which means 15% will still pass through, resulting in tens of rockets hitting israeli cities, got it?

They doubt why the Iron Dome was not MORE successful at defending of populated areas, because 4 died and many injured, which is legitimate.
Nowhere do they state the missile defense system DIDN"T intercept or that IT"S NOT WORKING.
I literally said that like thousand times

Do you understand what the words "failed to" mean?

"Question marks over Israel's much-lauded Iron Dome after it failed to intercept hundreds of missiles during two-day attack"

The entire article is about why the system could not destroy the targets that it should have.

And here is your own general explaining why he think the system failed:

"Major General Yaakov Amidror, a former national security adviser and retired head of the Military Intelligence's Research Department, admitted short range rockets were able to exploit gaps in the Iron Dome."

Pretending to be asleep I see.

Back
Top Bottom