What's new

Will the US block an Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline?

Gas pipe line or no line, either way Pakistan is facing problems. Best will be to have the Pipe Line. Bite the bullet this time :pakistan:

Remember this, United States is no longer the biggest or the second biggest trade partner of Pakistan anymore and the Pakistani GDP has now grown to $231 billion.

The Pakistani Government has very affectively adopted the 'Look East' policy in the last 5 years.

Can you provide some evidence for the bolded statement ?

As far as numbers go, Pakistan is still heavily dependent on trade with the US and EU. The EU will also eventually follow American footsteps if the US decides to go ahead with sanctions. That is when trouble will begin for us.

Looking east or west or north is meaningless until we can improve our situation first.

US have give the option of cheaper gas from Turkmenistan.

Why does Pakistan, have energy problem all of a sudden?
All of a sudden ???? :o mate do you even live in Pakistan ?? i highly doubt it, cuz if you ever lived there you should had a idea of energy probs in Pak.
plus , cheap gas from turkmenistan ?? and that gas line will come through all the way from afghanistan ..right ? are you going to assure its safety ?? plus are you or america going to bear cost of that lengthy pipeline ?? Russia, india and many other countries are buying oil from iran. why dont america stop them ?

This pipeline is a good idea. But I hope Pakistan can pay a fair market price otherwise there will be headaches later.

As far as numbers go, Pakistan is still heavily dependent on trade with the US and EU. The EU will also eventually follow American footsteps if the US decides to go ahead with sanctions. That is when trouble will begin for us.

Looking east or west or north is meaningless until we can improve our situation first.

Salaam to all the Muslims,

I can't post any links at the moment but Pakistan's biggest trade partner is now China for past few years. It crossed the $12 billion mark this year. Second biggest trade partner is United Arab Emirates if my memory serves me right.

Also, the Gulf Cooperation Council's trade with Pakistan is now bigger than European Union.

Insha'Allah I'll provide the sources but for now you can visit the official 'Pakistan Bureaue of Statistics' website for the numbers for 2011-2012.

Allahu Alam

Salaam to all the Muslims.

Salaam to all the Muslims,

As promised brother:

Pakistan-China Trade 2013: $12 Billion
Pakistan-China bilateral trade crosses $12 billion mark

Pakistan-UAE Trade 2012: $8.4 Billion
www.tribune.com.pk/story/491846/economic-relations-uae-invites-pakistani-investment/

Pakistan-US Trade: 2012: $5.2 Billion
Pakistan | Office of the United States Trade Representative

Please also note that Pakistan's total trade for the financial year 2011-2012 crossed more than $65 Billion.

Allahu Alam

Salaam to all the Muslims.

BATMAN;4003862]US have give the option of cheaper gas from Turkmenistan.

whats stopping Them Just as IRAN is financing the project they can too.

Why does Pakistan, have energy problem all of a sudden?

Batman have you been living in cave that you don't no the shortages we are facing our industry is crippled by this shortage.

Iran is organizing terrorism in every Islamic state.

Silly batman Wahhabi are hanged by Iran

IF CSM is promoting it than i have all the reason to be suspicious about the whole deal... nothing going to happen.

Hurry up buy a one way ticket to Saudi Arab and never come back.

Iran exported $7 billion in gas products over the past year to several European nations despite an international regime of economic sanctions aimed at crippling Iran’s lucrative energy sector.

The exports come as Europe and the United States have pushed to choke off Tehran’s market access. The ongoing exports, however, indicate that many loopholes continue to exist in the current laws.

Iran’s top gas clients include Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Turkey, and Romania, according to Iran’s state run Mehr News Agency.

“Despite EU sanctions banning the importation of natural gas and other gas liquid products to Europe, Iran have exported more than $7 billion of liquid gas products,” Mehr reported Thursday.

BATMAN MAY I Suggest you USE Gaviscon it will help with Heart Burn.

Back
Top Bottom