What's new

Will Raheel Sharif quit Muslim NATO? Brilliant piece by Ahmed Quraishi

Why did iran allow our Mortal enemy india access to Chabahar and a route to support terrorism in Balochistan?

A very well written balanced article. Helps clear out all the smoke and mirrors surrounding this issue.

Why did iran allow our Mortal enemy india access to Chabahar and a route to support terrorism in Balochistan?

Why did UAE offer to invest up to $75 billion in India, our archenemy ?

Why was the PM of our archenemy India (i.e. Modi, a terrorist who facilitated killing of thousands of innocent Muslims in Gujrat, India) conferred Saudi's highest civilian honor last year ?

Who has been supporting and financing Madrasas and Militancy in Pakistan ?

Why was the PM of our archenemy India (i.e. Modi, a terrorist who facilitated killing of thousands of innocent Muslims in Gujrat, India) conferred Saudi's highest civilian honor last year ?

Your comparing putting a plastic medal around Modi's neck to allowing India access to sensitive areas from where they can attack Pakistan?

I make it a point not to push a sectarian angle- but one has to look into the ownership of the media houses and their particular sect to gauge which sect(in terms of political dynamics) controls what in Pakistan.
Which sect. runs defence.pk?

Whatever house of Saud is, they proved time tested friends of Pakistan. On other hand, Pakistan's link with Iran is just dirty sectarian.
Though, molla lovers would not like this statement.

Very well written article. Iran or GCC no one is our friend and Afghanis are our enemy , yes I have no doubt in that .
We have to watch our own interests and you like it or not , Our interests are with GCC , 4 million Pakistanis are in GCC and what not , Can any body tell me any thing about Iran? Iran is the country which after Shah creating problems for us and don't forget there alliance with India and Indians in Iran.
If GCC fails , Pakistan will lose 50% of its economy and will face a humanitarian crisis . India will also lose 25% to 30% .
But if Iran fails (which I also don't want ) What we will lose may be 2% or 3% , that's it. Pakistanis have to understand , Do not fell in to Persians propaganda they are using Shiaism as tool. Look for Pakistan and watch for Pakistan interests.
Persians want civil war in Pakistan , may be because of India(to help India) or even may be for helping Israel who knows , there credit history is not that good , don't ask me go and read history. And for that they are using Shia card.
And I also have one question ! When and How Sunny Iran become Shia ???? I already know the answer if you don't go and google it.

Since Iran already had a functional port Abbas about 100 miles away from Chabahar!
There was no (positively) logical reason to build port of Chabahar!
Indians had been sitting on Iranian side of border, ever since early 90's, no wonder Chabahar port was a progressive step in Indian evil doctrine of cold start.

4 million Pakistanis are in GCC and what not

India want to push-in Indians and push-out Pakistanis. Surely India will use, all fair and unfair means for this.
We need to understand, in WoT there's no middle ground, you are against the terrorists, else counted among them!
As far GCC is concerned, we literary back stabbed them.
Now we shouldn't be surprised, for the consequences of our choices.

He is a fish of same pond!

As far as he is openly criticizing Iran, I think he's doing fine and we should be okay with him.

Lets see how this goes on. I strongly urge to keep an eye on organized media campaign against this alliance. It just doesn't appear normal.

Ahmad Qureshi's bootlicking of the American puppet Saudi Royal Family comes as no surprise. This guy has been spreading sectarianism in Pakistan for many years. PEMRA has issued notices to him over spreading sectarian hatred in the past but no action was taken.

RIP National Action Plan

PEMRA-1.jpg

How do you define "puppet"? Is Iran not Russia's puppet? Do you know who took advantage of US invasion of Iraq? Who cooperated with US regarding Iraq? Its all holy Iran...

Saudis are not hypocrite, if they'll side with US, they'll openly claim and accept it. Unlike Iran, who shouts Shaitan Buzurg while dealing with US secretly.

I tell you why...Because Pakistan didn't join Yemen so UAE offered billions of dollars investment and KSA put medal in modi's neck....It was a reaction to our refusal to join Yemen war. We messed up. They didn't start it.

U can't compare Iran to KSA/GCC......U get shame and threats from Iran while get billions of dollars from GCC/KSA. No comparison at all.

Sir, for how long you will threaten us of civil war or sectarian war? Is having an eye on Iran and her moles brings us sectarian war? Should Pakistan not pursue her own interests instead of jerking Iran Iran Iran all the time? When was the last time Iranians have been friendly to us?

I am not threatening anyone, I want Pakistan to look after its own interests. I don't give a crap about Iran or Saudi. Unlike you or those who favour alliance with the Saudis. Both these nations have done but poison our youths who have turned on our people. I am awake to this reality. you and those who want to drag us in to the alliance with the Saudis are not.

Iran doesn't owe us anything to be friendly to us, neither do we owe Iran or indeed Saudi Arabia to be friendly with us. However, please explain to me how falling in line like good slaves to the Saudis helps Pakistan?

Its amazing whenever we discuss Iran, threats of sectarianism/war starts erupting.

It may be the wish of Iranian mullahs to make Pakistan next Syria....but do you know what? Pakistanis keep nukes and powerful military/LEAs for a reason. Here, whoever threatens country by picking up arms, on mullah's directions, will be swiftly dealt with.

When we discuss the GCC, we get threats like the tiny cockroach from UAE insulting Pakistan. But I guess people like you go in to fit on Iran but are no where to be found when the GCC tries to treat us like slaves.

Pakistan's powerful military's many personnel go and serve as slave soldiers to the GCC. Many also take early retirement to go and earn money there. I am not afraid of the mullahs in Iran. I am in a sense, a Pakistani Nationalist, I prefer to choose the interests of Pakistan over the interests of the Saudis or Iranians or Chinese etc. Who are all our good friends, but I would never put their interests above Pakistans. Something the Saudi-sectarian loving crowd does not do.

Pakistan favors KSA over Iran because we our people over there who sends remittances...What does North Korea (Iran) have for us? What do we get from them? except shame and threats.

As the author of article notes, Pakistan will pursue her own interests and won't care if it collides with Iran the same way Iran didn't care when signed Chabahar with India.

There are million plus Pakistanis here in the U.K. Why does Pakistan not have similar dealings with the British? Why don't we join British forces in bombing Syria like the GCC loving crowd wants us to do in Yemen? Are you sure it has nothing to do with your sectarian biases?

Pakistan and Pakistanis have never pursued their own interests. They have always remained indebted to one foreign power to another. We are not even close to Iran, no one at the world stage considers us Iranian Allies to begin with, so what shame are you talking about?

Why can't we purse a path of the middle ground and leave both of these bicking middle easterners to fight their own sectarian and ethnic wars? Check the map, we are not in the middle east, nor are we middle eastern.

Fantastic parallels between Pakistan and the early the Prussian empire.

Prussia was played around too by the Protestants on one side and the Holy Roman Empire on the other side. It allowed itself to be played by these two forces and also had a population that was easily influenced by these external forces.....just like Pakistan.

Prussia had leaders like Frederick William and Frederick the Great to pull it through the mess...sadly for Pakistan this isn't the case hence the future is very bleak.

Look at post#24(thanked by the OP) about creating elimination squads to target "traitors" inside the media and even the armed forces....these guys are just gunning for a mass scale Shia genocide.

Every single enthusiastic supporter of us joining the alliance on this forum is a sectarian nutjob whether they would like to admit it or not.

Ironic isn't it? When ministers from the GCC threaten Pakistan both publicly and privately, these self declared Pakistani interests pursuers are no where to be seen. When Iran does the same, they come crawling out, but instead of spitting at Iran, they spent most of their time spitting on fellow Pakistanis.

These lot are wonderful, you mentioned Frederick the Great, Pakistanis can't even have a leader like him in a thousand years. Have you seen the state of these people? No self pride, no self respect, no insistence on self reliance, always holding the begging bowl.

Running from one regional power to another, Russia threw us bones and we ran like hungry urchins, with an almighty delusion of self granduer.

I hated nationalism, but I would welcome a genuine Pakistani Nationalist party.

I am not threatening anyone, I want Pakistan to look after its own interests. I don't give a crap about Iran or Saudi. Unlike you or those who favour alliance with the Saudis. Both these nations have done but poison our youths who have turned on our people. I am awake to this reality. you and those who want to drag us in to the alliance with the Saudis are not.

Iran doesn't owe us anything to be friendly to us, neither do we owe Iran or indeed Saudi Arabia to be friendly with us. However, please explain to me how falling in line like good slaves to the Saudis helps Pakistan?

What is slave, according to your definition? U are working in UK, paying your services, giving taxes to UK government and in return receiving benefits...Are you slave of White masters? Are you slave of UK? I say again...For us, Iran is not equal to Saudis....We get threats from Iran while on the other hand, we get billions from GCC in terms of remittances. You must be hypocrite (sorry to say) if you don't give crap about Saudis, who helped you in darkest times (When Pakistan conducted nuke tests) with oil etc. U don't give a crap about Saudis where million of Pakistanis are earning their bread and butter. So much proud and ugliness make you isolate and laughing stock in world - just like North korea and Iran.

When we discuss the GCC, we get threats like the tiny cockroach from UAE insulting Pakistan. But I guess people like you go in to fit on Iran but are no where to be found when the GCC tries to treat us like slaves.

Pakistan's powerful military's many personnel go and serve as slave soldiers to the GCC. Many also take early retirement to go and earn money there. I am not afraid of the mullahs in Iran. I am in a sense, a Pakistani Nationalist, I prefer to choose the interests of Pakistan over the interests of the Saudis or Iranians or Chinese etc. Who are all our good friends, but I would never put their interests above Pakistans. Something the Saudi-sectarian loving crowd does not do.

Do you know why UAE threatened us? Because we played into Iran hands and refused to help them regarding Yemen. I am in no way supporting UAE over Pakistan. I am just telling you why they threatened us. Pakistan should have responded in kind and may be we have done it as well. Again you come up with your Slave argument? Don't you have anything better to counter, bro...Because it sounds too childish.

Majority of Pakistani population is not Wahabi unlike Saudis/royal family. We have no specific love for royal family...we just respect them unlike Iran lovers who have joy of hanging khameini photo in every Imam Bargah. We don't hand the photo of king of KSA in our mosques. So, tell me who is slave of whom?

You and me are nobody. People at helms know what they are doing. On one side, there is Iran and on other side, we have 40 plus nations...Please don't make my country North Korea part 2.

There are million plus Pakistanis here in the U.K. Why does Pakistan not have similar dealings with the British? Why don't we join British forces in bombing Syria like the GCC loving crowd wants us to do in Yemen? Are you sure it has nothing to do with your sectarian biases?

Pakistan and Pakistanis have never pursued their own interests. They have always remained indebted to one foreign power to another. We are not even close to Iran, no one at the world stage considers us Iranian Allies to begin with, so what shame are you talking about?

Why can't we purse a path of the middle ground and leave both of these bicking middle easterners to fight their own sectarian and ethnic wars? Check the map, we are not in the middle east, nor are we middle eastern.

Do you even know that Pakistan is part of common wealth alliances with UK? Did UK ask Pakistan to do bomb Syria jointly? I don't talk on fiction. Sorry.

Middle path is not achievable. Which country ever remained neutral in history? Since 1947, Pakistan never remained neutral. Joined US alliance which helped us in getting professional army. Alliances have their benefits. Pakistan counters India through Arabs and Turks.

If Muslims of North India hadn't gone to fight British for Turk brothers, you would never have formed such great bond with Turks which they still remember till today and respect Pakistanis like nobody...So, now tell me, those North Indian Muslims were also slaves of Turks? I hate this slave argument.

Ironic isn't it? When ministers from the GCC threaten Pakistan both publicly and privately, these self declared Pakistani interests pursuers are no where to be seen. When Iran does the same, they come crawling out, but instead of spitting at Iran, they spent most of their time spitting on fellow Pakistanis.

Pakistanis made fun of that minister and replied him on social media. We never spared anyone who threatened Pakistan. Its not our fault of you hadn't seen Pakistanis getting angry on that UAE minister.

It is a Sunni alliance. Let Ahmed Qureshi say whatever. He is too pro Saudi.

If its not a Sunni alliance then why Syria is not in it?Why was the platform of this alliance used to berate Iran?

I m not pro Iran. I m not pro Saudi either. But this is a big problem in Islamic world right now. It needs to be resolved. By General Shareef being the leader of Saudi alliance, Pakistan has picked the sides in this conflict.

This Saudi alliance, if its so Islamic, should first wage war against Israel to end the occupation of Palestine and Golan Heights. It should fight th war to push Israel back to 1967 border. But this is alliance is an alliance of cowards. Who are looking up to American largesse and Saudi money to pick their crumbles from the table of the rich Arabs.

I would have believed this alliance to Islamic if the Riyadh Summit talked about Palestine, Kashmir and the atrocities committed by these Arab nations in Syria. Right now, its a Saudi alliance no matter who calls it what.

Was Pakistan snubbed?
Trump may or may not have snubbed Pakistan. His speech did not give credit to the antiterror fight of Egypt, Turkey, Nigeria or Indonesia, and focused instead on smaller nations like Jordan and Lebanon. He made a passing reference to world nations affected by terrorism including India. Pakistan was missing in the speech but this is not a departure from recent US statements. No one in Islamabad was expecting miracles.

As for PM Sharif’s speech, nearly 50 heads of state did not get to deliver their speeches, including many heavyweight Muslim nations like Indonesia, Turkey, and others. The Summit was an organizational nightmare, and the Saudi hosts apologized on the spot to their guests. But overall, Pakistan had a front seat at the Summit and both PM Sharif and Gen. Sharif were well received by both American and Muslim delegations.

Was Riyadh summit sectarian?
Iran was not invited. But Tehran is not the only Shia-majority Muslim country in the Muslim world. There is Iraq and Azerbaijan. Presidents Fuad Masum and Ilham Aliyev both attended the Summit and signed on its declaration. Azerbaijan is mulling a decision to contribute to IMAFT. They would not have attended if this was a sectarian effort. The issue of Iran’s meddling in other countries in the region was not the only issue at the summit. ISIS and the fight against extremist ideology took the largest portion of the Summit’s time. A reading of the Summit declaration will clarify this.

I would call the author of this article merely misinformed, if it was not his business to write opinion changing articles to sway public opinion. As such, I must call him morally bankrupt. His words and statements go against facts themselves.

So, to find out the facts for ourselves, lets bring in the actual video of the summit:

To hear the names of significant and insignificant nations mentioned, start from 2:15:50. Are you telling me that in this significant introduction lasting minutes, the pointed exclusion of Pakistan is not a snub? In that case you must belong to that shameless creed of Pakistani politicians who hold no self-respect.

Then, the point of this being an anti-Iran conference. Start from 2:23:55 and hear for yourself the following words. Go through them once, twice, thrice, as long as it takes you to realize that this was loudly an anti-Iran summit.

We are gathered here today at this summit to express seriousness in taking liberous steps to realize a true partnership with a friendly United States in a way that serves our common interests and contributes to achieving security, peace, and development for all of humanity. This is what our straightforward Islamic religion confirms. Dear brothers and friends, our responsibilities towards God, towards our peoples, and towards the entire world, is to stand united to fight the forces of evil and the extremism, whatever their sources are, in response to the dictates of our Islamic religion. Islam was, and will always be the religion of mercy, tolerance, and co-existence, as confirmed by brilliant precedence. In its prosperous times, Islam provided the best examples of co-existence and harmony amongst followers of religions and cultures. However we see today that some presumed Muslims seek to present a distorted picture of religion. A picture that seeks to conflate this great religion with violence. We say to our Muslim brothers and sisters, our sons and daughters everywhere, that one of the most important goals of Islamic Sharia is protecting life and that there is no honor in comitting murder. Islam is the religion of peace and tolerance, that urges its followers to develop earth and forbids them from corrupting it. It considers killing an innocent soul tentamount to killing all of humanity. Our way to achieve the goals of our religion and win our lasting life in heaven, is to promote the tolerant values of Islam which are based on peace, moderation, and refraining from destroying and corrupting earth. We all, peoples and countries, reject in every language, and denounce in every form, damaging the relations of Muslim countries to friendly countries and profiling peoples and countries on a religious or sectarian basis. These odious acts are the products of attempts to exploit Islam as a cover for political purposes, to flame hatred, extremism, terrorism, and religious and sectarian conflicts as the Iranian regime and the groups and organizations tied to it such as Hezbollah, and the Houthis, as well as Da'esh, Al-Qaidah and others. The Iranian regime, has been the spearhead of global terrorism since the Iranian revolution until now. We have been in this country for 300 years and have known no terrorism or extremism until the Khomeni revolution began in 1979. Iran has turned down all good neighborliness initiatives offered by our nations with good will. It has responded with expansionist aspirations, criminal practices and interference in the internal practices of other countries, thus violating the principles of international law, good neighborliness, and mutual respect and co-existence. Iranian regime thought that our silence was weakness and our wisdom was retreat until we had enough of its hostile practices and interference as we witness in Yemen and other countries in the region. As we say this, we assert, at the same time, our respect and appreciation for the Iranian people. We do not hold people responsible for the actions of their regime. The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has long suffered from terrorism and has been the target for it, because Saudi Arabia is the centre of Islam and the Qiblah for all Muslims. Terrorist ideology seeks to achieve its fake legitimacy, and spread through targeting the Qiblah of all Muslims and the centre of their weight. We have succeeded in confronting terrorist actions, foiling many terrorist attemtps. We have also helped our brothers and friends around the world to avoid plots targeting their security and stability. Dear brothers and friends, in our continued efforts in confronting terrorism, the GCC states concluded today a historic agreement with the United States of America to adopt strict measures to target financing terrorism by establishing a centre in Riyadh to target terrorism financing...

So with these facts under the belt, do I think Gen Raheel Shareef may be having second thoughts? Definitely! From the beginning he has been a stalwart of a united Muslim front. Strategically speaking, a general of his merit can well appreciate the geo-strategic depth of Iran with Russian backing, and the implications of a full on conflict.

Should he return to Pakistan? I see the Muslim Ummah benefiting much more from his strong leadership in Pakistan than a minor role in some foreign land. His current role seems pre-planned by anti-Pakistan forces to sideline him and deprive him of any strong base. On the contrary, as Prime Minister of Pakistan, this country will benefit from his sincere leadership, and as a consequence, it will be able to rise to take the true position it is meant to take in the world.

@Oscar @PaklovesTurkiye

Oh what a comprehensive detailed with micro observation I am already a big fan of Ahmed Qureshi but I salute him for producing this Gem ....... May Allah protect him

I am telling you....Iranians seem to have bought up our whole media. The way media is campaigning against alliance/Gen Raheel......It is not as simple as it appears. Something is terribly suspicious and dangerous for us which we are still not seeing yet.

Usually Iran don't need to buy anyone, her political cum sectarian syllabus is so good and covert to create unlimited free agents to work for her for free

Back
Top Bottom