What's new

Will PTI choose a more pro-China or pro-west or a balanced foreign policy?

Maula Jatt

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Can we get a hold of the full unedited version of this speech?

We criticized Bajwa for saying the same exact thing

Is he wrong? IDK maybe not or maybe he is
But Whatever's the case he shouldn't have said it in public that too in English of all languages

This speech'll hamper Pakistan's diplomacy when PTI administration comes to power

Edit - (in light of this I edited my title) as @Tamerlane said " Shahbaz Gill’s remarks are from Dec 2017, before having any position in a PTI government."

Last edited:

Is he wrong? IDK maybe not
But Whatever's the case he shouldn't have said it in public that too in English of all languages

This speech'll hamper Pakistan's diplomacy when PTI administration comes to power

Thing is,
PTI's most influential backing comes from Overseas Pakistanis,
Which are very vocal and have an obvious vested interest in Western values which by association means being sinophobic whether intentionally or by cultural brainwashing, whether PTI comes with pro-China policy in the future will depend on how important overseas backing to PTI is.

Thing is,
PTI's most influential backing comes from Overseas Pakistanis,
Which are very vocal and have an obvious vested interest in Western values which by association means being sinophobic whether intentionally or by cultural brainwashing, whether PTI comes with pro-China policy in the future will depend on how important overseas backing to PTI is.
overseas Pakistanis could give 2 shits if Pak is aligned with the west or east
we just want a better Pakistan (fyi I don't think we can stay neutral for long... although I hope we do)

overseas Pakistanis could give two shits if Pak is aligned with the west or east
we just want a better Pakistan (fyi I don't think we can stay neutral for long... although I hope we do)

I agree, and you've seen on this forum as well the overall opinion of Overseas Pakistanis. We do not give two shits about East or West all that matters is Pakistan Comes First.

The other thing I want to mention is that Shahbaz Gill has no qualifications besides teaching entry-level business courses -- he only got the position due to a common friend between Imran Khan and a family friend of the Gills.

Last edited:
overseas Pakistanis could give 2 shits if Pak is aligned with the west or east

That can be said for some,
but the vast majority i've met on forums and other online platforms have a very narrow view when it comes to this.

Pakistan's a big player if it decides to join the multipolar race and starts focusing on its economic independence rather than try to depend on the USD like the US hegemonic policies want it to.
But, that's another matter until we get rid of all the elites that have major stakes in Western economies like the dynastic families and the generals who keep sucking the US thumb.

And in that case, I believe they have the most to lose.

(Total IF scenario of course)

Is he wrong? IDK maybe not

oh rahnay day yar, give it up dude, answer is in the pudding. he said "as a business professor", meaning he speaks from his personal opinion as a "business professor" which is NOT a government office. as a private citizen, he is entitled to his opinion, nothing wrong with that.

bajwa bhanch0d on the other hand, spoke as an army chief which IS a government position and that too, a government position that has NO RIGHT to speak on matters pertaining to the economy or foreign policy or domestic politics or anything else that is NOT defence related. but it seems like bajwa bhanch0d stuck his wiggling little lulli is EVERY matter EXCEPT defence related matters. so just give it up! there is no defending jurnayli incompetence.

Shahbaz Gill’s remarks are from Dec 2017, before having any position in a PTI government.

America wants to keep Pakistan weak and to accept Indian hegemony. They have a strategic partnership with India and are in the process of transferring vast amounts of manufacturing capacity from China to India. In that situation all Pakistan can expect are scraps and bones that are thrown to a dog.

Whatever Shahbaz Gill thinks, Pakistan’s future is better served by having a strong partnership with China. There is vast economic potential in this relationship.

If Pakistan can only educate and train its people China can invest in infrastructure and industry. There are an unlimited amount of exports that Pakistan can send to China. The biggest hurdles are political instability and lack of trained manpower. Pakistan needs to invest heavily in vocational training.

And, obviously, China is the only one Pakistan can turn to for military hardware.

Until a few years ago we weren’t required to choose a side. But once America turned against China we have to decide between them. We need to try to keep relations with America as good as we can but China has to be our strategic and economic partner. There’s no doubt about it.

No leading political party in Pakistan, PTI included, is anti-American. Likewise, no general in Pakistan is anti-American. This aspect of Pakistan's leadership is the reason why it hasn't gotten closer to China. It's been a major liability for Beijing.

However, Beijing is realizing that for it to push back against the US' encirclement, it'll need to take the fight to the US in diplomacy and foreign relations. I think, eventually (5-10 years), we'll see a genuine pro-China camp or party in Pakistan. Whether they'll be effective or not is a different story, but China will have a public voice in Pakistan.

Last edited:
Ideotic thread. there should be no pro china or pro usa policy. there should be only pro pakistan policy. Time has come when we ask what has CPeC given to us. security wise it provided chinese guarrentes regarding kashmir. but economically, it would have worked if we have any industry to utilize it. It has resulted in the loan of 58billion usd + interest. and how are we going to give it back when cpec itself will earn nothing. Pakistanis will have to understand you can do much better without roads if you have sound policy. Roads alone will not industrialize you!

Edit - as @Tamerlane said " Shahbaz Gill’s remarks are from Dec 2017, before having any position in a PTI government."

This thread is VERY Mis-leading. I have some really strong negative views on China, US and some other countries. But this DOES NOT mean I am anti-China, anti-US or whatsoever. In fact I admire what they have achieved - achievements that a corruption filled Rulers of Pakistan aka the Pakistani Military can only dream of.

I am happy if PTI is pro west. Allies always wins. They always help each other. We must follow model of democracy rather than communism. Pro China policy is hurting Pakistan. We don't need China for new jets or for loans. CPEC was a mistake by Pakistan but a trap by China. China wants control of Pakistan to fight it's war against Allies. This is why i want Pakistan to stay away from China. United States is an old friend and true democracy. In any country, citizens should be given preference. A country must not behave like a kingdom of an individual. Communism is bad for Pakistan.

When has PTI or IK been anti-West or anti-US? This churan was sold to the West by this weasel Bajwa that IK is anti-US or anti-West. IK is neither however the difference between Imran's approach and that of the current lot is that IK wants relations on equal footing as he famously said "Our we the children of any lesser God"
I believe even the Americans realized this albeit too late and they did start making overtures toward Khan in the past month.

Edit - (in light of this I edited my title) as @Tamerlane said " Shahbaz Gill’s remarks are from Dec 2017, before having any position in a PTI government."
I don't what they would choose but if I am asked it should be middle path.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom