What's new

Will Iran enter to the war against Israel?

Remains to be seen if it will be implemented.

It is still widely believed that Iran is looking firmly towards Russia for a revitalization of its Air-Force although China would be the only other alternative.

Now how willing the Chinese would be to draw the immediate ire of Americans by providing Iran with advanced jets is not known but to be honest. They aren't going to start sacrificing billions of dollars in potential sanctions just to give Iran some jets, in my summation.
First option is more natural and strategic wise more sound but problem with that is russia can not deliver numbers and structure of their selling agreements.
If they are willing to sell you air fleet assets with local production i would go with them if not, China is more rational choice until you aviation industry matures enough for domestic solutions.
Russia is not reliable partner and beside fact that you extended them help i do not see that they are in rush to deepen defence relations with Iran.

Yep, that would be cold war kind of move by China to prop up main western "enemy".

Geopolitically speaking, America is no longer alone at the top of the food chain.

China has economic and military sway and can start doing things on the world stage if it wanted to. Russia is back (not Soviet levels but still a player) and Iran has managed to weather the storm thus far. What Events of the next decade, decade and a-half unfold will dictate how Russia-China-Iran view one another.

We know for certain now that Iran and Russia are strategic partners and fast becoming allies.

What happened with comprehensive agreement with China in amount of 500 bill usd, J-10 in large numbers would be qualitative quantum leap for Iran.
That was a very hyped MoU (mostly hyped by anti-Iran propaganda networks), not implemented as of yet. It's better to forget about the idea of Chinese military exports to Iran, China has no desire to pursue that.

It's the usual "Hamas should do this,Hamas should do that" and when it's time for Iran to defend Palestinians "Oh we just fight defensive wars,we didn't start this one,they started it on their own".

First option is more natural and strategic wise more sound but problem with that is russia can not deliver numbers and structure of their selling agreements.
If they are willing to sell you air fleet assets with local production i would go with them if not, China is more rational choice until you aviation industry matures enough for domestic solutions.
Russia is not reliable partner and beside fact that you extended them help i do not see that they are in rush to deepen defence relations with Iran.

Russia being an unreliable partner is (I hope) a thing of the past. The NATO war in Ukraine against the Russian Federation has revealed to Russian leadership that it has very few friends in the Collective West.

We can see that through this recent strategic partnership that has bore the fruit of Iranian drones being produced in Russia and used in Ukraine that Iran is or can be a friend one can rely on. So maybe the Russians will make good on their end to help Iran; as a strong/secure Iran is good for Russia overall.

Times have changed, that much is for certain.

It's the usual "Hamas should do this,Hamas should do that" and when it's time for Iran to defend Palestinians "Oh we just fight defensive wars,we didn't start this one,they started it on their own".
It's not Iran's duty to defend Palestinians any more than it is your duty to defend Israel on a daily basis. Hamas acts with autonomy and was never a major ally to Iran, although Iran still supports it with weapons in order to bleed Israel. Cope.

It's not Iran's duty to defend Palestinians any more than it is your duty to defend Israel on a daily basis. Hamas acts with autonomy and was never a major ally to Iran, although Iran still supports it with weapons in order to bleed Israel. Cope.
I'm sorry,but you it seems that you and Iran are trying to cope here. On one hand,you've been boasting for two decades all sorts of "Iran superpower" stuff and threatening Israel with literally destruction,annihilation,giving them warnings of harsh replies and publishing maps of Iranian missile targets in Israel and on the other hand,every time there's a chance to actually fucking do something,like in Syria or Gaza now for example,you've chickened. You've simply gone back and started barking,maybe fired a few missiles against American bases in Iraq or Syria and then stayed carefully back,while calling for Arabs to unite and fight against Zionist Israel oppression.

I think there is still a strong belief Iran and its relationship with regional proxies/allies is one of a "master and slave" dynamic. -- Clearly Iran supports regional resistance entities on both a ideological basis as well as practical basis but it does not wholly govern what they do. Yes, technically they are an asset but given what we've seen Hamas undertake. They're all still very much autonomous.

A shame that such an unsubstantiated narrative has permeated itself when it comes to regional Middle Eastern geopolitic discourse but I get it. To many it would seem that this is indeed the case.

On one hand,you've been boasting for two decades all sorts of "Iran superpower" stuff
Please substantiate this and show us where and how Iran has been claiming to be a "superpower" for two decades. Some Iranian officials make grandiose claims indeed but if you fall for every rhetorical boast then that's on you, not us. Try to be a bit more discerning and look at actions and what is unfolding in the region instead.

As for threats to Israel, I would say Iran has done a pretty good job of taking the war to Israel without having to fight it itself. But that's clearly beyond your limited capacity to understand.

Russia being an unreliable partner is (I hope) a thing of the past. The NATO war in Ukraine against the Russian Federation has revealed to Russian leadership that it has very few friends in the Collective West.

We can see that through this recent strategic partnership that has bore the fruit of Iranian drones being produced in Russia and used in Ukraine that Iran is or can be a friend one can rely on. So maybe the Russians will make good on their end to help Iran; as a strong/secure Iran is good for Russia overall.

Times have changed, that much is for certain.
I hope so, if so they can repeat on miniscale what they did with China in past lot of licences for various weapons with slice ingraved for potential sells to the friendly countries.
Iraq, Syria, Nigeria, Yemen coming to mind where you can re export locally made russian weapons.
They lack capacities and markets at the moment and struggle with civilian industry sector. Could work in theory but still wait for first concrete manifestation of it.

I think there is still a strong belief Iran and its relationship with regional proxies/allies is one of a "master and slave" dynamic. -- Clearly Iran supports regional resistance entities on both a ideological basis as well as practical basis but it does not wholly govern what they do. Yes, technically they are an asset but given what we've seen Hamas undertake. They're all still very much autonomous.

A shame that such an unsubstantiated narrative has permeated itself when it comes to regional Middle Eastern geopolitics but I get it. To many it would seem that this is indeed the case.
Hamas is probably the most rogue of these groups, and least close to Iran.

Iran has far more influence over Hezbollah, Syrian Resistance and PMU forces - which are all much more ideologically aligned with Iran than Hamas or even Ansarallah. Even these groups are autonomous but coordinate much more closely with Iran.

I'm sorry,but you it seems that you and Iran are trying to cope here. On one hand,you've been boasting for two decades all sorts of "Iran superpower" stuff and threatening Israel with literally destruction,annihilation,giving them warnings of harsh replies and publishing maps of Iranian missile targets in Israel and on the other hand,every time there's a chance to actually fucking do something,like in Syria or Gaza now for example,you've chickened. You've simply gone back and started barking,maybe fired a few missiles against American bases in Iraq or Syria and then stayed carefully back,while calling for Arabs to unite and fight against Zionist Israel oppression.

Bellicose rhetoric is a staple of the region. Various governmental and military officials will have the tendency to make such statements that are largely meant for internal consumption and aren't to be taken too seriously.

"Amir-Abdollahian also said that Iran was not responsible for Hamas’ attacks on Israel or any strikes in the region either against Israel or American forces in the area, including by Hezbollah, its close ally, in Lebanon." This is accurate.

So are you implying that when Hamas and Hezbollah act against what Iran calls an “occupying Zionist satanic regime”, Iran still blames Hamas for overstepping itself?

That’s going in circles and doesn’t make sense. Iran calls Israel an occupying regime and supports Hez and Hamas, but when those groups fight back Iran isn’t responsible to help?

In the Gaza thread you were saying that the Turkish sources saying Khamenei won’t help Hamas during Hamas’ leader visit is propaganda. So, which one is it?

Also, if Iran is “less aligned” to Hamas because of a dispute, the same could be said for the recent Hezbollah and Iran dispute.

First we should target them in occupied golan heights and southten Lebanon and then target all of their power plants , fuel storage and then shower then with shaheds
I.S.I doesn't have public support for getting involved directly in any conflict against zions and the westerns ...

they are going to lose even more of their credibility among iranians after incoming so called parliament election .

This is the best Hezbollah can do? I was expecting something big to prevent IDF invasion of Gaza.

Perhaps Hezbollah is finding out that it is not easy to fight Israel.

If this were true it would adopt a far more aggressive stance against it than it has so far. Both Hezbollah and Israel have some form of deterrence against escalation, neither side wants war.

Does not sounds like a side that is afraid. The ball is in Hezbollah's court.

US is advising Israel to let others make their move and respond accordingly.

How does this answer why you expect Iran to attack?

"Amir-Abdollahian also said that Iran was not responsible for Hamas’ attacks on Israel or any strikes in the region either against Israel or American forces in the area, including by Hezbollah, its close ally, in Lebanon." This is accurate.
Did he not assert that the invasion of Gaza is crossing Iranian red line?

Well?

Hamas is supported by Iran but is obviously less ideologically aligned and integral to the Axis of Resistance than other members. Hamas and Iran famously had a public dispute when Hamas took an anti-Syrian Government stance in 2012-2014.

I would prefer not to speak of Palestinian groups as "expendable" or not. Their objectives are sometimes aligned with those of Iran and they are heavily armed and funded by Iran as a result, but they act with complete autonomy.
These organizations do not seem to understand that they are expendable. Mahdi Army found out the hard way in Iraq. Hamas is finding out the hard way in the present. Hezbollah might find out the hard way too if it declare war on Israel and attack American ships.

Interesting strategy though. Create armed groups and motivate them to fight others and ruin many lives in the process while Iran watches from a distance and Iranians gloat about Iran being a superpower in forums. For how long, bro? You think that the Karma bus will not come for you at some point?

A US CSG 1000km+ from Iran's borders is very far from "easy" to "take out", as you know. Regardless, you suggested the US did something that crossed "The supposed red line of Hezbollah and Iran" - what is that?
I disagree. Iran can wipe out US Navy up to 4000 km away with its weapons but I see no action.

I don't see anyone claiming that. The US war machine is a behemoth and the Islamic Republic of Iran acts accordingly (and rationally), with a clear and strong aversion to (directly) fighting a war with the USA.
Tell this to other Iranian members.

You are addressing the wrong member here.

Back
Top Bottom