What's new

Will Iran enter to the war against Israel?

Hossein Amir-Abdollahian
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Iran :
View attachment 962698

Amir Abdullahian in response to the possibility of Iran entering to the war:

Every thing is possible , we cannot be indifferent to Israel crimes.

the possibility of pre-emptive action by the resistance axis is expected in the coming hours
Not just Iran but this is a war against Islam , the clash of cultures , the crusades , a race war all wrapped up into one, the Palestinians are just an excuse for Hitler type arrogance and hubris.

Last edited:
What you are describing is Iran attack US bases in Iraq first, US can invoke article 5 as that is defensive action, Turkey have to either comply or leave NATO. Leaving NATO with Iran overly powerful and US out of the region? Sure

Iraq is not a NATO Member
so NATO doesnt care about American bases in Iraq

USA can not invoke article 5 if Iran attack American bases in Iraq

Iraq is not a NATO Member

lol, they actually can

Article 5

“The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that, if such an armed attack occurs, each of them, in exercise of the right of individual or collective self-defence recognized by Article 51 of the Charter of the United Nations, will assist the Party or Parties so attacked by taking forthwith, individually and in concert with the other Parties, such action as it deems necessary, including the use of armed force, to restore and maintain the security of the North Atlantic area.

Any such armed attack and all measures taken as a result thereof shall immediately be reported to the Security Council. Such measures shall be terminated when the Security Council has taken the measures necessary to restore and maintain international peace and security.”

This article is complemented by Article 6, which stipulates:

Article 6

“For the purpose of Article 5, an armed attack on one or more of the Parties is deemed to include an armed attack:

• on the territory of any of the Parties in Europe or North America, on the Algerian Departments of France 2, on the territory of Turkey or on the Islands under the jurisdiction of any of the Parties in the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer;
  • on the forces, vessels, or aircraft of any of the Parties, when in or over these territories or any other area in Europe in which occupation forces of any of the Parties were stationed on the date when the Treaty entered into force or the Mediterranean Sea or the North Atlantic area north of the Tropic of Cancer.”
US Force stationed in area north of the Topic of Cancer in the Mediterranean (Which is where Iraq was) is covered by NATO article 6.

Nothing will happen. Why would Iran risk so much for Gaza?
This is all to divert world's attention away from Russia. I think Iran and Russia is working together on this new mischief.

a more practical issue is where would Iran jump off with Israel?

Iran does not share a border with Israel, Israel only have border with Lebanon, Syria Egypt and Jordan, and Iran have either Turkey or Iraq to go thru before they can reach Syria, i seriously doubt Turkey will let Iran transit thru their territories, and Iraq is littered with US forces there, any movement there will alert Israel before even their force left Iran. And I doubt even Iraq government would allow Iran to transit thru their territories to get to Syria or Lebanon

The other way they can go is go all the way up Red Sea into the Med, which was controlled by NATO, it's going to take them ages and not guarantee they aren't going to be blockaded before entering the med. There are no practical way for them to heavily involved, other than firing missile from their off.

Any war between Iran and Israel has to be a ground war because Israel have unparallel advantage on their Air Force (Seriously we are talking about latest version of F-15E, F-16 and F-35 against Migs F-14 and F-5) and you are talking about launching strike into Israel with these legacy platforms, that's more or less suicidal, and you have to have way to deliver your troop and armour to the battlefield if you want to be a part of it, and I don't see how Iran can do it unless either Turkey or Iraq open their border for them to f with Israel, I just don't see how this would happen.

I agree with your points. I didn't say Iran would invade Israel with their army. If Iran and Israel go to war, Nato will 100% attack Iran from the ocean, using missiles and fighter jets, Israel will send 100s of fighter jets to bomb Iran. Iran can only respond by firing missiles at Israel and via Hizbollah. Iran airforce and navy is out of date. I doubt their air defense would be effective against 100s of Nato and Israeli jets.

This is why Iran needs nukes to survive. They also need submarines capable of firing ICBM, MIRV missiles, a strong airforce so its the first line of defence, you cannot allow enemy aircrafts in your air space to destroy them.

Imagine a few iranian ballistic missiles hit Tel Aviv killings 1000s, you think Israel will not nuke Tehran. I believe they would use devastating power on Iran.

And that can involve Pakistan in this as well if it gets to Iran.
But Israel going against Iran is nothing like Israel going against Palestine and other arab nations. Iran doesn't have nukes but they are advanced in many other aspects of military. Their missiles and drone tech is a threat to Israel.

Pakistan will never join, unless China joins the war.

lol, they actually can

Article 5

“The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that"

Iraq is not in NATO
wth are American forces doing in Iraq ?

then Turkiye also can invoke article 5 when Russia-Iran-SAA attacked Turkish Forces in Idlib/Syria

even when Turkiye shot down Russian Fighter Jet in 2015 treacherous USA said this is between Turkiye and Russia

US Force stationed in area north of the Topic of Cancer in the Mediterranean (Which is where Iraq was) is covered by NATO article 6.

Iraq is nothing to do with the Mediterranean
and this nothing to do with NATO article 6

not NATO but only USA and The UK Forces stationed in Iraq

Last edited:
Nope they might use their proxies but I doubt they'll enter any conventional war. America is just too powerful for anyone to go against in an conventional war. Their carrier fleets carry more firepower than most nation's entire air force strengths.

Well I hope current status of no war would be maintained and no more war take place as it could easily turn into a regional war with potential of becoming the next world war but as it seems war is inevitable. The fact is nothing has remained intact of the so-called Ben-Gurion’s defense doctrine "three principles" which are deterrence, early warning, and offensive power and bibi needs to restore them. So its a critical time either they attack Gaze strip or not, that thin line makes a lot of differences in the future of the region. isreal weak-point is extension of the duration of conflict and bringing the fight to inside Israel’s borders something that have been always avoided by them as they have always been the aggressor and happend in this war . On the other hand this time there are more than one front, it's gonna be a multi-front warfare by tenfold of fire.
It is the time that we could see how much humanity have come forward within a century since WW1 ... would international community, the UN and western countries do justice to Palestine put pressure on isreal to recognize Palestine and their right to exist, self-determination, right to return and having a state or as it said they would cling to the old order. which the later is not gonna be a sustainable solution as Palestinian have already fed up of this oppression and injustice.

As Yaser Arafat said back in 1974 in th UN:

"...Today I have come bearing an olive branch and a freedom-fighter's gun. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. I repeat: do not let the olive branch fall from my hand. War flares up in Palestine, and yet it is in Palestine that peace will be born..."​

Anyway Iran has made it more & more clear on daily basis, it's just realeased:
1697533301633.png

The Leader said Israeli bombardments of Gaza must stop immediately.

In my opinion Iran needs to activate hezbollah or intervene in some way or the other. I disagree how they are not intervening now when more than 2000 lives have been lost but they decided to rain down missiles over one person( qasim solaimani)

Article 5

“The Parties agree that an armed attack against one or more of them in Europe or North America shall be considered an attack against them all and consequently they agree that"

Iraq is not in NATO
wth are American forces doing in Iraq ?

then Turkiye also can invoke article 5 when Russia-Iran-SAA attacked Turkish Forces in Idlib/Syria

even when Turkiye shot down Russian Fighter Jet in 2015 treacherous USA said this is between Turkiye and Russia

Iraq is nothing to do with the Mediterranean
and this nothing to do with NATO article 6

not NATO but only USA and The UK Forces stationed in Iraq
Iraq is in the area, as described "Mediterranean or North Atlantic above the Tropic of Cancer"

And Turkey did invoke Article 4 and in talks with NATO and they did not explicitly say Turkey cannot invoke Article 5, in fact, turkey did ask NATO on said question, denoting there are way to invoke Article 5, otherwise those question would have been rejected outright (instead of not being answered)

Ankara said earlier it would ask its NATO allies to invoke Article 5 to help secure Turkey's border against threats from Syria.

I agree with your points. I didn't say Iran would invade Israel with their army. If Iran and Israel go to war, Nato will 100% attack Iran from the ocean, using missiles and fighter jets, Israel will send 100s of fighter jets to bomb Iran. Iran can only respond by firing missiles at Israel and via Hizbollah. Iran airforce and navy is out of date. I doubt their air defense would be effective against 100s of Nato and Israeli jets.

This is why Iran needs nukes to survive. They also need submarines capable of firing ICBM, MIRV missiles, a strong airforce so its the first line of defence, you cannot allow enemy aircrafts in your air space to destroy them.

Imagine a few iranian ballistic missiles hit Tel Aviv killings 1000s, you think Israel will not nuke Tehran. I believe they would use devastating power on Iran.

Pakistan will never join, unless China joins the war.
Missile won't cause 1000s casualty. I mean if you hit a confined target such as concert hall or sport hall, maybe, but generally Missile don't really have that much destruction power. On the other hand, you probably going to be able to do it once, because once Iran did that i am pretty sure Israeli Air Force will be descent into Iran and looking for those Ballistic missile like the Scud Hunt we did in the Gulf War.

And I seriously doubt Iran can ever get nuclear weapon, I mean, if Israel think Hamas now is existential threat, they probably would nuke Iran if they came close to enriching those Uranium cake at 90%, a requirement for anyone to make nuclear weapons. Well, probably not, most likely to be a massive airstrike or covert ops.

Back
Top Bottom