What's new

Will IK and PTI be able to find the courage of "Go Altaf Go" and "Oay Altaf" in Karachi?

NS ki shalwar geli karnay chalay thay, karachi aakay apni shalwar geli hogai

hehehehehe

Perhaps.
But why needle the Army over Musharraf? He is not a political threat to anyone. It must be NS's personal and stupid vengeance for 1999. IF we must go the route of 'accountability' then I'd say let's start from 1977--and that date is important because before that Zia had thoroughly brutalized PPP. There can't be accountability of Musharraf only. Besides, it will give another Martyr Bugti to Pakistan except this time it will be the Urdu speakers who will alienate.
I think Musharraf's survival is keeping attaching himself with the army. Its Musharraf and his merry men who had been speaking all over the media that "Army is angry at Musharraf being trailed", "Army won't take kindly to this" etc etc. And more importantly, Musharraf himself has been shying away from pursuing his case which shows his weakened stance. Plus if the deeds of Musharraf are owned by the army then this ownership will have to be taken retrospectively, army will also have to own Ayub,Yahya,Zia, Hameed.Kakar and all its Ex-servicemen. For example, the Musharraf's merry men were quick to defend him on media but when Ch Shujat smashed allegations at Ex COAS Kayani, none of these rose up to defend him. These people have their own agenda and using the institution of armed forces for their personal benefits.

You forgot to include army among them :lol:
Yep perhaps that's why MQM is yet to congratulate DG-ISI and new CCs :)

A fresh start is good, but it will never be possible until and unless Pakistan exorcises this demon from its past and present once and for all by doing what I have suggested. The judges were arm twisted, just like the rest of the nation by these criminals.

I am afraid I don't agree with you on this: Musharraf is being singled out and that is obvious that it is NS's vengeance that is the sold culprit. Also, some judges had the honor to resign rather than 'arm twisted'. People with weak moral characters had not right to occupy the highest offices of justice.
Again, I say, the 2013 elections gave a wonderful chance of a 'fresh start'. Pakistanis need to resolve the faults in electioneering, let the system continue till 2018, and a stern warning to be given to all--including this thug Imran Khan--that there is a fresh start, a sort of new code of conduct being introduced. Come prepared in 2018.

PS. There is an article by Jehangir Ashraf Qazi in today's Dawn. Basically even that veteran and brilliant diplomat is so dejected by the current political environment that he is suggesting salvaging anything in Kashmir while Pakistan can. He seems to gave given up on Pakistan. That topic requires a separate thread as a cost of the current thug generated crisis.

I am afraid I don't agree with you on this: Musharraf is being singled out and that is obvious that it is NS's vengeance that is the sold culprit. Also, some judges had the honor to resign rather than 'arm twisted'. People with weak moral characters had not right to occupy the highest offices of justice.
Again, I say, the 2013 elections gave a wonderful chance of a 'fresh start'. Pakistanis need to resolve the faults in electioneering, let the system continue till 2018, and a stern warning to be given to all--including this thug Imran Khan--that there is a fresh start, a sort of new code of conduct being introduced. Come prepared in 2018.

PS. There is an article by Jehangir Ashraf Qazi in today's Dawn. Basically even that veteran and brilliant diplomat is so dejected by the current political environment that he is suggesting salvaging anything in Kashmir while Pakistan can. He seems to gave given up on Pakistan. That topic requires a separate thread as a cost of the current thug generated crisis.

I can respect your different opinion without agreeing with it. We both do agree that a fresh start is important, however it is achieved.

One point, perhaps of long term consequences, is the debt Imran Khan should owe to Altaf Hussain: Had AH decided to tackle IK in Karachi like AH did the judges/IK in May 2007 then there would be not only violence but also IK simply would not have have been able to hold a demo; such is the disruptive power of AH. Sindh govt would stand idle.
The support by AH has given a new lease of life to the sagging fortunes of the thugs. A failed Karachi show would have been very bad for IK.
The game is still on. But I think IK's star has risen a bit since this Karachi show.

Back
Top Bottom