What's new

Will IAF have an edge over PAF in advanced air weaponry?

mundaus

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Will IAF have an edge over PAF with the introduction of more Su-30MK-I’s, Mirage 2000-H, and Mig-29’s with latest air weaponry?

Any comments?

They are hardly IAFs new weaponary.

SU30MKI has been in service since 2004 and there are 5 squadrons in service nearly 100 planes.

Mirage 2000 & mig29 have been in service since the late 1980s and both are going for MLU..

The new weaponary is the

Phalcon AWACS which arrived in January

LCA which is due for IOC next year

And the big one MRCA with Rafael & F18SH the front runners of 126 order for a new meduim war plane entering service 2011-2012

But till than Paksitan will also have more options like f 16 BLk 52, j 10, JF 17 and any one from Rafale, Mirage 2000 0 or J 11.

PAF is more alert and aware of the developments of the indian air force and they will do their best to maintain their fleet to face the indian jet fighters.

What about the Gripens ??? about this aircraft ?? and its performance ???

Pakistan should go for Rafale, Mirage, J10 super etc

i dontkno about future PAF hardware but in reality (now adays about IAF deals) IAF will get most advance fighters as compare to pakistan i dontkno about the delivery of F16 blk 50/52 and old F16s MLU is nuthing as compare to Su30 and about new IAF deals like F18, Mig35, maybe Rafale ... IAF much superior to PAF soon. What pakistan ?? in future chines weapons thats it with no proper war result jets like J10, New Jf17 (no history no record). F18, su series rafale and F16IN (if India F16 by chance). look IAF weapons (American, European and Russian Top weapons) as compare to future Pakistan (Chines) weapons. (Thats the fact)

Last edited:
But till than Paksitan will also have more options like f 16 BLk 52, j 10, JF 17 and any one from Rafale, Mirage 2000 0 or J 11.

Sorry dude but there is no way Pakistan can get the Rafale or Mirage 2000 aircraft.
Mirage 2000- where would they buy these. The UAE is getting rid of about 60 of these and trading them in for the Rafale but they will most likely go to India as a stop gap measure for their dwindling squadron levels. If france wants the contract as badly as they do they will transfer the mirages to India.
Rafale- too expensive, Pakistan is already committed to the JF-17 and J-10 doesn't have the money for the Rafale.
J11- Might be able to acquire it from china but whats the point all of the defense roles are filled by the J-10, JF-17 and F-16

The unfortunate truth is that the MRCA is going to tilt the balance of power dramatically if the Super Hornet (ridiculous weapons package), Rafale or Eurofighter (best A2A fighter after Raptor) as they are the three most advanced 4.5 gen aircraft. These are the only three with a chance of winning it IMO

Last edited:
Hi,

Pakistani options will not come close to what the IAF has now and what it is going to get in the future.

In the last 20 years---PAF has made extremely bad choices---one worst than the others. The head start that they have given to the IAF since the 90's, is going to broaden over the years.They had a great oppurtunity to go for the Qatari mirages 2000's in the early 2000 and they bungled that oppurtunity---then they took their merry time deciding what new aircraft they want to buy----and they floundered on that as well---now that the mumbai bombings took place----and the General / Air Marshall is running over to china to procure new aircraft---DEJA VU all over again---the delivery of F 7 PG scenario during kargil.

PAF behind the 8 ball---all the time.

They had a great opportunity to go for the Qatari mirages 2000's in the early 2000 and they bungled that opportunity
It didn't get bungled up; Qatar wanted an ungodly amount for the Mirage 2000's. I believe it would have been almost the same amount to have new ones built instead of procuring them from Qatar. They waited too long though.

Hi,

Pakistani options will not come close to what the IAF has now and what it is going to get in the future.

In the last 20 years---PAF has made extremely bad choices---one worst than the others. The head start that they have given to the IAF since the 90's, is going to broaden over the years.They had a great oppurtunity to go for the Qatari mirages 2000's in the early 2000 and they bungled that oppurtunity---then they took their merry time deciding what new aircraft they want to buy----and they floundered on that as well---now that the mumbai bombings took place----and the General / Air Marshall is running over to china to procure new aircraft---DEJA VU all over again---the delivery of F 7 PG scenario during kargil.

Exactly dude.. I am fedup with this statement "Men behind machine". When ever we see IAF go advance more and more with top generation fighters we always use this statement "we will bla bla with IAf.. men behind machine bla bla bla" is that mean Aircraft is nuthing? the pilot is on firee always... This is not reality. Reality is IAF much superior and superior soon as well and we are going down n down n down...

we dont have money for buying new jets... we dont have money for buying advance hardware for any field... we dont have money for making bridges flyovers roads.. we dont have money for refugeez

BUT YES WE HAVE MONEY FOR Govt for buying Helicopters for govt. YES WE HAVE MONEY for buying brand new and latest Mercedes. YES WE HAVE MONEY for our ministers furnishd homes. BUT UNFORTUNTLY WE DONT HAVE MONEY FOR buying anything (such things who secure our country).

WHAT A NICE statement "WE DONT HAVE MONEY"

Last edited:
Exactly dude.. I am fedup with this statement "Men behind machine". When ever we see IAF go advance more and more with top generation fighters we always use this statement "we will bla bla with IAf.. men behind machine bla bla bla" is that mean Aircraft is nuthing? the pilot is on firee always... This is not reality. Reality is IAF much superior and superior soon as well and we are going down n down n down...

we dont have money for buying new jets... we dont have money for buying advance hardware for any field... we dont have money for making bridges flyovers roads.. we dont have money for refugeez

BUT YES WE HAVE MONEY FOR Govt for buying Helicopters for govt. YES WE HAVE MONEY for buying brand new and latest Mercedes. YES WE HAVE MONEY for our ministers furnishd homes. BUT UNFORTUNTLY WE DONT HAVE MONEY FOR buying anything (such things who secure our country).

what a crazy guy. :lol:

and yes man behind the machine does matter!

what a crazy guy. :lol:

and yes man behind the machine does matter!

I agreed but just 40 % in front of me ...

F7 VS mig29 ???? (how much men behind and how much aircraft techno behind) btw dog fight of these 2 jets (for example).

Will IAF have an edge over PAF with the introduction of more Su-30MK-I’s, Mirage 2000-H, and Mig-29’s with latest air weaponry?

Any comments?

Yes of course. Can u race a 1981 model Datsun 120 Y with a brand new Toyota Altis VVTI??? WHo do u think will win?

Sorry dude but there is no way Pakistan can get the Rafale or Mirage 2000 aircraft.
Mirage 2000- where would they buy these. The UAE is getting rid of about 60 of these and trading them in for the Rafale but they will most likely go to India as a stop gap measure for their dwindling squadron levels. If france wants the contract as badly as they do they will transfer the mirages to India.
Rafale- too expensive, Pakistan is already committed to the JF-17 and J-10 doesn't have the money for the Rafale.
J11- Might be able to acquire it from china but whats the point all of the defense roles are filled by the J-10, JF-17 and F-16

The unfortunate truth is that the MRCA is going to tilt the balance of power dramatically if the Super Hornet (ridiculous weapons package), Rafale or Eurofighter (best A2A fighter after Raptor) as they are the three most advanced 4.5 gen aircraft. These are the only three with a chance of winning it IMO

True

Hi,

Well its a fact that we do not have money. 2ndly no one in the western world is willing to sell us the fighters except China. European fighters are so expensive that its like "na dain al gaal".

But i think Pakistani army is well aware of that fact and is concentrating more on its missiles then aircraft. In case of war i think Pakistan's strategy will be to fire missiles at Indian air bases and ships,give the fact that Pakistani missiles are quite accurate.

However, in case of intelligence failure we will be in deep u know what.

I agreed but just 40 % in front of me ...

F7 VS mig29 ???? (how much men behind and how much aircraft techno behind) btw dog fight of these 2 jets (for example).

:lol: you never stop to amuse us.

200 or so F-7p/pg vs 50 mig-29 is manageable, however this threat will slowly neutralized when we induct 50 JF-17 70 F-16 and 36 FC-20 with AMRAAM, MICA, SD-10 supported by AEW&CS in 2-2.5 years.

Yes of course. Can u race a 1981 model Datsun 120 Y with a brand new Toyota Altis VVTI??? WHo do u think will win?

what the fudge is this! your analogy just simply sucks!

you see this??? thats what we call F-16 MLU M3 and it will be 2nd 3rd most advance fighter in south asia. just do a lil more research before you come up with such lame posts.

friends i just came across this article in the indian defence section of this forum that indian defence purchases till 2010 will touch 30 billion and a majority of the share wil go the air force then the navy considering this it looks a brighter picture for iaf as they can race ahread in terms of technology and numbers.
considering indias recent purchase of new fighters pakistan should go in for a highly developed and technologically superior air defence system which can target these aircrafts efficiently.

thanx

Back
Top Bottom