What's new

Why was the Awami League not allowed to form government in 1971?

Well you are just putting phrase to discard my point. Money was not spent on those areas of your as NWFP, Sindh, and Baluchistan and not for human development. Money were going to the elites of W. Pakistan, they even started building Islamabad. Also money was spent on Army which has no presence in E. Pakistan. There were wholesale protest against 22 famillies in Pakistan (who were they)?
Again I say, those spending were not transparent to the people of E. Pakistan and were hugely controversial. Political parties as always try to exploit those situtation and thats how politics is all about.

Sylhet is the land of great saint Shah Jalal and religious epicenter of BD. They are more religious and use different dialectic than main stream Bangla. Sylheti live in aboard send billions and their contribution is immense in development of Bd yet Sylhet lack of infrastructure compare to Dhaka. It bless with natural beauty with from lavish tea gardens to rice field to small and large mountain scape. if federal government directed it attention toward sylhet after separation than it could have become attractive tourist destination in SA. Sylheti face discriminatory remarks form other regions of BD because they are more Islamic minded and use different dialectic. There hasn't been any prime minster or president from sylhet since the independence. Sylhet can sustain it economy without any help from Fed.

Why Fed spend billions in improvement of Dhaka when Sylhet contribute more economically than other part of BD?

Should sylheti be revolt against Fed out of frustration and ask for separation because they have been ignored and discriminated by other part of BD or discuss for the sake of national unity?

In case Sylheti revolt today than do you think bd army will stay quiet and lick their fingers while country goes down the hell or will they bring devastation to the region for being rebellious?

Shed some light here with wise logic....:D:pop:

Last edited:
Sylheti face discriminatory remarks form other regions of BD because they are more Islamic minded and use different dialectic.

Not more than Noakhailas,:lol:No need to mention how people of Noakhali are into Islam,which in some case excess,I mean sometimes they become blind followers.(the noakhailas are also known for being cunning ;)) .I know because my parents are from there,thankfully they are not blind on religion.

About your post comparing Syleht with East Pakistan,it would be interesting to hear the reply from Iasdani as he is also a Sylehti.:coffee::pop:

Not more than Noakhailas,:lol:

About your post comparing Syleht with East Pakistan,it would be interesting to hear the reply from Iasdani as he is also a Sylehti

You are rite. I feel sorry for you guys some time but funny though....:lol::rofl:

I gave up on Iajdani. He will come up with something interesting though.:coffee:

Well you are not comparing Apple to Apple. W. Pak did honor Bangla as the state language even from the very begining as like as India but not the official language of Federal Pakistan. They insisted Urdu be the only official language of whole Pakistan which were unacceptable to Bengalis. Later they accepted and Urdu/Bengali/English was made as official language of Pakistan.

In India Hindi/English is the official language not the other ones.
Probably I am not. So I will conclude this way based on the similarities. Correct me here...

In the case of India people tried to avoid recognition for English as official language which was unacceptable for other language people. In doing so they bunched many languages into Hindi and convinced the speakers into accepting their languages as dialects of Hindi.
Languages with official status in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only after giving recognition under the constitution did the language movements in India subside. Technically this recognition means that if any citizen wants to apply for any examination or talk before the parliamentary houses(in this case if he cannot speak in Hindi or English), he is entitled to use any of these languages which for all practical purposes means they have the status of what you are calling 'official language'.

Back when India was born they decided that in 15 years from then only Hindi(not even English included) will be used throughout India for official purposes. How bad was that? I guess this was the case with East Bengal also... (?) The same discontent among people resulted in English and Bengali getting accepted as official languages in the then Pakistan. Am I being correct here?

Anyway now all Indians are happy to speak in English. But nowhere in south India will you find Hindi being used in official documentation.

Probably I am not. So I will conclude this way based on the similarities. Correct me here...

In the case of India people tried to avoid recognition for English as official language which was unacceptable for other language people. In doing so they bunched many languages into Hindi and convinced the speakers into accepting their languages as dialects of Hindi.

Only after giving recognition under the constitution did the language movements in India subside. Technically this recognition means that if any citizen wants to apply for any examination or talk before the parliamentary houses(in this case if he cannot speak in Hindi or English), he is entitled to use any of these languages which for all practical purposes means they have the status of what you are calling 'official language'.

Back when India was born they decided that in 15 years from then only Hindi(not even English included) will be used throughout India for official purposes. How bad was that? I guess this was the case with East Bengal also... (?) The same discontent among people resulted in English and Bengali getting accepted as official languages in the then Pakistan. Am I being correct here?

Anyway now all Indians are happy to speak in English. But nowhere in south India will you find Hindi being used in official documentation.

On a tour to Bharat, my dad saw signs in Hindi blackened out, in places like railway stations in the south. So I guess, there must be a feeling of resentment against Northerners...although not very strong.

I'm getting way off topic here, sowwy.

Sylhet is the land of great saint Shah Jalal and religious epicenter of BD. They are more religious and use different dialectic than main stream Bangla. Sylheti live in aboard send billions and their contribution is immense in development of Bd yet Sylhet lack of infrastructure compare to Dhaka. It bless with natural beauty with from lavish tea gardens to rice field to small and large mountain scape. if federal government directed it attention toward sylhet after separation than it could have become attractive tourist destination in SA. Sylheti face discriminatory remarks form other regions of BD because they are more Islamic minded and use different dialectic. There hasn't been any prime minster or president from sylhet since the independence. Sylhet can sustain it economy without any help from Fed.

Why Fed spend billions in improvement of Dhaka when Sylhet contribute more economically than other part of BD?

Should sylheti be revolt against Fed out of frustration and ask for separation because they have been ignored and discriminated by other part of BD or discuss for the sake of national unity?

In case Sylheti revolt today than do you think bd army will stay quiet and lick their fingers while country goes down the hell or will they bring devastation to the region for being rebellious?

Shed some light here with wise logic....:D:pop:

You gave up on me!!!! you just hurt my feelings bro.... You should at least find something that you should look for in my posts... Anyways my bad... :undecided:

Regarding Sylhet.. My best subject, let me try...

Why do you think, the finance ministers are always come from Sylhet? Thats because govt wants some sylhety to write the cheques as it was their money... Also someway they try to find 3 to 4 ministers from sylhet all the time. That does not mean we dont have any discontent, but largely reduced by those actions... :enjoy:

That two nation theory was adopted by overwhelming bengalis not because they can create a fanatic Pakistan but to get rid of Hindu Jamindar's repression. Now my question is why that enthusiasm just vanished in Fog???

If you carry a Bangladeshi passport than I am sure it identify you as Bangladeshi national rather than Bengali. Zia-ur-Rehman introduced it based on two-nation theory just like Pakistani because there are Hindus and other minority lives in both of our nations. So there for your claim has no base what so ever. Changed it first and than come and talk. Think deep before answer.

Well Pakistan came into existence through the struggle of those hindu cultured muslims. That is how we are and that is how we be proud of. Thats the uniqueness made us different and have an independent country with self respect and prosperity.

Yes, sure if you like us to believe. Translation of Arabic name "Abdul Rehman" is "Doyal Das" in Bangla yet I haven't neither encounter a Muslim named "doyal das" nor a Hindu named "Abdul Rehman" even though it wouldn’t changed ones religious believe but core ingredient to distinguish or differentiate two person coming from two different religious back ground or culture. Nabi karim SAW originated from Arab so therefore whoever follow Sunnah he or she would have some Arabic culture in them with respect from the heart. You my friend clearly lack on that area. It wouldn't hurt you to embrace Islamic culture if you are to become a true Muslim. Would it??

The status of Bengali that people wanted was the official language of whole pakistan alongside Urdu. Which will ensure that Bengali will be spoken in parliament, all official document like currency passport etc must bear bengali. That is what actually accepted in 1956 even though I dont know whether they had any mechanism to teach Bangla in W. Pakistan in the school. I doubt it was. I am also not sure, whether they had anything in school in E. Pakistan where they could teach Urdu as well.

Urdu was not a language altogether rather a sub fraction of Hindi with few more words from Arabic and Farsi with arabic alphabet.

Urdu belong to no particular group or region in Subcontinent because it was joint effort by all religious and prominent Muslim from all back ground in sub continent to crate a common language that will serve the Muslim. Presence of Farsi, Arabic,Turkish and other local dialectics enforced the idea with Arabic scripture. Dhaka has significant influence on development of Urdu. It's neutral language so therefor it belong to all Muslim in SA except of course people like you.:lol::lol:

Not more than Noakhailas,:lol:No need to mention how people of Noakhali are into Islam,which in some case excess,I mean sometimes they become blind followers.(the noakhailas are also known for being cunning ;)) .I know because my parents are from there,thankfully they are not blind on religion.

About your post comparing Syleht with East Pakistan,it would be interesting to hear the reply from Iasdani as he is also a Sylehti.:coffee::pop:

Did you read "Lal Shalu"???? The famous novell.... The subject matter was based on Noakhali's religious prejudice... Anyways its off topic, I already replied about Sylhet in Jakir's post...

The status of Bengali that people wanted was the official language of whole pakistan alongside Urdu. Which will ensure that Bengali will be spoken in parliament, all official document like currency passport etc must bear bengali. That is what actually accepted in 1956 even though I dont know whether they had any mechanism to teach Bangla in W. Pakistan in the school. I doubt it was. I am also not sure, whether they had anything in school in E. Pakistan where they could teach Urdu as well.

I'd just like to mention that Pakistani bank notes did have Bengali written on them, as well as coins, Passport. I've seen pictures myself, as well as some old collections of my dad. Stamps too, mind you.

Urdu belong to no particular group or region in Subcontinent because it was joint effort by all religious and prominent Muslim from all back ground in sub continent to crate a common language that will serve the Muslim. Presence of Farsi, Arabic,Turkish and other local dialectics enforced the idea with Arabic scripture. Dhaka has significant influence on development of Urdu. It's neutral language so therefor it belong to all Muslim in SA except of course people like you.:lol::lol:

Are you writing your own history now???? Where did you get that religious people created Urdu??? It was the creation of Turks only to rule India. And where did you find Dhaka was involved in developing that language???? It was not a natural language for Bengalis unless they would have forgotten Bengali started speaking Urdu. Infact I only heard Urdu (which in fact Hindi but they try to sell that as Urdu) in Bihari camp in Mohammedpur.

joint effort by all religious and prominent Muslim from all back ground in sub continent to crate a common language that will serve the Muslim.

All religious people created Urdu only to serve Muslim...... hahahahaha
Is there any other people other than Muslim around here??? I like to hear your comments...

Last edited:
Are you writing your own history now???? Where did you get that religious people created Urdu??? It was the creation of Turks only to rule India. And where did you find Dhaka was involved in developing that language???? It was not a natural language for Bengalis unless they would have forgotten Bengali started speaking Urdu. Infact I only heard Urdu (which in fact Hindi but they try to sell that as Urdu) in Bihari camp in Mohammedpur.

The last part of your post betrayed some prejudice in you.

LInguists are clear that HIndi is in fact a dialect of Urdu, as Hindi literature is very recent, while Urdu has been established since the times of the late Mughals.

The turks did not create urdu, although Urdu is a turkish word that means 'lashkar' or army. This is because the language first came about in the military encampments of Bharat, where Indian, Arabic, Persian, Turkish, Afghan and other soldiers mingled and was based on grammar from a late neo-pakrit language that has ceased to be spoken.

This language later so impressed the late Mughal rulers, that it was adopted as their 'darbaar' language, and many poets and intellectuals started using it. The British also chose this as the official language of business for Northern India.

It was a 'muslim' language, in teh sense that it was the language created from a fusion of muslim influence upon local grammar, and was adopted by muslim rulers and aristocracy, poets and Scholars of religion and jurisprudence.

Almost all Islamic scholarship in India had been in either FArsi, and later Urdu. This fact cannot be denied. And the influence of Urdu on the Bengali language of Bangladesh is undeniable, and only someone of a prejudiced bent would seek to avoid this truth.

Urdu is not my mother tongue, nor the mother tongue of more than 90 percent of Pakistanis. Yet we accept it as our National language, because it unifies us in our identity and shared history, of Islam and Northern Subcontinent.

If Bengali is removed from Urdu, then what of Pashto, Baluchi, Balti, Kohistani? They are even further removed, grammatically speaking, from Urdu.

And Baluchis, Pashtuns, Sindhis, do not take any less pride in their language than you do.

Sorry I am not a linguistic expert but our Islamic history is quite different than that of other part of sub continent. Thats the fact. Also Bangladesh represents the epi center of whole Bengali speaking people starting from Orissya to NE. Bengal never co related Islam with language. Islam did enrich Bangla a great deal and you will find no less arabic and farsi word in Bangla. Also Islam did influenced a great deal in Bangla literature as well as other religion which have their own share. A hindu writer dont hesitate to write some muslim novell neither a muslim poet never hesitate to write some purely hindu religious songs (example famous Nazrul). This is the strength of this language and the affluence it bears made it hard to give up on that language be it Hindu or Muslim. Bangla did not develop in the last millenium but for the last thousands of years. Back to Urdu, yes it does fit in the context of W. Pakistani culture as you guys are the most close to that language after people around Lucknow and some part of Delhi. But it did not go through Bengal, which should be fine now as Bangladesh is a free country and became the center for Bangla language and literature which was Calcutta before. So many works had been done only on 1971 war, it might take a person to be born 3 times to finish them, just to give you an example.

Sorry I am not a linguistic expert but our Islamic history is quite different than that of other part of sub continent. Thats the fact.

Now you are talking baloney because you are not rite frame of your mind. If Bangla language is so significant to religious affair than how do you explain the usage of Urdu and Farsi in Madrasah and higher Islamic education in Bangladesh til now.

But it did not go through Bengal, which should be fine now as Bangladesh is a free country and became the center for Bangla language and literature which was Calcutta before. So many works had been done only on 1971 war, it might take a person to be born 3 times to finish them, just to give you an example.

you and Awami league proudly express love for bangla languge and bengali culture. You patronize it by refused to say "Allahhu Akbar" or "Bangladesh zindabad" because you may hurt your fellow Hindu brothers. you are here so proudly expressing your love for Bangla language and I would have respect you if you are to follow it with genuine believe. Your beloved party name "Awami league". "Awami" comes from the word "Awam" which is Urdu and "league" is either English, Latin or may even Arabic. So where is the love for Bangla, iajdani??? Try to implement your believe by action rather than talk that make no sense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom