What's new

Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting question:
How much percentage of technology available in the world is actually War driven?
I know it's difficult to trace but u can give it a shot.

Its very hard to put a percentage

Internet was invented for military communications
GPS was invented for dropping JDAM and Ballistic Missiles
Ballistic missiles were invented for war and are now used for launching satellites.
Jet engine was invented for a fighter aircraft
Night vision was invented for special forces by Nazi Germany
UAVs were invented for ISR but now they are used for monitoring disaster and crops.
Helicopters were invented for dropping troops but now also used for disaster relief and transport.
Light weight materials we use everyday were also invented for military use
Canned food was invented for shock troops
Water proof clothing was invented for naval sailors and divers
Radar was invented for air defense, now used for air traffic control.
Jeep was invented for military
HUMMER was also invented for military

Its very hard to put a percentage
Jeep was invented for military
HUMMER was also invented for military
Thats a vehicle whose primary use was for transportation and then over the period of time they were developed to be used in War...Even the ships, i guess.

Thats a vehicle whose primary use was for transportation and then over the period of time they were developed to be used in War...Even the ships, i guess.

Actually Jeeps are traced all the way back to WW-II with US military.

Actually Jeeps are traced all the way back to WW-II with US military.
I am not particularly saying jeep(it's a technologically advance variant of vehicle) but the first vehicle which was invented for transportation purpose in mind and later on it was used in war too.
So the point is, it's a technological invention which was not driven by war.
you are right about waterproof clothing
How raincoat is made - material, manufacture, making, history, used, parts, procedure, steps, industry, machine, History, Raw Materials, Design, The Manufacturing Process of raincoat

Chinese military is only a paper dragon.

2014.12 China Navy already own 23x DDGs + 65x FFGs

Welcome to taste DRAGON FIRE ! :coffee:
ad0d338744eaf8acd5.jpg

Last edited:
Right..
Compare with US military force, any other army in the world is paper dragon..
Yet China`s tactic is protect economy from US military
China does not want to control the world.
Let US to do it with its own money..

I don't think it's the fact. It's true Buddha originated from India. They spoke in Sanskrit at that time. According to pilgrim's writings, dozens of nations in Sub-Himalayas still believe in Buddha in 7th century.

China don't have to challenge the super power America, economy is still primary Sino-goal, becoming the advanced country in economy within 40 years. As to military, China have enough forces to protect interests and security, mobile nuclear submarine speaks. Anyway we will develop conventional forces more or less according to international circumstance and outside challenges, especially Japan from sea and India from land.

It is funny because China is in the same position the U.S. was before the first gulf war in term of its military. New Precision strike capability, updated ground forces hardware, ETC....
They said that the US would be "in another Vietnam" if it fought the Iraqi Army in Kuwait. People had their doubts about overall US doctrine and how their newly acquired tech would fit into it. 1 month after the start of the first gulf war all critics were silenced.

My point is you should NEVER underestimate a military that has undergone major reforms in their army like modernization. Especially an Army the size of China's. The PLA have studied foriegn wars and made adjustments. China in the past 15 years has modernized its military EXTREMELY FAST, just like the US did in the late 70s and 80s.
Do not underestimate China.
You have a reasonable argument for China. However, the great difference here is that the US have the institutional memory from the Vietnam War for not only technological but doctrinal reform. The PLA as a modern military is relatively combat inexperience. At the risk of oversimplification, what the PLA is doing is like putting a pistol in the hands of a ten-yr old and compare him against a combat hardened infantryman -- the US.

Flamebait thread, further altered by OP for self fellatio usage. CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom