What's new

Why South Korea is so distinctively Christian

Because China is a large nation since history.

Unlike the Korean and Japan which permanently got stranded in a little corner in Northeast Asia, China's historical western border usually extends to Central Asia/Siberia.

Thus the Chinese population might get more influence from the ancient Caucasoid population from Siberia and Central Asia.

simple as that, no doubt, btw one indian caucasian population tends to be taller and slimmer than another, the former is from north and the latter from south. so yes, caucasians are not all the same.

simple as that, no doubt, btw one indian caucasian population tends to be taller and slimmer than another, the former is from north and the latter from south. so yes, caucasians are not all the same.

The Southwest Chinese/Tibetan R1a might be closer to the Indian one (R1a-Z93), but the Northwest Chinese R1a seems to be very Siberian, some even cluster with the Slavic one (R1a-Z282).

But it doesn't mean the ancient Northwest Chinese R1a was derived from the Slavic R1a, maybe from the more ancient Eurasian population such as the Scythians.

Can we make some simple conclusion based on the genetic migration factor so the foreign people can understand? Can we all agree Huaxia is the center of civilization in East Asia and expand to other area like Korea Peninsula and The Wa (Japan) Island.

Without China's cultural traits, your own culture will look that of the cave men.

Without the Chinese characters, you won't even have your own vocabularies. :coffee:

I don't care that the Korean ultranationalists' opinions.

The fact has showed that they are an uncreative nation without the capability to create their own original culture.
Europe has no chinese culture but they are the wealthiest continent. Those poor cavemen driving BMW's and free healthcare... :(

Can we stick to the topic?

My guess is that Koreans have very deep senses of victimization and martyrdom, which have also been further intensified by their incessant nationalist education. This sense of victimization made Koreans identify with a saving God that can deliver them, at the same time, the sense of martyrdom and nationalism making them feel they are a special group of people chosen by a God. Christianity answers their yearnings.

Buddhism, esp. Mahayana or Big Wheel that is being practiced in East Asia, emphasizes universal suffering and deliverance from this universal suffering. That is to say, in Mahayana Buddhism, no one is special snowflake and everybody living in this world is suffering, so Koreans' sufferings are nothing special and Koreans are no special chosen people that must undergo suffering like Jesus Christ.

Europe has no chinese culture but they are the wealthiest continent. Those poor cavemen driving BMW's and free healthcare... :(

The difference is that Europeans have white skin, while you don't have it. :coffee:

The difference is that Europeans have white skin, while you don't have it. :coffee:
I bet you are the wisest man of the 16th century.

Oh I have white skin too, and I'm hairy like them. 8-)
opbthx.jpg

Last edited:
Soon Japan will dump Shinto in favor of Christianity! Akihito will be mocked as a pagan pretending to be God and executed.

I bet you are the wisest man of the 16th century.

Oh I have white skin too, and I'm hairy like them. 8-)
opbthx.jpg

You are not European Caucasian, period.

Which Asian nation completely adopting the western culture is successful?

The puppet nations like Japan and South Korea simply don't count.

Last edited:
Buddhism, esp. Mahayana or Big Wheel that is being practiced in East Asia, emphasizes universal suffering and deliverance from this universal suffering. That is to say, in Mahayana Buddhism, no one is special snowflake and everybody living in this world is suffering, so Koreans' sufferings are nothing special and Koreans are no special chosen people that must undergo suffering like Jesus Christ.
Yup this is actually a common theme that exists in all dharmic belief systems, it's called karma yoga, i.e progress though action. Karma yoga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Another difference I've noticed is that in abrahamic religions is that gods are thought to be always good,above criticism etc. This is not the case here, they are frequently questioned, cursed and so on.

Seems like they are moving on from the above beliefs, and it seems to have political clout aswell. S. Korean PM Nominee: Japan’s Occupation Was ‘God’s Will’ | The Diplomat
I think the feeling that someone will come and save you comes up due to huge stress and there is a desire for an easy way out. Even in India people have forgotten about karma yoga, if you speak to some hindus they will tell you that god will come down in a avatar and everything will be fine and that they wont have to do anything (it is slightly different from the xtian version, but it is the same washing hands off approach). Maybe this also is a result of them not knowing about their own philosophies, or perhaps this is due to exposure to western media which tends to show more xtianity based stuff.

There seems to be a lot radical evangelism going on in Korea doing things like frequently beheading buddha statues, and some of these groups come here to places like gaya and try to create problems Korean Christians Stir Controversy By Holding Service At Sacred Buddhist Site

Yup this is actually a common theme that exists in all dharmic belief systems, it's called karma yoga, i.e progress though action. Karma yoga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Another difference I've noticed is that in abrahamic religions is that gods are thought to be always good,above criticism etc. This is not the case here, they are frequently questioned, cursed and so on.

Seems like they are moving on from the above beliefs, and it seems to have political clout aswell. S. Korean PM Nominee: Japan’s Occupation Was ‘God’s Will’ | The Diplomat
I think the feeling that someone will come and save you comes up due to huge stress and there is a desire for an easy way out. Even in India people have forgotten about karma yoga, if you speak to some hindus they will tell you that god will come down in a avatar and everything will be fine and that they wont have to do anything (it is slightly different from the xtian version, but it is the same washing hands off approach). Maybe this also is a result of them not knowing about their own philosophies, or perhaps this is due to exposure to western media which tends to show more xtianity based stuff.

There seems to be a lot radical evangelism going on in Korea doing things like frequently beheading buddha statues, and some of these groups come here to places like gaya and try to create problems Korean Christians Stir Controversy By Holding Service At Sacred Buddhist Site

Since the Buddhism is an offshore religion of the Hinduism, a part of the Vedic civilization.

What do the Indian members think about those Korean Christian fanatics? Are they any different from the Talibans who blown up the Buddha statue?

I'm not saying that the Chinese did not influence Japan, because nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, Japan , particularly the early period, was influenced by Chinese buddhist missionaries, bringing to Japan the Buddhist faith. But before this, Japan had already a vibrant Shinto religion, which was not supplanted by Buddhism, but merely incorporated the Buddhist principles. That is the unique trait of Japanese culture and civilization. We incorporate new theories, new philosophies and apply it to the Japanese context.

China had a role in introducing the Confucian culture to Japan, but this culture then developed its own uniquely Japanese traits. As for the writing system, Japanese writing incorporates a dualist system. We use Kanji (Hanzi), but we also incorporate our own uniquely Japanese character system -- Hiragana and Katakana. You see, Kanji is incorporated into the overall system.

The Koreans are vehemently proud and a martial race of people. They resemble us Japanese in many ways; or one could say that Japanese resemble them...in many ways. lol.

As for your claims of Koreans not producing their own culture , that is absurd. They have their own unique culture. Remember they do not even use Chinese characters (Hanja), but use a phonetic writing system known as Hangul. Which is very similar to Japanese Katakana and Hiragana , which also is based on a phonetic system.

Are you Japanese?

My understanding of Japanese writing system is Kanji came into being first, there's was only Kanji writing system in prime time, Kana was invented based on Kanji for the low class people to read and write. This is common sense, man.

I have no idea of Korean lanaguage, but I try to think it of the same nature.

South Koreans should be vigilant when their Catholic Church starts to slowly meddle in their national politics.

I don't think Christianity will increase anymore in south Korea,30% is enough,as far as I know,10 years ago,already 30%
This religion is alien to us Mongoloid people,if you believe in this religion,you should believe all your ancestors burned in hell,because non of our ancestors were Christians,so they couldn't be saved
And I think Chinese ultra-nationalists should care more of China,when you talk about Christianity in south korea,do you know how many Chinese converted to this religion every year?Do you know Christianity is fastest grow religion in China?How can you laugh at Koreans?

Back
Top Bottom