What's new

Why Rajapaksa's victory a setback for India but good for Pakistan

Gotabaya is an proven technocrat if he has a free hand he will do a lot of work but his main obstacle i see will be his brother Mahinda the newly appointed PM a quintessential politician and with all the political garbage of 40 years as a politician he will bring in to the govt.. It wont be easy
Hmm will be interesting to see what happens. I do think he should have chosen someone different though, would have made his promise of a new Sri Lanka seem more genuine.

Hmm will be interesting to see what happens. I do think he should have chosen someone different though, would have made his promise of a new Sri Lanka seem more genuine.

Well that's third world political nepotism for ya, They're quite unashamed about it

His campaign that promised so much just appointed a cabinet of ministers and deputies of 70 (the limit that the new constitutional amendment allows) for a nation of 21 million people.. Of most are convicted criminals and others with major cases of fraud against them currently in courts.. Certain things never change in third world shitholes, Same wine in a different shaped bottles

Are we 'China'?

• emerging hyperpower
  • $100 billion dollar trade via Chinese shipping using Indian Ocean
  • strategic rivalry with USA

We already have 1,000 miles border with India. Cuba was USSR's floating airbase that housed Soviet missile bases. Tell me is there any chance that SL will allow stationing of Shaheen missiles or a PA missile battery? Me thinks not.
Good point. People here thinking tiny neutral Sri Lanka that's culturally and ethnically very similar (99% similar) to South India would involve itself as an enemy to india in an alliance with Islamic Pakistan and Communist China which are two countries that have territorial disputes with India and thus have ideological and territorial reasons to be India's enemies??

Hahhhaa. We all know the truth, i can bet with you, the Chinese intelligence is planning with Rajapakssa now. We were the ones together with Pakistan helped destroy the Indian tamil card. In front of you he will appear friendly but we all knw the truth.
bro , first work to bring peace in hong kong , then capture or start another project in other places , sri lanka is not maldives . they wont drown soon . one must never leave work in progress for so long , hong kong and taiwan are important compared to sri lanka and other third world countries like india :azn:, super power china can any day sort out sub saharan underdeveloped poor malnutritioned weak countries like india.. :china:

bro , first work to bring peace in hong kong , then capture or start another project in other places , sri lanka is not maldives . they wont drown soon . one must never leave work in progress for so long , hong kong and taiwan are important compared to sri lanka and other third world countries like india :azn:, super power china can any day sort out sub saharan underdeveloped poor malnutritioned weak countries like india.. :china:
With or without Taiwan or HK, we will expand our Navy into IOR. Do you wait to solve Kashmir Khalistan Nagaland Maoist issue first before building a global Navy? Paramilitary forces is enough for internal issues. :p

Btw, you think TAMILAN wouldnt aant independence if India supports a regime which massacred Tamils? Common sense. Can Modi really afford to alienate the Tamils?

In politics policies change overnight.. This from May this year before he put his hat in to the presidential race

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/gotabaya-rajapaksa-modis-victory-is-good-for-easouth-asias-security.620278/
Might or might not change, but the Rajapaksas know India can create another LTTE anytime. They knw who their best bet is.

as a sri lankan, indians and chinese can have this shit hole island, nuke it if you want to. it's a shame my parents didn't emigrate earlier when they could.

In 1200-1300 itself muslims had reached TN. Areas Madurai was directly conquered while southern TN came under subsidiary alliance or vassaldom. Buddhists all over India were pacifists. They lost prestige and began to be seen as cowards when they were incapable of fighting muslims and hence lost followers, many of whom called themselves some caste in Hinduism and became Hindus. Lanka was hard to cross due to small strip of ocean separating it and hence was spared.

What? Buddhists were cowards? What type of a stupid saying is that?

When Muslims first arrived in India. Many of the kingdom which bore the brunt of Muslim attacks were essentially Hindu ones. About 13-14 centuries, Buddhism were being slowly replaced in India by Hinduism.

What? Buddhists were cowards? What type of a stupid saying is that?

When Muslims first arrived in India. Many of the kingdom which bore the brunt of Muslim attacks were essentially Hindu ones. About 13-14 centuries, Buddhism were being slowly replaced in India by Hinduism.
wow , thanks for enlightenment . BTW there are many saints like buddha in Bharat . and budhism is one of the streams which flows from sanatan dharma . lucky for you , discussing religion is not allowed here , or else i give you few teachings which you wont find buddha ever preached in his life , right away :china:.

Back
Top Bottom