What's new

Why Quaid-I-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah said: "There is no power on earth that can undo Pakistan!"

Because he knew any power could do it. So he was hoping to innoculate Pakistan from the real danger he faced. And it only took 24 years in 1971 for events to prove this. as Pakistan v0.1 was undone.

I wonder how would he think of Pakistan 2.0 post 1971

sounds like a fake story.
Here is the oath Quaid-e-Azam he took for the office of Governor-General of Pakistan
“I do solemnly affirm true faith and allegiance to the Constitution of Pakistan as by law established and I will be faithful to His Majesty (or her Majesty) his heirs and successors in the Office of the Governor-General of Pakistan.”

Jinnah’s proposed changes for the Pakistani version of the oath were twofold. He proposed to use “affirm” instead of “swear” and he asked for an omission of the words “so help me God.” Consequently an official of the state in Pakistan, including the Governor General, was to solemnly affirm allegiance and true faith to the Constitution of Pakistan as by law established and was to remain faithful to King George and his heirs. The Indian oath required Indian officials to swear allegiance and true faith to Constitution of India and to remain faithful to King George and his heirs with the additional statement “so help me God”.

Thus Jinnah omitted all references to a deity not just by omitting the last part but also replacing “swear” with “affirm”. Any lawyer who has been in the trade long enough knows that an affidavit can be made in two ways under law. First would be to swear which means swearing to God or to a deity. The second more secular form is to affirm which means affirming at one’s own conscience. So as a barrister Jinnah understood this difference and chose affirm instead of swear. Second of course was the omission of the reference to God.

Second of course was the omission of the reference to God.
Maulana Jinnah.

focus1inside.png

You should know your audience Ivan. You are really terrible at this.
I am sorry Sir, but nobody had complained before.
If you could please elaborate the reason you have called me out for on this post, I would be grateful.

Every enemy internal and external has tried to undo pakistan since 14 August 1947. Yet alhumdulillah we are still here. Men can argue over details but Pakistan remains
This! Sir you have spoken my mind.

Thus Jinnah omitted all references to a deity not just by omitting the last part but also replacing “swear” with “affirm”. Any lawyer who has been in the trade long enough knows that an affidavit can be made in two ways under law. First would be to swear which means swearing to God or to a deity. The second more secular form is to affirm which means affirming at one’s own conscience. So as a barrister Jinnah understood this difference and chose affirm instead of swear. Second of course was the omission of the reference to God.
Ma`am, this is just an interesting view of an educationist that I thought to share. Of course there is difference of opinion regarding the views of Muhammad Ali Jinnah about the constitution of Pakistan and the present we have. Some of his speeches are about Islam, whereas others speak of a secular state. But I have no intention of getting into that debate.

its just a political statement man why you guys take it too deep ?
I agree Sir. But came across this video and thought to share.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom