What's new

Why Pakistan won't give up Hafiz Saeed

This is all so much trash, if India are serious then they should showcase the Indian Justice system and try the Hafiz in absentia, give him the best defense you can and hold the trial -- Right now, not just Pakistan but no country will send any citizen to India to stand trial for a crime not committed in India -- What India must do is to connect the dots and do it in a legal case - then it can say things that are meaningful with regard to the Hafiz

So, 26/11 did not happen in India? OR u think Hafiz was not responsible for it?

I had this argument about with one Senior Intelligence offiicer some years back. He advised me that India does not believe in eliminating people like Hafeez and their likes coz, one will go and another appear. Our policy is simply to give them many more Hafeez, of different shapes, sizes and colors. What is life without colors..

I could not understand what he meant than....but now it is crystal clear. I salute this strategy.

This is all so much trash, if India are serious then they should showcase the Indian Justice system and try the Hafiz in absentia, give him the best defense you can and hold the trial -- Right now, not just Pakistan but no country will send any citizen to India to stand trial for a crime not committed in India -- What India must do is to connect the dots and do it in a legal case - then it can say things that are meaningful with regard to the Hafiz

No use trying him in absentia Sir. For India Hafeez Saeed is more the institutional cuplability in promoting terrorism agains Indians. Best Indians would hope for would be to make him the hot potato that nobody wants to cuddle with. That should be enough. From my view, it is more about policy then the mere man.

I had this argument about with one Senior Intelligence offiicer some years back. He advised me that India does not believe in eliminating people like Hafeez and their likes coz, one will go and another appear. Our policy is simply to give them many more Hafeez, of different shapes, sizes and colors. What is life without colors..

I could not understand what he meant than....but now it is crystal clear. I salute this strategy.

Can you elaborate? I don't understand his strategy - neither head, nor tail.

Can you elaborate? I don't understand his strategy - neither head, nor tail.

ISI can control one Hafeez but not 100 of them..... all trying to be more Islamic than Prophet ( PBUH) himself. Look the result now..

So, 26/11 did not happen in India? OR u think Hafiz was not responsible for it?

Don't test my patience, you'll regret it -- Making the claim that the Hafiz is responsible, and making the convincing legal case is another -- if such a case can be made persuasively, it will become very difficult to have the Hafiz keep a high profile and it would reduce the utility of the Hafiz to zero, in other words even if he were convicted and then even if Pakistan did not "hand him over", Hafiz would have no utility.

do u think such things nvr came across their mind??

Actually there r no sufficient proof.
Also they can go to Hague too but again there also they need to prove it.

ISI can control one Hafeez but not 100 of them..... all trying to be more Islamic than Prophet ( PBUH) himself. Look the result now..

I dont think that would be the right strategy.

Do you want 100 Hafiz Saeed's without control in a country which has nuclear weapons ?

Don't test my patience, you'll regret it -- Making the claim that the Hafiz is responsible, and making the convincing legal case is another -- if such a case can be made persuasively, it will become very difficult to have the Hafiz keep a high profile and it would reduce the utility of the Hafiz to zero, in other words even if he were convicted and then even if Pakistan did not "hand him over", Hafiz would have no utility.

Provided you guys accept the proof provided by India.

When you don't have the will to accept his doings, there is no question of extraditing him to India, anyways!

Who gave you the idea that Indians want to go and fight in Balochistan? By the looks of it, if Balochs do it then it should be clearly sufficient.

yes we r not denying it r we??

But is it sufficient to make it same as of East Pak?
No it isnt.
We have said it in 2008 for the first time n now its 2013. and in BD it just took u 9 months.

Don't test my patience, you'll regret it -- Making the claim that the Hafiz is responsible, and making the convincing legal case is another -- if such a case can be made persuasively, it will become very difficult to have the Hafiz keep a high profile and it would reduce to utility of the Hafiz to zero, in other words even if he were convicted and then even if Pakistan did not "hand him over", Hafiz would have no utility.

Wrong. God works in Ironic ways in Pakistan. US put a bounty on his torso. It added to his celebrity status. Why keep him in the news for reasons which can be easily challenged and with arguments which will be anyway distorted. Better to "connect the dots" as you said but more in a manner that the institutional culpability is targeted with any delay in the action against him. That way, he is more precious when he is free for India and an "exposed phoda / pimle for Pakistan.

No use trying him in absentia Sir. For India Hafeez Saeed is more the institutional cuplability in promoting terrorism agains Indians. Best Indians would hope for would be to make him the hot potato that nobody wants to cuddle with. That should be enough. From my view, it is more about policy then the mere man.

Obviously the current strategy is not working, the Hafiz is not a hot potato, precisely because of the transparently propaganda purpose Indian authorities use him for - in other words, even the Indians are not persuaded other than the propaganda business, and the way to really nake the Hafiz a hot potato and at the same time high light the Indian Justice system, is to try him, give him the best defense possible and let the chips fall where they may - this will not only show that the Indian government and security establishment do not make unsubstantiated statements/claims, but are not just fair minded but also are genuinely interested in the truth and it's legal implications.

Short of this, it all so much trash propaganda

Sindhudesh was never a big issue.. didnt have suppport anyways... There are more attacks coz we are in a state of war ... try more of tht who knows there might be more blasts on ur side.
State of War ? I thought it was Freedom Struggle according to definition of Pakistanis on this forum.

My bad.

yes we r not denying it r we??

But is it sufficient to make it same as of East Pak?
No it isnt.
We have said it in 2008 for the first time n now its 2013. and in BD it just took u 9 months.

Wrong. Bangladesh started right when Urdu was imposed. The actual battle took 9 months. Now relook at Balochistan with this perspective. :)

Wrong. God works in Ironic ways in Pakistan. US put a bounty on his torso. It added to his celebrity status. Why keep him in the news for reasons which can be easily challenged and with arguments which will be anyway distorted. Better to "connect the dots" as you said but more in a manner that the institutional culpability is targeted with any delay in the action against him. That way, he is more precious when he is free for India and an "exposed phoda / pimle for Pakistan.

US put up money for evidence leading to his conviction - not on his head, so don't resort to BS to further your argument - If India are persuaded that they have such information, certainly they should discuss the matter with their US ally. What could be more fair, transparent and a victory for the Indian justice system.

Your post suggests that to your Thinking Hafiz can be used for slinging mud and ensuring that it sticks to then pain the Pakistani state in a poor light - Sure, like I said, just trash, but if floats your boat , OK, however, how will you persuade anyone in Pakistan and elsewhere f all you seek is to do a tar and feather job?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom