What's new

Why Ottoman Empire joined Central Powers in WWI

I think westtowel refering to Greece

Oh please, Greece? :D
Russia is the one who shaped Turkey's foreign policy most. And the main reason why Turkey is in NATO right now.

Funny the thing is Kurdistan already created as Northern Iraq Kurdish Region : They use kurd flag , speak their language freely and living with autonomy(all that left is now breaking from Iraq completly).But despite the years of talking Turkey and Kurdistan will fight each other our relationship with Northern Iraq Kurdish Region is excellent , we buy their petrolium for ourselves or sell via Turkey(it said to be after 2015 Turkey's all petrolium need will be supplied by North Region , no more rely on Iranians or Russians) , at same time that region became hell of a market for Turkish products specially for construction companies (do you have any idea how much money Turkish construction companies made by rebuilding Iraq after the destruction caused by invasion?).

Our problem is not with Northern Kurdish Region but Central Iraq Goverment who ally themselves with Iran and thanks to that Iraq Kurds ally themselves with Turkey.BTW currently Kurdish president reside in Turkey under our protection to protect himself from Iraq goverment for those who don't know.

So what is your take on this shocking truth about Iraq's Kurds allying themselves with Turkey , Solomon? The fact each day passes we are reducing our petrol need to other nations but fully covering it by Kurd petrol ? The fact Northern Iraq Kurdish Region is an excellent market Turkish goods or companies ?The fact Kurd president under the protection of Turkey?

On a side note: MIDEAST - Iraq denies visa to Turkish nationalist leader

So what is your take on this shocking truth about Iraq's Kurds allying themselves with Turkey , Solomon? The fact each day passes we are reducing our petrol need to other nations but fully covering it by Kurd petrol ? The fact Northern Iraq Kurdish Region is an excellent market Turkish goods or companies ?The fact Kurd president under the protection of Turkey?
Nothing, really.

Read up on your WWI history, the answer is not too difficult. Indeed, if you really knew just the outline you wouldn't ask such a question.

I think you are reffering to Eastern Question.

Oh please, Greece? :D
Russia is the one who shaped Turkey's foreign policy most. And the main reason why Turkey is in NATO right now.

On a side note: MIDEAST - Iraq denies visa to Turkish nationalist leader

Latest move from Central Iraq Goverment no suprise here i was expecting this after the diplomay crisis with Davutoglu's visit to Kerkuk , now all that left is wait for dismantlement of Iraq and recognize Northern Iraq Kurdish Region as Kurdistan.When Kurdistan created in Iraq and people see Kurdistan's biggest ally is Turkey againts rest of the middle-east many people will be shocked.After years of the propaganda about Kurdistan will be created , Turk Kurds will kill each other via civil war and Turkey will be dismantle i seriously wonder what will be the next move of those Turk haters ?This time Alevis perhaps?

So, if you have weak military and industry, you avoid alliances and try to be neutral. So what drag Empire into alliance with Central Powers.

I also read some where that Allied Powers were neutral to Empire until Empire announced their alliance with Central Powers.

Close relations between Ottomans and Germans goes back to 1890's. Germans were more trustworthy than British and French. Against Russia, German was balancing power status. German army was the best of Europe.

Bombardment of Russian cities on Black Sea coast by Two German dreadnoughts/ or frigates caused Ottomans to enter the war. Allies gonna divide Ottoman Empire one way or another.

At least Russian Empire collapsed with us. British and French were severely weakened.

Some says it was due to conflict with Russia over Balkans, some says about harboring German warships.

Although, Turkish ambassador in Paris Rifat Pasha advised that neither side would hesitate to dismantle the Empire. According to Rifat, Germany was not as strong as Enver Pasha perceived and considered Turkey to be merely a pawn. Enver Pasha defied Rifat's pleas to avoid alliance with either side and took what he saw as an opportunity to claim a victory in war.

So what was behind the minds of Turks? Why Turks decided to take side and not to be neutral as some suggested? What was the perimeter of Enver Pasha victory in war? What were plans to achieve that victory?

Before reading any comment , let me tell you , a few people already made up there mind and after 2 german ships were allowed to pass the straits and were let in , this was the breaking point.

The reason for this was because of the fact that the control of Ottoman Empire was not in the hands of the Turks but in the hands of Zionists. The Chief Rabbi Emmanuel Carasso that dethroned II. Abdul Hamid and took over the power. After he completed this he started the Balkan war with intention to unite the Greeks and the Russians. And after that with no reason he took us into WWI and finally destroyed the Ottoman-Empire.

MAN DAMN LEAVE THIS FORUM AND YOUR ZIONIST BS , FOR YOU EVERYTHING IS THEORIES.

There is one country which scares Turkey more than anything.:rofl:

Guess which country is that?

Poor indian living in poor greece , what a suprise , 2 colonies . One of Ottoman Empire one of British.

There was little chance to stay neutral because i think it was winston churchill he made plans so we join on their side , but enver pasha really overestimated Germans.

Killuminati

AvO6n.jpg

I always wonder what would happen if we invaded Vienna in first siege , if we joined the allies on WW1 and was victorious.

Too damn tired to read the whole thread but i will answer this
I always wonder what would happen if we invaded Vienna in first siege , if we joined the allies on WW1 and was victorious.
The empire did not invade vienna for a reason infact Siege itself was to send a message, and it did.

Ottoman Empire was already having troubles with recently conquered Hungary, Austria would be even more difficult to control. It's very simple really, the empire reached it's neatural borders.

What really bugs me is this: Don-Volga Kanal Projesi - Vikipedi
If turkey have not joined Central Powers in WWI.There will be no Turkey today.
No champ, quite the opposite. October revolution wouldn't happen and Tsardom would survive.

It would erase soviet union from history :)

Ottoman empire joined central powers, not Turkey, yes if Ottoman empire was not joined the central powers(or allied powers), there would be possible not Turkey but Ottoman empire :)

Vienna's defensive walls were very close to falling. The Ottomans were preparing to detonate the walls but were stopped moments before they could detonate and destroy certain areas in the walls. Had this happened Ottoman soldiers would have rushed in and overwhelmed the remaining Habsburg soldiers in the city. Had Vienna fallen, I think Venice or Milan would have been next... Or Venice may have payed off the Ottomans to not attack them and Milan would be attacked and then eventually Rome.

One thing the Turks should have done in newly conquered areas is they should have massacred a number of locals to instill fear in the new populations, the light-touch policy of the Ottomans wasn't effective in the long-term, also Ottomans should have instilled their culture and language in the local populations.

Back
Top Bottom