What's new

Why only single engine planes?

Baburfromsarmarkand

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I'm not understanding why we wont go for dual engine jets. Is there an advantage to having all the top line fighters single engine? Also f15 is an old model and many nations are retiring their fleets. Any chance we might see the Eagle in green roundel?

I'm not understanding why we wont go for dual engine jets. Is there an advantage to having all the top line fighters single engine? Also f15 is an old model and many nations are retiring their fleets. Any chance we might see the Eagle in green roundel?
Hi,

Overall operational cost---. Most of our geography is such that the single engine meets our needs---.

Except for our naval strike missions---where dual engine is needed---.

Actually, this is good question and yes, we need dual engine jets.
a. No we don't.

b. Please enlighten us as to what you're going to achieve by getting dual-engine jets*

*Not that this topic hasn't already been discussed to death.

The PN is never going to have its own Fighter Squadron. It will never have an Aircraft Carrier (another a-hole topic that pops up from time to time).

The PAF is covering what lil' area we have in the Arabian Sea. The cost of maintaining dual-engine jets goes up - significantly. Are we in a position to take up such a migraine?

I'm not understanding why we wont go for dual engine jets.
PAF:

1667759499121.png

No F-15s planned.

O God...

Not this Topic/Discussion (again).

Is it the first of 2022 or 2nd?

I know we had one last year.
A legitimate concern held by many. It's like the difference between a 2 liter and 4 Liter car. Dual engine would give faster acceleration and be able to carry heavier load.

A legitimate concern held by many. It's like the difference between a 2 liter and 4 Liter car. Dual engine would give faster acceleration and be able to carry heavier load.
Exactly. India has many dual engine models. I don't think anyone considers single engine crafts as air superiority fighters

Question is what is the difference between the F35 and F16. F16 is a generation behind in every respect.

F-35s are not available to both India and Pakistan. Any point in discussing hypotheticals

It's a multi role. Not air superiority. The US. Considers the f16 inferior to f15 and even f14 & f18

F-16 can be reconfigured to be air superiority aircraft. Do you realize F-16 program arose from the fact that F-15s were too large and too expensive in a lot of scenarios ?

In the era of drones and AD systems, its waste of money, given our airspace is not too large either.

Back
Top Bottom