What's new

Why Not ?

Rank

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Why not pakistan ask US for F-14 recurt in Pakistan Navy after Us navel F14 retirement ? its 1980z platform but still today powerfull platform for Navy what do u think guys ?

becuase it is from US!!:agree:

PAF must afriad that one dat US will come up with a blame that PAF have modiied them to 22 and they are a threat to India,,,:lol::rofl:
well bro on a serious note, i guess we had enough of US fair weather relations!:disagree:

regards!

becuase it is from US!!:agree:

PAF must afriad that one dat US will come up with a blame that PAF have modiied them to 22 and they are a threat to India,,,:lol::rofl:
well bro on a serious note, i guess we had enough of US fair weather relations!:disagree:

regards!

Why im asking this question ? because we never leave USA remmeber "FMS" lol we have half of military hardware through FMS ;)

Because it is only a naval interceptor (PAF would prefer to have a multi-role platform, especially one so expensive.)
Because we have had enough of US equipment to know what strings come attached.
Because if we put even a 2 rupee sticker on it it would cause an inquiry by Congress.
Because the only thing going for it (the Phoenix missile) still had problems even after close to 3 decades of service.
Because we would probably opt for earlier models, which had terrible engines that routinely decided to stop working.

We shouldn't, simply because its too old

Why im asking this question ? because we never leave USA remmeber "FMS" lol we have half of military hardware through FMS ;)

:lol: well then the only option can be to ask them for Something, dont sit and wait and start looking for some alternative, now if we get the system through FMS, good for us, if not, to hell with them!!
atleast we have got a replacement!!
i mean, seriously, dependence on US, specially for hardcore equipment that is to form back bone of our services wont do us any good!!:agree:

regards!

Last edited:
Because it is only a naval interceptor (PAF would prefer to have a multi-role platform, especially one so expensive.)
Because we would probably opt for earlier models, which had terrible engines that routinely decided to stop working.
Yup, that's a LANTIRN pod and an LGB
dd955585c2b4554cae182d231b14aadb.jpg

F-14/TF30 combination was "probably the worst engine/airframe mismatch we have had in years". Some of the F-14A aircraft underwent engine upgrades to the GE F110-400 in 1987. These upgraded Tomcats were redesignated F-14A+, which was later changed to F-14B in 1991. A total of 38 new aircraft were manufactured to B standard and 48 F-14A were upgraded to B variants. The F-14D variant also included the GE F110-400 engines.

Hi,

If I remember correctly, because of the F 14 parts being smuggled to iran---all the remaing F 14 were basically taken apart and chopped up.

Now---I can be corrected on this item by a more knowledgeable member.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom